All Digital?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good Afternoon, Does anyone know when my area(Daytona -ormond beach) is supposed to be going all digital. I suppose I will need a few of those digital tuners Brighthouse is offering. Thanks in advance for any help here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 122

It may be better to ask on one of these threads, if appropriate:

Orlando; Daytona Beach; Melbourne
Orlando, FL - OTA
Orlando, FL - Comcast
Orlando, FL - BHN
Orlando, FL - AT&T

Daytona Beach
Orlando, FL - OTA
Orlando, FL - Comcast
Orlando, FL - BHN

Those threads would have information more specific to whether you are receiving over-the-air (OTA) signals (an antenna), or a given cable provider and the title of the thread would attract the right eyeballs.

If you are getting over-the-air (OTA) signals (using an antenna), I can tell you that according to Federal law all analog (NTSC) TV transmissions over the air are required to cease by September 1, 2015, so that gives you the furthest out limit for analog over-the-air transmissions. All full-powered stations must have already converted to digital (ATSC) transmission by now, but there may still be some "translators" and possibly some low-power stations still transmitting in analog even at this late date. Also, if your TV was manufactured after March 1, 2007, it probably also has a digital tuner and you would have to kick off the TV's rescan to find the existing digital TV transmissions available in your area. Usually you can tell if the TV is tuned to a digital or analog signal by the format of the channel number: xx (e.g., 28) would be an analog channel, whereas xx-x or xx.x (e.g., 28-1 or 28.1) would be a digital channel (28-1 or 28.1 would be the primary channel of station 28, usually in HD; 28-2, 28-3, etc., would be subchannels carrying different programming and usually in SD).

If you are getting cable service, that is completely separate from over-the-air issues and is very dependent on your particular cable provider and location.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2014, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Hi there Surf! Come join us over on the Orlando thread. In the meantime, I'd suggest you head to your local office and grab your DTA's ASAP. We just switched this week in Brevard, so you won't be far behind.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 272
^^^^^

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page