Mobile, AL / Panama City, FL - HDTV - Page 146 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #4351 of 4365 Old 02-04-2017, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Fox10 has finally used their new logo on the ident, but kept the old one in the onscreen/watermark ident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4365 Old 02-05-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoroanime View Post
Fox10 has finally used their new logo on the ident, but kept the old one in the onscreen/watermark ident.
Another new logo of theirs (along with several new graphics of theirs) was on one of their local news programs yesterday evening.
post #4353 of 4365 Old 02-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looks like they finally gave in and went to the "corporate colors" of the Fox network. About the only station left I know of doing their own thing in the graphics department is WBRC in Birmingham. Their logo is reminiscent of the old red WBRC sign atop Red Mountain.

post #4354 of 4365 Old 02-22-2017, 06:20 AM

post #4355 of 4365 Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
CHARGE!

Coming in March to WEAR 3.3.

Anyone notice RD is down?
post #4356 of 4365 Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poledo View Post
CHARGE!

Coming in March to WEAR 3.3.

Anyone notice RD is down?
Yeah it's been down for a few days now I guess. Dunno what's going on.

Charge! is not a channel I've heard of before, I had to look it up. Another action-oriented network. This area has been kind of slow getting on board the subchannel bandwagon, I believe. Some markets like Montgomery have one or two LDTV channels that pick up the slack. Just between WALE-LD and WDSF-LD in Montgomery, they have Laff, Justice Network, Escape TV, Jewelry TV, Movies, Heroes and Icons, Comet, Dr. TV, Buzzr, Get TV and more. And the big stations each have one subchannel as well. We have some of those, but not all of them. And there are dozens more of these digital subchannel networks out there.
post #4357 of 4365 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

Not only is Mobile-P'cola slow to jump on the diginet bandwagon using LPTV stations, we have 5 full power stations lacking sub channels (WFBD, WAWD, WDPM, WPAN & WHBR). Mobile has never had an entertainment based (non-religious/shopping) LPTV station.

According to RD's Facebook page they got hacked.
post #4358 of 4365 Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Not only is Mobile-P'cola slow to jump on the diginet bandwagon using LPTV stations, we have 5 full power stations lacking sub channels (WFBD, WAWD, WDPM, WPAN & WHBR). Mobile has never had an entertainment based (non-religious/shopping) LPTV station.

According to RD's Facebook page they got hacked.
To be fair, though… who can actually pick up most of those channels?

WHBR is the only one that seems to have a really big signal that reaches both Pensacola and Mobile. And it does have two subchannels. One is CTN International and one is CTN Lifestyle, whatever that is.

I'm not even sure WAWD is on the air anymore. I don't think it's been on for a while. WDES-CA is on, though. WPAN is silent still as far I know, and when it was on, it had Cozi TV I believe.

WFBD would be a good choice for some of these diginets, it'd at least get them cable carriage in the entire market.
post #4359 of 4365 Old Today, 11:17 AM

Same difference.
I don't believe I've ever seen WAWD in digital. WPAN has been on the air lately showing garbage with no subs. I only knew about the WHBR Spanish Christian sub channel, still they have a commercial license and could add more (family friendly/shopping). WDPM appears to be off the air more often than not. WFBD is locally programmed with local sales and they still don't use sub-channels.

WCTU-LP Pensacola went off the air over a year ago. WBQP-CA Pensacola doesn't have sub channels any more and the primary may only be available on Cox in Pensacola now.
post #4360 of 4365 Old Today, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Same difference.
I don't believe I've ever seen WAWD in digital. WPAN has been on the air lately showing garbage with no subs. I only knew about the WHBR Spanish Christian sub channel, still they have a commercial license and could add more (family friendly/shopping). WDPM appears to be off the air more often than not. WFBD is locally programmed with local sales and they still don't use sub-channels.

WCTU-LP Pensacola went off the air over a year ago. WBQP-CA Pensacola doesn't have sub channels any more and the primary may only be available on Cox in Pensacola now.
WPAN's back on? Hmm. I don't think it's on DirecTV anymore. They dropped it from the lineup when it went silent. I guess no one knows it's back on. It was only there because of must-carry, I'm sure. Same as WAWD and WFBD.

WDPM is odd; their transmitter site is supposed to be on one of the sticks in Baldwin County, and they run low but not flea power, but I have a really hard time picking them. Mario500 is over in Mobile and can get them, though, so it makes me wonder if they are not transmitting from where they are licensed, or using a directional antenna or something. I'm almost line of sight to the two big tall towers in Baldwin County but WDPM's signal hovers around 25% while the other stations from those towers are all 100%. When I can get it, it's a good picture, in HD too.
post #4361 of 4365 Old Today, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Charge! is not a channel I've heard of before, I had to look it up. Another action-oriented network.
Charge! is a Sinclair owned diginet that launches this week on a fair amount of Sinclair owned stations. In some cases they are dropping GetTV and Grit for Charge! and their co-owned TBD (yes thats what the station is called)
post #4362 of 4365 Old Today, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
Charge! is a Sinclair owned diginet that launches this week on a fair amount of Sinclair owned stations. In some cases they are dropping GetTV and Grit for Charge! and their co-owned TBD (yes thats what the station is called)
That seriously might be the worst name for a network/station ever conceived. I see on the Wikipedia page they picked the name because Allbritton already owned the TBD.com domain, ha ha. That's cheap.
post #4363 of 4365 Old Today, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Is TBD a better or worse name than This TV or Antenna TV? (Or Get TV, or Me TV, or My Network TV, or...)

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #4364 of 4365 Old Today, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Is TBD a better or worse name than This TV or Antenna TV? (Or Get TV, or Me TV, or My Network TV, or...)

- Trip
They're all pretty silly, but TBD takes it to the next level because the majority of people are probably going to see that and think it's a placeholder — To Be Determined — for something to come later.
post #4365 of 4365 Old Today, 08:39 PM

TBD-TV? It would be cool if they called it The Best Damn TV.

I assume WPAN is just on the air now for licensing purposes. They were showing old infomercials with the wrong aspect ratio and no station ID or PSIP on channel 40. I assume it's WPAN.

When WDPM was new (PSIP channel 4 days) I could pick it up in Pensacola. I haven't seen it in quite a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception