Myrtle Beach, SC - HDTV - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #2101 of 2105 Unread 09-16-2016, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well the parts are in but I have not had a chance to install them yet. It's my mom's house in florence and I'm at the beach. Time off and the weather don't seem to be on the same page. Hoping Tuesday or Wednesday I can get everything up and running.

Thanks for everyone's help so far and I'll keep you guys updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2105 Unread 10-16-2016, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to ditch cable and install ota antenna in the attic, if reception warrants.

Currently running 5 TV's, so I realize I may have to make a few concessions. Really only looking for major networks, but WBTW - (CBS) is my current favorite for local news, so would definitely like to get that. It's some 51 miles away though.

I am located in the Calabash area of NC and am presently interested in 2 models: Clearstream 4V and Mohu Sky60. I have run the analysis tool for my location and here is the link for that data:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cbb9b3b4ee5b

Hope I did that correct. Any assistance is greatly appreciated and if I am in the wrong area, I apologize and kindly direct me to proper location.

Thanks again
post #2103 of 2105 Unread 10-19-2016, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeck View Post
Currently running 5 TV's, so I realize I may have to make a few concessions. Really only looking for major networks, but WBTW - (CBS) is my current favorite for local news, so would definitely like to get that. It's some 51 miles away though.

I am located in the Calabash area of NC and am presently interested in 2 models: Clearstream 4V and Mohu Sky60. I have run the analysis tool for my location and here is the link for that data:

Thanks again
You may or may not realize that CBS is moving from low power WILM to a sub-channel of full-power WWAY on Jan 1. This will get you a stronger CBS signal in Calabash, though you note that WBTW is your local news preference. Just a thought for you, though...

Eric Calhoun

"If it was simple, anyone could do it" - Roy Clark from Hee Haw

post #2104 of 2105 Unread 10-19-2016, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 167
I would tend to think the Clearstream 4V would be a better overall antenna than the Mohu Sky60. But I would suggest a professional evaluation of the 2. Or you could check out MCM for a 4bay and a High VHF antenna to combine.
post #2105 of 2105 Unread Today, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 226
So what's the deal with the new channel relocation I've been hearing about moving everything below 36 that will be happening in the foreseeable future? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LG OLED55E6P UHD TV
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD BD Player
Denon AVR-S710W Atmos AV Receiver
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box
Roku 2 Streaming Media Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception