Indianapolis / Terre Haute / Lafayette, IN - HDTV - Page 240 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes
post #7171 of 7171 Unread Today, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Heller View Post
Hi guys, I've been away for awhile. Just caught up on the last seven months of posts.

I'm wondering whether what I discovered several years back (that TV manufacturers weren't producing sets that accessed the PSIP data required to be in the HD OTA broadcast signal) has changed lately.

Does anyone know of any manufacturer that enables a viewer to bring up the electronic TV guide and use it to review programming that's upcoming - and to 'select' events for the tuner to tune to later in the evening, etc? Or are all the mfrs turning their backs on this feature of HDTV, at the behest of the subscription TV networks?

The reason I ask is that my second DTBH260F Samsung set-top box with PSIP has now bit the dust. I have greatly enjoyed this feature for most of the last decade and place high value on its service. But I'm unsure I'll ever find anything on the market to replace it/them.

Thanks for any info/thoughts/condolences...
Tom,

I haven't checked this site for several weeks, so as a result I just read your post. I understand your dilemma but I don't know how or where to direct you because I have not shopped for any DTV units for a few years.

I do have an extra RCA ATSC11, an HD STB from 2003. It does provide a very nice program guide for the upcoming 12 hours, but that is pretty much the limit as to what it will do. I'd pass it on to you for a few dollars plus shipping charges if you have any interest in it. Send me an IM if you have any questions/interest. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception