West Palm Beach area splitter / combiner - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 07-17-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
West Palm Beach area splitter / combiner

I live about 40 miles north of WPB. North Port Saint Lucie FL. I have been having problems with channel 12 & 13 (5.1 & 12.1)
Quality of one or the other or both can go to zero sometimes. Usually around 67
Pixelization happens with even a strong Quality. (Interference) Happens for only seconds or up to an hour.
I have tried several different antennas. Filters / splitters / FM trap etc. None help at all on this problem.
I just order some new items to try and want to make sure I connect them correctly.
First I have tried several amps. Up to $125.00 with built in filters. No help.
However, the last one got hit and went dead. Read up on more amps. The RCA kept coming up as the one to get. But at $20.00 how good could it be? It is awesome. VHF/UHF combiner built in if needed. I use two antennas VHF and a UHF. Does not overload on a very strong UHF station I live near.
Never has my system worked this good by just changing the amp.
Still get hit with pixelization every so often. Ordered a new VHF / UHF splitter combiner. I will be using it to just pass UHF. Question. Do I terminate the unused port?
Next one.
I also purchased a Hi Lo VHF Pico splitter. I will only be using the VHF Hi. Terminate the unused port?
I hope it does not lower my quality for channel 13. I am worried about that.
With this one do I still need the FM trap?
Sponsored Links
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page