Myrtle Beach, SC - HDTV - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #2071 of 2089 Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L View Post
@bdfox18doe Problem seems to be corrected. .
D, Check PM..

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2089 Old 02-14-2016, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 180
What happened to "Young Riders" on 43.3 Saturday night? I missed my triple play of "Young Riders" Saturday night because they did not come on. I felt like crying. I still feel like crying.
post #2073 of 2089 Old 02-15-2016, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
What happened to "Young Riders" on 43.3 Saturday night? I missed my triple play of "Young Riders" Saturday night because they did not come on. I felt like crying. I still feel like crying.
<handing Daryl a tissue> Try to console yourself with the 90-minute vintage Johnny Carson shows on 13.2. They're terrific. Saturday night he did a full 50 minutes with Mel Brooks from 1975. I nearly peed myself. Multiple times.
post #2074 of 2089 Old 02-16-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBot View Post
<handing Daryl a tissue> Try to console yourself with the 90-minute vintage Johnny Carson shows on 13.2. They're terrific. Saturday night he did a full 50 minutes with Mel Brooks from 1975. I nearly peed myself. Multiple times.
Haha, Yes I've caught a few those episodes. There will never be another late-night host that can compare to Johnny Carson. His shows were fantastic. I was lucky enough to catch it a few weeks ago when he had Jonathan Winters and Robin Williams on together. It was a riot.
post #2075 of 2089 Old 02-19-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

All is good in TV land again. Looks like "Young Riders" returns to 43.3 this Saturday night. I guess last Saturday was some kind of Valentines movie event that preempted regular airing. Good to see my show wasn't removed permanently.
post #2076 of 2089 Old 03-06-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

@bdfox18doe

It seems the time transmitted in your PSIP is behind by about 24 to 25 minutes. It throws off the program guide data for all of 43 Fox channel. When a show is about to start at the top of the hour it's still showing the previous programming title and is saying it has around 24 minutes left in that previous program.
post #2077 of 2089 Old 03-30-2016, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

The time is accurate now on WFXB.
post #2078 of 2089 Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Well, they got the time thingy straightened out on WFXB, but now I have a weird problem on 43.2. The reception is "strobing" -- the picture flashes off and on in about 1-second intervals. Been going on for a week or more now. Weird, since all the other subchannels for WFXB are just fine. Since it's the QVC channel, I'm not much bothered by its absence, but every time I cruise by it I stop and marvel for a minute at the strangeness of the flashing.
post #2079 of 2089 Old 04-05-2016, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, they got the time thingy straightened out on WFXB, but now I have a weird problem on 43.2. The reception is "strobing" -- the picture flashes off and on in about 1-second intervals. Been going on for a week or more now. Weird, since all the other subchannels for WFXB are just fine. Since it's the QVC channel, I'm not much bothered by its absence, but every time I cruise by it I stop and marvel for a minute at the strangeness of the flashing.
I never see that channel while scrolling through stations because I don't have it on my favorites list because I never watch QVC. I'm looking at 43.2 and don't see any strobing or flashing off and on effect so maybe they fixed that since you posted.
post #2080 of 2089 Old 04-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I never see that channel while scrolling through stations because I don't have it on my favorites list because I never watch QVC. I'm looking at 43.2 and don't see any strobing or flashing off and on effect so maybe they fixed that since you posted.
Nope, still flashing. Just saw it a couple hours ago.

There's no way it could just be my reception, is there? I'm viewing OTA with a Mohu antenna.
post #2081 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Haha, Yes I've caught a few those episodes. There will never be another late-night host that can compare to Johnny Carson. His shows were fantastic. I was lucky enough to catch it a few weeks ago when he had Jonathan Winters and Robin Williams on together. It was a riot.
Carson was indeed the best. But I got to where I really enjoyed Jay Leno as well and wish they had extended his contract a few more years, as his show was still top rated when he stepped down. I miss his monologue, newspaper headlines, and man on the street interviews. I feel Jimmy Fallon is best with his SNL acts, and have just not adapted to him on the Tonight Show. And I also miss Letterman as the newer guys have yet to grow on me.
post #2082 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nope, still flashing. Just saw it a couple hours ago.

There's no way it could just be my reception, is there? I'm viewing OTA with a Mohu antenna.
After seeing your post today I went and look begin. I watch for about 30 minutes and I never saw any flash. I don't know what it could be.
post #2083 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Carson was indeed the best. But I got to where I really enjoyed Jay Leno as well and wish they had extended his contract a few more years, as his show was still top rated when he stepped down. I miss his monologue, newspaper headlines, and man on the street interviews. I feel Jimmy Fallon is best with his SNL acts, and have just not adapted to him on the Tonight Show. And I also miss Letterman as the newer guys have yet to grow on me.
Yes the current crop of late-night hosts just don't have the right charisma and humor that the people are used to on these late-night shows. Just not the same anymore.
post #2084 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Love Jimmy Fallon - just goes to show personal preference is a poor argument.
post #2085 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Love Jimmy Fallon - just goes to show personal preference is a poor argument.
I like Jimmy Fallon. He's funny. It cracks me up. But there's something Jay Leno, David Letterman and Johnny Carson had this just missing in the current crop of late-night hosts. Probably has something to do with the era they were raised in. The approach things a little differently than today. Look at Dean Martin's roast for example. Look at how they could create so much amazing humor and laughter without it sounding extremely offensive. Today when somebody tries to do something like that is like there comedy is mostly just trying to degrade somebody for a laugh. It's just a different style. I enjoyed Jimmy Fallon's musical performances when he joins in with the group in the back and when he does the lip-synch competition routines guests. Those are funny.
post #2086 of 2089 Old 04-11-2016, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Same response once again - personal preference is always a losing argument. Always.
post #2087 of 2089 Old 04-12-2016, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, to be clear I wasn't arguing about it. Just stating it was a different time things are different.
post #2088 of 2089 Old 04-22-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anybody know if WWMB CW 21.1 is trying to switch to Dolby Digital 5.1? I noticed last night that my receiver was picking up Dolby Digital 5.1 from that station through over the air broadcast and on cable. The audio wasn't correct because sounds were coming from the wrong speakers but my receiver it was receiving a Dolby Digital 3/2/.1 signal from them. I haven't had an opportunity to check today and probably won't be able to until this evening.

I hope they're switching to Dolby Digital 5.1, it's been long enough. It's about time, and should have been done long ago.
post #2089 of 2089 Old 04-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 30
WWMB in Georetown County

We get WWMB (CW) in Georgetown County on TWC 1213 (that is right) but not in HD and it is a horrible picture, almost unwatchable. If you live in Horry you get it on 1212 and HD. I have called WWMB and TWC and no one knows anything! It is frustrating to live just into Georgetown County and get this service plus all our HD stations are from Charleston. That issue may not be able to be dealt with but it would be nice if we could watch a few shows we like on the CW without waiting for on demand to show up. Anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page