Canton, oh want WTRF and/or KDKA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Canton, oh want WTRF and/or KDKA

I live here in Perry TWP just south of 30. Has anyone living here been able to get WTRF out of wheeling and/or kdka pittsburgh . I get around 60 channels now including all cleveland, stuebanville, loran, zainsville, and youngstown channels with a 4bay home designed antenna and no rotor or reflector. It does not matter what way I move the antenna I get maxed out when pointing N-NW or S-SE but I would like to recieve one of those two. I know WTRF is VHF. However, If you are, what are you using?

Any hep wuld be appriciated.

thx jobesd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2014, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobesd View Post
I live here in Perry TWP just south of 30. Has anyone living here been able to get WTRF out of wheeling and/or kdka pittsburgh . I get around 60 channels now including all cleveland, stuebanville, loran, zainsville, and youngstown channels with a 4bay home designed antenna and no rotor or reflector. It does not matter what way I move the antenna I get maxed out when pointing N-NW or S-SE but I would like to recieve one of those two. I know WTRF is VHF. However, If you are, what are you using?

Any hep wuld be appriciated.

thx jobesd.
Jobesd,

An unrelated question, but are you getting WJW RF 8 with your 4-bay in Perry Twp?

Since you're pointing down south, are you picking up WTOV RF 9? I suspect KDKA might be very hit or miss since it's likely tropo from our location. I'm on the northern edge of Perry considering cord-cutting.

Both WTRF and WTOV are Hi-VHF, and your antenna setup may make that tough to do since 2- and 4-bays are designed primarily for UHF with maybe a little luck on Hi-VHF.

I remember picking up the Browns games in the 70s out of Stuebenville/Wheeling when they were blacked out here.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page