Los Angeles, CA - OTA - Page 322 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #9631 of 9653 Old 01-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I recently cut the Cox cable cord, and have been looking for a good digital HD indoor antenna so that I can just watch the OTA channels, but I'm running out of choices. I've tried several different ones, including ones that have good reviews. With all of them, I can get CBS (2), NBC (4) and KTLA (5). With none of them, except for the Winegard antennas, can I get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13). With the Winegards, I SOMETIMES can get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13) but only like one at a time, depending where I place the antenna around the room. Very sensitive. And on top of that the signal is very weak. Sometimes the I see pictures for a second or two and then the signal breaks apart. Very sad and frustrating.

The indoor HD antennas I've tried:

- RadioShack brand amped
- RCA brand nonAmped
- Winegard FL5500A
- Winegard FL55YR
- Some $90 amped antenna from RCA

I ended up having to return all of them. If any of you guys live in Irvine and use an indoor HD antenna that can pick up all the local OTA channels I've listed above, please share! I'm fine with any style of antenna (flat wave, rabbit ears, etc) as long as it's for indoors.
lnong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9632 of 9653 Old 01-22-2015, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
I recently cut the Cox cable cord, and have been looking for a good digital HD indoor antenna so that I can just watch the OTA channels, but I'm running out of choices. I've tried several different ones, including ones that have good reviews. With all of them, I can get CBS (2), NBC (4) and KTLA (5). With none of them, except for the Winegard antennas, can I get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13). With the Winegards, I SOMETIMES can get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13) but only like one at a time, depending where I place the antenna around the room. Very sensitive. And on top of that the signal is very weak. Sometimes the I see pictures for a second or two and then the signal breaks apart. Very sad and frustrating.

The indoor HD antennas I've tried:

- RadioShack brand amped
- RCA brand nonAmped
- Winegard FL5500A
- Winegard FL55YR
- Some $90 amped antenna from RCA

I ended up having to return all of them. If any of you guys live in Irvine and use an indoor HD antenna that can pick up all the local OTA channels I've listed above, please share! I'm fine with any style of antenna (flat wave, rabbit ears, etc) as long as it's for indoors.
Indoor won't work for that far. Also, did you try using http://www.tvfool.com/ ?
phildaant is online now  
post #9633 of 9653 Old 01-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Indoor won't work for that far. Also, did you try using http://www.tvfool.com/ ?
I just did. Based on the TV signal report, all those channels I listed are in the green area, meaning I should be able to pick them up with an indoor set-top antenna..

Here's the TVFool Report:
lnong is offline  
post #9634 of 9653 Old 01-22-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SledgeHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
I recently cut the Cox cable cord, and have been looking for a good digital HD indoor antenna so that I can just watch the OTA channels, but I'm running out of choices. I've tried several different ones, including ones that have good reviews. With all of them, I can get CBS (2), NBC (4) and KTLA (5). With none of them, except for the Winegard antennas, can I get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13). With the Winegards, I SOMETIMES can get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13) but only like one at a time, depending where I place the antenna around the room. Very sensitive. And on top of that the signal is very weak. Sometimes the I see pictures for a second or two and then the signal breaks apart. Very sad and frustrating.

The indoor HD antennas I've tried:

- RadioShack brand amped
- RCA brand nonAmped
- Winegard FL5500A
- Winegard FL55YR
- Some $90 amped antenna from RCA

I ended up having to return all of them. If any of you guys live in Irvine and use an indoor HD antenna that can pick up all the local OTA channels I've listed above, please share! I'm fine with any style of antenna (flat wave, rabbit ears, etc) as long as it's for indoors.
I live in Irvine and pull all the OTAs. I have a "roof" antenna, but its in my attic. Its not amped, but it is probably like 3' x 2'. I want to say its a channel master... something like this:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...-(CM4221)&c=TV Antennas&sku=

I don't think its that particular model (its a bit smaller), but its the similiar style directional antenna. Its not even mounted on a pole in my attic... just sloppily propped up against a roof rafter in the correct direction and I pull all channels.

Also, I'm using the DirecTV AM21 tuner for OTA and thats known to be a weak tuner.
SledgeHammer is online now  
post #9635 of 9653 Old 01-23-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
holl_ands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
I recently cut the Cox cable cord, and have been looking for a good digital HD indoor antenna so that I can just watch the OTA channels, but I'm running out of choices. I've tried several different ones, including ones that have good reviews. With all of them, I can get CBS (2), NBC (4) and KTLA (5). With none of them, except for the Winegard antennas, can I get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13). With the Winegards, I SOMETIMES can get ABC (7), KCAL (9), FOX (11) and KCOP (13) but only like one at a time, depending where I place the antenna around the room. Very sensitive. And on top of that the signal is very weak. Sometimes the I see pictures for a second or two and then the signal breaks apart. Very sad and frustrating.

