Local channels not coming in again. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I just posted this forum (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1496739/trying-to-split-my-antenna-and-half-of-stations-drop-off-when-split-it#post_23880883) a few weeks ago and our channels have been coming in for a few weeks until today.

It's been raining again and our upstairs tv all the channels are being "blippy." I just checked our downstairs and our downstairs tv is coming in perfect on all channels. After that I noticed our upstairs tv comes in perfect on all channels only if I'm touching the exposed metal end of the coax connecting to the tv.

So why does the upstairs tv only come in when I touch the end of the coax? It's rainy out today so I'm sure it's more humid out. The coax coming from the amplifier to the upstairs tv is factory and I haven't redone the ends. The tv downstairs is off the same amplifier that's sitting next to the tv.

I was thinking somehow my body touching the coax was creating a ground so I tried creating a wire with a connector I connected to the center screw on an outlet and touched that to the coax and it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas how to fix this? Maybe is my coax run from the distributor downstairs to upstairs too long? Our house isn't that big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 301
FYI..

You're posting in a section that's for groupings of local areas. If you look around, you'll see few if any posts such as yours. Everything is carefully grouped and titled.

Do not start a new thread in this section. Use the existing one for your area.

If none of the sections here fits or you can't get a response, Post in HDTV Technical, but CAREFULLY FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES FOR ANTENNA HELP THREADS that are listed in the sticky post at the top of the section.

We need your LOCATION
We need your TV Fool report

And you'll need to provide a TON of details. Antenna type, amp, length of run. Hell a photo will help.

This thread is locked.

Good luck.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.