Need help with OTA in Spring City, TN - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As the title suggests, I am trying to convert from Dish network to OTA programming, but since I haven't dealt with antennas in many years and I am a long distance away from the local broadcasters (45-55 miles), I really don't know where to start. I have looked at the recommendations of TV Fool, and am hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. If possible, I would like to simply adapt the dish satellite mast and attach a roof-top antenna directly to it. Currently, it is located about 12 feet off the ground. What do you think? Follow the link below for the specifics provided by TV Fool.

[URL=http:// http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3de1c60020d442d6]TV Fool Analysis Report[/URL]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mounting the antenna/amp is simple enough and odds are you will pick up something not found on Dish. It might be worth doing if for no other reason than to scratch the itch and see what is out there. Depends on one's expectations and what you would consider successful.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-12-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Most major channels seem to be HiVHF and UHF. So I would suggest an Antennacraft HBU-33 or Winegard 7696 antenna. And a Winegard LNA-200 preamp or the cheaper RCA preamp. There is a RF3 channel, but doesn't appear to be a major network.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! I actually ended up ordering the Winegard HD 7698P as the recommended antenna from one of the online vendors. Now, well see how high I need to mount it smile.gif.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception