Selinsgrove,PA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-08-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Just bought an AntennaDirect DB8e and PA-18 pre amp! My home sets about 10 ft above the our road and the antenna is mounted about 25 ft in the air from ground level! TVfool claims I should get about 17 channels (from basically two directions). I get 2 that are watchable! I'm using quad guard cable and only the necessary connections. Is this the wrong antenna for my area? For it being advertised as the most powerful I'm highly disappointed!

Figuring that it may have to go up, and I hate heights, does anyone know a good installer in my area? Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Please call our customer service for assistance. Your location and system configuration will need to be analyzed.

What is obvious from a generic location of Selingrove is that at least four of your major local stations are VHF and we clearly identify the DB8e as a UHF antenna (Specifications: High gain across entire UHF band (UHF channels 14-51)). The DB8e is not designed or intend for VHF and there are no claims made as to VHF reception.

Tech support for Antennas Direct
post #3 of 4 Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Channel 8 comes in at about 45% if I adjust the antenna that direction! Before going to DirecTv we had an old antenna bow tie/screen type (similar to half the DB8e) with a dedicated antenna for channel 8! We  received, using a router, channels 8, 15, 16, 21, 22, 27, 28, 33, 43 and 44. Now I can receive 21 and 33 as the only two channels that come in clear with no pixelation or signal loss and some channels have no signal! I understand digital signals require more transmitter power (?), could this be the problem? I find this hard to believe as some of the channels are not that far away! Also, two of the 'bow ties' seem a little loose as if the rivets aren't tight. Could the antenna have been damaged in shipping and I don't see it?

Thank you for the response! I will attempt contact with AD service but this will be difficult as I'm hard of hearing and wifie will have to talk. In the mean time, there must be an installer in this area I can use if needed! Anyone?  Tom

post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Inched the antenna up another foot or so! Amazing what that did for it! Hope to find someone to raise it up more as I still can't receive FOX. If some signal is lost at each cable connection you'ld think there'd be someway to shield those connections!

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page