Forum Jump: 

post #5521 of 5539 Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy bee View Post
Looking to sign up with Comcast for our new house when we move (Cobb). I see they aren't offering the 2-year rate freeze any more (on their website). Any recommendations for an independent Comcast salesperson to sign up for service with? IIRC, the independents usually get you a better deal.
Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5522 of 5539 Old 07-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy bee View Post
Anyone?
see if this will help you:

Clark Howard: Use WhiteFence.com to Find Better Internet & TV Service Deals or for Quotes Negotiating Better Deals, July 2014

http://www.whitefence.com/

You can input your zip code, see all the bundle deals being offered and looks like you can customize.

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.
post #5523 of 5539 Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For the past few days, random programs in the guide have shown as “to be announced.” Does anyone else have this? (North Fulton headend)
Comcast had me do what I already did: check my connections and unplug the box to get the guide to repopulate.
Googling this finds it has happened before in various cities around the nation, but I can’t find a solution. The closest I get seems to be a connection going bad somewhere along the coax/fiber line (and people having Comcast come out up to a half dozen times before giving up). But that doesn’t sound logical to me.
post #5524 of 5539 Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielloeb View Post
For the past few days, random programs in the guide have shown as “to be announced.” Does anyone else have this? (North Fulton headend)
Comcast had me do what I already did: check my connections and unplug the box to get the guide to repopulate.
Googling this finds it has happened before in various cities around the nation, but I can’t find a solution. The closest I get seems to be a connection going bad somewhere along the coax/fiber line (and people having Comcast come out up to a half dozen times before giving up). But that doesn’t sound logical to me.
I suddenly have this problem also. I'm in Kennesaw/Acworth area. Noticed yesterday (Wednesday) lots of programming for Thursday night was saying "To Be Announced". The only way I was able to set a recording for Thursday night was to set the channel and the time manually.

Today (Thursday morning), now lots of programming for tonight still was saying "To Be Announced".

So, I unplugged both the power cord and the cable connector to the HD set top box for 30 seconds. Plugged back in, connected cable back. Now the program grid is slowly repopulating. Right now it's still only showing for the next two hours, but there's no "To Be Announced".

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.
post #5525 of 5539 Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 AM

Update: Everything is fine this morning. Maybe various callers with the same problem prompted Comcast to query their guide vendor, who had a problem.
Also, FYI, my scheduled recordings online were always fine, never showing the same “to be announced” as the on-screen guide and on-screen scheduled recordings. That further makes me think it was a guide vendor problem.
post #5526 of 5539 Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 143
We (zip code 30324) lost our signal last night due to the storms and it's still out now, more than 12 hours later. The Comcast website says that service should be restored by noon today (which I'm taking with a grain of salt).

This is the longest thunderstorm-related outage I can remember.

UPDATE: The outage is apparently due to a lightning strike to equipment in our condominium complex and should not have affected anyone outside our property.

Last edited by chi_guy50; 08-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.
post #5527 of 5539 Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
SEC Network. 300 SD, 792 and 1738 HD, what I read elsewhere for our system.. Could anyone see a total re-ordering of channels soon? . We shall see..

Bad info, I corrected this post.

Last edited by McDonoughDawg; 08-14-2014 at 03:08 PM.
post #5528 of 5539 Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone else noticed the cost of their additional boxes going up? On my August bill I've noticed my second box is now being charged $19.95 rather than $9.95:

"Effective 08/13/14, Additional Outlet at a monthly rate of
$9.95 was removed from your account.
Effective 09/04/14, Additional Outlet Fee at a monthly rate
of $19.95 was added to your account."
post #5529 of 5539 Old 08-14-2014, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post
Has anyone else noticed the cost of their additional boxes going up? On my August bill I've noticed my second box is now being charged $19.95 rather than $9.95:

A new rate schedule went into effective as of August 1, but that doesn't correspond to the dates of the changes to your account and I don't think there were any changes to STB fees.

What type of plan do you subscribe to and what sort of Comcast equipment are you using? Did you make any changes to your account?
post #5530 of 5539 Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 264
There's no freaking way I'm paying $20 a month for A/O. No way.
post #5531 of 5539 Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg View Post
SEC Network. 739 was what I read elsewhere for our system.. Could anyone see a total re-ordering of channels soon? . We shall see..
The SEC Network showed up last night on 300 & 792 here - Vinings headend.

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber, Faber College
post #5532 of 5539 Old 08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by au-734 View Post
The SEC Network showed up last night on 300 & 792 here - Vinings headend.
Correct, i was given bad info, AJC was also incorrect. 1738 Hd is up too...
post #5533 of 5539 Old 08-25-2014, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post

Got a letter sent to us last week letting us know that we'd been "undercharged" an outlet fee. Ridiculous. I have a 6-tuner Ceton CableCard tuner on its way, so I'm taking one of my 2 CableCard and my crappy excuse for a stb back ASAP.
post #5534 of 5539 Old 08-25-2014, 02:29 PM

My issue ended up being the second DVR I was given instead of a remote X1 box several months ago, when I was promised by the tech it would just be billed as a remote box. I'd already had one billing dispute over that and thought it was corrected, but this time the CSR told me it really wouldn't ever be permanently resolved due to ongoing bill audits so I had them come swap in a proper remote box since they had some available now. I was promised the visit would be free but we'll see if it still ends up showing on my next bill
post #5535 of 5539 Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This thread has really died down. What's up with the X1 platform? Are people actually getting those boxes? Stopped by that new Comcast store in Alpharetta and noticed my devices looked ancient compared to what they had on display.
post #5536 of 5539 Old 11-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmo23 View Post
This thread has really died down. What's up with the X1 platform? Are people actually getting those boxes? Stopped by that new Comcast store in Alpharetta and noticed my devices looked ancient compared to what they had on display.
I was at a friend's house and he has X1. The box and software looked much more modern than my old school whole home DVR I have running. I recently worked a 12 month discount renewal deal with Comcast and I'm hesitant to call and rock the boat just to get a new box/software. I'm quietly biding my time until Comcast signs a deal with Apple or MSoft and lets me fully replace my DVR with my AppleTV or my Xbox ONE.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #5537 of 5539 Old 11-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm also on the verge of going with X1. I've got a DCX3400 Anyroom DVR with three extra outlets, and just finished up my promo discount. I worked a deal with no contract, so I can cancel and re-install with X1 or X2 if needed.

I was told a few months ago that this was much easier than trying to get CC to do an upgrade to the new box(es). SO I'm guessing some of the bugs have been worked out on X1/X2?

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
PSN ID: rtart, alt Ginsuyou2
post #5538 of 5539 Old 11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtart View Post
I'm also on the verge of going with X1. I've got a DCX3400 Anyroom DVR with three extra outlets, and just finished up my promo discount. I worked a deal with no contract, so I can cancel and re-install with X1 or X2 if needed.

I was told a few months ago that this was much easier than trying to get CC to do an upgrade to the new box(es). SO I'm guessing some of the bugs have been worked out on X1/X2?
There's always going to be some issue, but I can only hope that they have reduced them. I used to have to reboot my D* box occasionally since it would just stop recording shows for no reason. Reboot, and then it was find again. I'm considering a X1/X2 for the remote viewing options from it like the commercials promise. And they'd never LIE in the advertisements...

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
post #5539 of 5539 Old 11-13-2014, 12:10 PM

Aside from the nationwide outages in the last couple of weeks, I've been pretty happy with X1. I have one DVR and one remote box right now and will probably add one more remote box by the end of the year (and yes, as I predicted in my last post, they did try to bill me for a "free" appointment).
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page