Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 08-09-2014, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Channel Master 4251 UHF Parascope

This Channel Master 4251 UHF Parascope Antenna has served me well in Northern Virginia to pull in both DC and Baltimore stations. I am taking it down after about 14 years of service. On one occasion, high winds laid it flat on my roof, but it did not appear to be damaged. If no one is interested in this antenna, I plan to take it apart and throw it away. I could wait to take it down if someone wants it. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8600 - Copy.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	205353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8601.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	205361  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-09-2014, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

http://www.rocketroberts.com/cm4251/cm4251.htm
post #3 of 13 Old 08-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Harms View Post
This Channel Master 4251 UHF Parascope Antenna has served me well in Northern Virginia to pull in both DC and Baltimore stations. I am taking it down after about 14 years of service. On one occasion, high winds laid it flat on my roof, but it did not appear to be damaged. If no one is interested in this antenna, I plan to take it apart and throw it away. I could wait to take it down if someone wants it. :-)
Nice antenna. I like to say i dream of owning one. I love to take it off your hands. 200 dollars OK.

Ed.
post #4 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
Nice antenna. I like to say i dream of owning one. I love to take it off your hands. 200 dollars OK.

Ed.
I do not want any money ~ just making it available if someone wants to come and get it. I can take it down, but it would probably be best to be here to disassemble for transport.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 92
That Channel Master 4251 Parascope was one of the best UHF antennas ever made. I would love to have one, but I don't think I could fit it in the attic. Or my car for that matter. But please don't destroy or throw away. I am sure someone here will gladly be happy to make use of it and take it off your hands. It is a collector's item that is no longer manufactured by today's Channel Master company, which outsources to China. One of the all time great antennas.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi Tom, did anyone ever pick up the antenna?
post #7 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
I would be glad to take it off your hands (if Digital Rules doesn't want it, of course). I'm a short drive away in Alexandria.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #8 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Go ahead Trip, I was going to see if my friend in Madison could use it, but don't have a car big enough to transport it. Would hate to see such a great antenna get thrown in the trash!!
post #9 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
Hi Tom, did anyone ever pick up the antenna?
It is still available. I could briefly show you how the antenna performs. While it is a UHF antenna, it pulls in ABC & CBS downtown which converted back to the VHF band a few years ago. The antenna performs best on an old DirecTV HD Receiver LG LSS-3200A, which is very sensitive. It should only take 5 or 10 minutes to get it to the ground. I recommend coming by any morning and we could bring it down together.

Last edited by Tom Harms; 08-11-2014 at 10:48 AM.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I have always wanted that antenna and wished I had bought one back in the 80's when I had a chance. My sister said I could borrow her SUV if it would fit in there. I don't mind a weekend drive to Virginia, about 8 hours or so from Upstate SC. And there is still a Roy Rogers in Springfield I would like to swing by and get a roast beef sandwich. But I don't really have a practical application for such a large antenna right now. Hopefully someone like Trip can make proper use of such an excellent long range antenna.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
...there is still a Roy Rogers in Springfield I would like to swing by and get a roast beef sandwich....
"Real food for real people."

Last I knew, they still had one just south of Springfield in Ft. Belvoir, on U.S. Route 1. They sold off most of their stores in the Washington, DC area to McDonalds a decade or so ago, and McDonalds's took advantage of the better real estate locations they had and demolished and rebuilt them... without real food.

I was surprised to read that even at its zenith, the Roy Rogers chain only had 300 stores. It seemed like more to me because as luck would have it, they were convenient to me both on the Mass Pike and the Jersey Pike.

Roy Rogers is presently committed to expansion, so hopefully neither of us will have to drive as far as we do now to get to their "fixins bar."
post #12 of 13 Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

In its heyday, Roy Rogers had some 650 locations in the Mid Atlantic, Northeast, and Midwest before Marriott sold out to Hardee's and the decline began. They are now expanding again. And there is a location near Springfield Mall, as well as Alexandria, Gaithersburg, and many around Frederick, MD. But back to topic, I certainly hope the CM-4251 antenna finds a good new home. I imagine at the right location, it could pick up DC, Baltimore, Richmond, and possibly even Philly and NYC at times. It is best used for fringe applications, and i wish they would make it again.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
In its heyday, Roy Rogers had some 650 locations in the Mid Atlantic, Northeast, and Midwest before Marriott sold out to Hardee's and the decline began. They are now expanding again. And there is a location near Springfield Mall, as well as Alexandria, Gaithersburg, and many around Frederick, MD. But back to topic, I certainly hope the CM-4251 antenna finds a good new home. I imagine at the right location, it could pick up DC, Baltimore, Richmond, and possibly even Philly and NYC at times. It is best used for fringe applications, and i wish they would make it again.
Looks like Trip is going to rescue the CM-4251. :-)
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page