Myrtle Beach, SC - HDTV - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #2101 of 2111 Old 09-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well the parts are in but I have not had a chance to install them yet. It's my mom's house in florence and I'm at the beach. Time off and the weather don't seem to be on the same page. Hoping Tuesday or Wednesday I can get everything up and running.

Thanks for everyone's help so far and I'll keep you guys updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2111 Old 10-16-2016, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to ditch cable and install ota antenna in the attic, if reception warrants.

Currently running 5 TV's, so I realize I may have to make a few concessions. Really only looking for major networks, but WBTW - (CBS) is my current favorite for local news, so would definitely like to get that. It's some 51 miles away though.

I am located in the Calabash area of NC and am presently interested in 2 models: Clearstream 4V and Mohu Sky60. I have run the analysis tool for my location and here is the link for that data:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cbb9b3b4ee5b

Hope I did that correct. Any assistance is greatly appreciated and if I am in the wrong area, I apologize and kindly direct me to proper location.

Thanks again
post #2103 of 2111 Old 10-19-2016, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeck View Post
Currently running 5 TV's, so I realize I may have to make a few concessions. Really only looking for major networks, but WBTW - (CBS) is my current favorite for local news, so would definitely like to get that. It's some 51 miles away though.

I am located in the Calabash area of NC and am presently interested in 2 models: Clearstream 4V and Mohu Sky60. I have run the analysis tool for my location and here is the link for that data:

Thanks again
You may or may not realize that CBS is moving from low power WILM to a sub-channel of full-power WWAY on Jan 1. This will get you a stronger CBS signal in Calabash, though you note that WBTW is your local news preference. Just a thought for you, though...

Eric Calhoun

"If it was simple, anyone could do it" - Roy Clark from Hee Haw

post #2104 of 2111 Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I would tend to think the Clearstream 4V would be a better overall antenna than the Mohu Sky60. But I would suggest a professional evaluation of the 2. Or you could check out MCM for a 4bay and a High VHF antenna to combine.
post #2105 of 2111 Old 02-23-2017, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 341
So what's the deal with the new channel relocation I've been hearing about moving everything below 36 that will be happening in the foreseeable future? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LG OLED55E6P UHD TV
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD BD Player
Denon AVR-S710W Atmos AV Receiver
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box
Roku Premium Plus 4k/HDR Streaming Media Box
post #2106 of 2111 Old 06-02-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I noticed yesterday WPDE 15 added TBD channel to 15-4. I checked out the program on their website and I see absolutely nothing that would interest me. It looks like some kind of multicaster YouTube channel. Some people might like that but I think it's a waste bandwidth.

I also noticed WWE MV 21 added "Charge" channel to it's line up on channel 21-4. Looks like it might produce some interesting movies to watch looking at the website.

Anybody notice channel 15's time in their PSIP data has been incorrect for several months? And I'm talking about at least a year. Not sure how to contact anyone there that could do anything about it to let them be aware of it. Is behind by at least 52 minutes.

LG OLED55E6P UHD TV
post #2107 of 2111 Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Is "analog" cable still available in the MB area? I was in Myrtle beach from Thursday of last week to today and stayed in one of the condo complexes up north. The TV lineup appeared to be either analog cable or an head end setup, but the local channels were correctly mapped in clear QAM with all their subchannels. Whoever was there before us had done a channel scan and a ton of other HD channels showed up in clear QAM as well from the 120's and up. Even all the ESPN's, HGTV, History, AMC, A&E, etc were there. I was surprised to see so much "open" still.
post #2108 of 2111 Old 06-06-2017, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Is "analog" cable still available in the MB area? I was in Myrtle beach from Thursday of last week to today and stayed in one of the condo complexes up north. The TV lineup appeared to be either analog cable or an head end setup, but the local channels were correctly mapped in clear QAM with all their subchannels. Whoever was there before us had done a channel scan and a ton of other HD channels showed up in clear QAM as well from the 120's and up. Even all the ESPN's, HGTV, History, AMC, A&E, etc were there. I was surprised to see so much "open" still.
No, analog is gone. Those are just clear to QAM channels but apparently haven't been disabled/disconnected from the condo yet.

It's possible to previous tenants subscribed and either did cancel the service when they left or what they payed for has not ran out yet. This sentence is only a wild guess.

LG OLED55E6P UHD TV
post #2109 of 2111 Old 06-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Spectrum which was Time Warner of course, is still using Analog in the area. Some condos are using HTC though so its not the same. I thought Spectrum would have turn of analog by now but they haven't.
post #2110 of 2111 Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I had no idea anybody anydody was still using analog. I have a Spectrum AKA Time Warner but I'm up here in Pembroke North Carolina and they discontinued analog sometime back.

LG OLED55E6P UHD TV
post #2111 of 2111 Old 07-28-2017, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'll be moving to the Carolina Forest area of MB 8/10 and will be streaming HTC cable using Kodi/Plex and a couple of HdHomerun's.
Having the Bluewave fiber, 200 up 200 down installed also, can someone tell me which brand routers they install?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page