The indoor HD antennas I've tried:

- RadioShack brand amped
- RCA brand nonAmped
- Winegard FL5500A
- Winegard FL55YR
- Some $90 amped antenna from RCA

I ended up having to return all of them. If any of you guys live in Irvine and use an indoor HD antenna that can pick up all the local OTA channels I've listed above, please share! I'm fine with any style of antenna (flat wave, rabbit ears, etc) as long as it's for indoors.
The channels you can't receive are in the Hi-VHF Band (REAL Ch7-13) and ALL of the Indoor Antennas you listed are UHF Antennas that are NOT specifically designed for Hi-VHF Band.

BTW: The channel numbers you cite are the VIRTUAL Channel numbers (end in a decimal)...we need to discuss REAL Channel numbers to know what kind of Antenna you need. We ALSO need you to enter you location into www.tvfool.com and copy/paste the Results URL (Webaddress at top of Browser) into a post so we can see what kind of signal strengths you have and can make a determination as to whether your location is even SUITABLE for an Indoor Antenna....

You need an Antenna that is actually DESIGNED for Both UHF and Hi-VHF Band, which in an Indoor Antenna is usually something that includes RABBIT-EARS plus a UHF Antenna.

Fol. thread summarizes various Indoor Antenna Test...some are UHF-ONLY, some are UHF that just HAPPEN to have mediocre Hi-VHF performance and a FEW are specifically designed for UHF and VHF:
I'm still using rabbits ear antenna for my HDTV, need better stronger Antenna signal

IF you can actually receive enough signal strength for an Indoor Antenna, I recommend TRYING Terk HDTVa or Philips PHDTV3 Amplified Silver Sensor...BOTH of which come equipped with Rabbit-Ears and are Directive for more Gain and moderate Multipath signal suppression.....but awaiting those TVFool Results....

Last edited by holl_ands; 01-23-2015 at 04:14 PM.
holl_ands is online now  
post #9636 of 9653 Old 01-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by holl_ands View Post
You need an Antenna that is actually DESIGNED for Both UHF and Hi-VHF Band, which in an Indoor Antenna is usually something that includes RABBIT-EARS plus a UHF Antenna.
You seem to be correct, and thank you. I went back to the Winegard website to browse their indoor HD antennas and found that the "FV-30BB FreeVision Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna" (also sold as FVHD30H) can receive hi-band VHF. I also found that Home Depot sells this one, so I picked on up. True enough, I set it up and I am now able to receive ALL those OTA channels I listed. Great signal for being around 41-42 miles away from the signal towers in LA, and this antenna even says it's only for up to 30 miles from a tower. I am definitely satisfied now.
phildaant likes this.
lnong is offline  
post #9637 of 9653 Old 01-23-2015, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
You seem to be correct, and thank you. I went back to the Winegard website to browse their indoor HD antennas and found that the "FV-30BB FreeVision Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna" (also sold as FVHD30H) can receive hi-band VHF. I also found that Home Depot sells this one, so I picked on up. True enough, I set it up and I am now able to receive ALL those OTA channels I listed. Great signal for being around 41-42 miles away from the signal towers in LA, and this antenna even says it's only for up to 30 miles from a tower. I am definitely satisfied now.
Where did you put it? In the attic?
phildaant is online now  
post #9638 of 9653 Old 01-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Senior Member
 
HoTatII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Los Angeles
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Get ready to laugh as ABC launches a new diginet under the title of "LAFF TV". The diginet will air on KABC 7.2, it is speculated prior to the April 15th launch.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/laff-net...ps-1201352773/
To note;

The PR actually states that LAFF TV will air on the ABC station group's "D3" sub-channels, or KABC 7-3 for the LA market.

7-2 will continue to air the LWN as will all the stations in the group, even though it is technically no longer in syndication.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
phildaant likes this.
HoTatII is offline  
post #9639 of 9653 Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante_101 View Post
Well, its not till April -- maybe they're still in negotiations for shows.
I filled out its e-mail form to ask what it will be showing.
phildaant is online now  
post #9640 of 9653 Old 01-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Where did you put it? In the attic?
No, I put it on a side table in the same room as the TV on the 1st floor. I also had to use a long (25') coaxial cable in order to run the cable neatly and out of view along the wall.
phildaant likes this.
lnong is offline  
post #9641 of 9653 Old 01-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Member
 
fshagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm quite a bit north of most of you ... in Oxnard, closer to Santa Barbara than to Los Angeles. TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15cafa53fa76

I installed a Antenna's Direct C4-CJM 20 inch ClearStream 4 extreme range UHF outdoors, about 30' above ground at the peak of my house and combined it with a home-built directional yagi tuned for and pointed for the Santa Barbara station I wanted, KEYT (ABC) broadcasting on channel 27. At first I was able to pull in KABC (VHF channel 7) and KCAL VHF 9 but now they are absent from the channel scans on my DVR+.

