Atlanta, GA - Comcast - Page 188 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5611 of 5612 Old 09-14-2016, 11:22 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Originally Posted by RobertWy View Post
I can't tell whether my X1 boxes are outputting 720p. My TV's say they are displaying 1080p and the picture quality has not changed as far as I can tell.

How can I find out what Comcast is broadcasting?
There isn't a native throughput setting on the X1 so far, so unless you are using a TiVo, for example, you can't tell as far as I know. From what Comcast has told me, all the HD channels will be recoded to 720p@60fps. I sent out a message to the engineers to ask for you. Some information may also be found here. to see if others have mentioned channels.

If you want to output video at 720p, go into the settings (gear icon), then device settings, then video display.

Update: I spoke to the engineer and was told that I am correct in my assessment that there currently is no way to determine on the X1 what resolution the viewed channels is being broadcast in.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or its associated companies.

Last edited by Mike Wolf; 09-14-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #5612 of 5612 Old Today, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 135
WOOOOO!!!!! Got a message yesterday that Netflix was now available as a BETA. Went to Apps on the X1 box and there it was! Logged in and worked like a charm. Finished up Black Mirror Season 2 before the release today of season 3. This will make my wife so happy as she'll be able to access Netflix from any X1 box now rather than have to depend on our XBOX ONEs.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
Sponsored Links
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page