SA 8300HDC (Comcast Houston) help please . . . - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've been trying my best to cure a SEVERE channel change lag problem with a replacement DVR I picked up on Monday. Replaced another 8300HDC which had a hard drive failure over the weekend.

Best that I can determine, the severe lag only occurs when the channel change involves a video format change, say 720P to 1080i, or whatever. The lag / dropout can last as long as 4 or 5 seconds - MUCHO aggravating to say the least. This was NEVER an issue with my older 8300.

I downloaded the so-called SA "Explorer HDTV Setup Wizard" and the SA "Explorer Digital Video Recorder" pdf's and tried following the "Setup Wizard" instructions with absolutely no results. I can't yet get into setup screens! Obviously I have outdated information. After hours of searching this forum I'm more confused than ever. I still have NO idea which software this particular DVR is running. I'm SO dumb . . . frown.gif

Anyway, attached is a screenshot of my 8300's "configuration" screen. Hopefully someone who reads this post will be able to identify my software and take the time to post a blow-by-blow, keystroke by keystroke description of how to get into my 8300's setup screens so I can lock the video output to 1080i.

By the way, my setup is as follows: 8300HDC - HDMI - Yamaha RX-Z7 A-V Receiver - HDMI - Panasonic TCP-65V10 Plasma Display

Many, MANY thanks in advance for helping this stupid ol' fat guy out! rolleyes.gif

IMG_0181s.jpg 149k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0181s.jpg (149.4 KB, 7 views)

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Please post in existing threads for this area.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page