I think I understand why ... the ClearStream 4 isn't providing any VHF channels by design. Antenna's Direct doesn't have a kit or method to add VHF to the ClearStream 4. I'm wondering if it would be possible to use a diplexer intended to add UHF and VHF antennas together (I actually have one from Radio Shack), and combine the two together BEFORE I combine that signal with the directional antenna tuned for channel 27. It would have to either mount to the same outside mount the ClearStream 4 is on or in the attic.
phildaant likes this.
fshagan is online now  
post #9642 of 9653 Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have cut the cable cord and am trying to get OTA channels. I have tried a couple of small TV-top antennas, but haven't been able to pick up hardly anything. I looked a little closer and realized that I can't see Mt. Wilson at my house. There is a mountain ridge between us. I attached a screenshot of TVfool's map view. So does that mean I need to get my antenna up high by installing a pole on the top of my house? I'm just looking for some help figuring out all the equipment I'd have to buy to make it work. Thanks for the help. Here's the link to the tvfool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15e72c520472
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	503849  
grego26 is offline  
post #9643 of 9653 Old 01-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego26 View Post
I have cut the cable cord and am trying to get OTA channels. I have tried a couple of small TV-top antennas, but haven't been able to pick up hardly anything. I looked a little closer and realized that I can't see Mt. Wilson at my house. There is a mountain ridge between us. I attached a screenshot of TVfool's map view. So does that mean I need to get my antenna up high by installing a pole on the top of my house? I'm just looking for some help figuring out all the equipment I'd have to buy to make it work. Thanks for the help. Here's the link to the tvfool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15e72c520472
Which TV-top antennas have you tried? Before you climb up to install an outdoor antenna on your roof, try going to your local Fry's, Radio Shack, BestBuy, or Costco and buying Winegard's FlatWave amplified antenna (you don't seem too far from the tower, so you can try the cheaper non-amped version too). If that doesn't work, go pick up Winegard's FreeVision indoor/outdoor antenna from your local Home Depot (yes, Home depot sells this antenna). I live over 40 miles away, and the FreeVision is the ONLY indoor antenna that can pick up all the local OTA channels for me.
phildaant likes this.
lnong is offline  
post #9644 of 9653 Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HarrisonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego26 View Post
I have cut the cable cord and am trying to get OTA channels. I have tried a couple of small TV-top antennas, but haven't been able to pick up hardly anything. I looked a little closer and realized that I can't see Mt. Wilson at my house. There is a mountain ridge between us. I attached a screenshot of TVfool's map view. So does that mean I need to get my antenna up high by installing a pole on the top of my house? I'm just looking for some help figuring out all the equipment I'd have to buy to make it work. Thanks for the help. Here's the link to the tvfool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15e72c520472
After looking at your TVFool results, I would strongly recommend that you put up a good rooftop antenna, if you can. Based on my own experience, you should then be able to pick up around 100 channels or so (including sub channels). I would expect that you will be able to bring in about the top half of the stations listed reliably. Ideally, you should use separate UHF and VHF antennas.
phildaant likes this.
HarrisonS is offline  
post #9645 of 9653 Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
Which TV-top antennas have you tried?...
I don't know, I just tried a mid-priced antenna I found at Radio Shack. I'll go and try the antennas you suggested tonight to see if I have any luck with them. That would be much easier if it works.
grego26 is offline  
post #9646 of 9653 Old 01-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonS View Post
After looking at your TVFool results, I would strongly recommend that you put up a good rooftop antenna, if you can.
What is a good rooftop antenna? With all the towers so close, I didn't think I'd need a big antenna. But at the same time, I don't know what the repercussions are if I don't have line-of-sight.
grego26 is offline  
post #9647 of 9653 Old 01-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego26 View Post
I don't know, I just tried a mid-priced antenna I found at Radio Shack. I'll go and try the antennas you suggested tonight to see if I have any luck with them. That would be much easier if it works.
I went and picked up the Winegard Freevision antenna and hooked it up. I got a few channels (Ion, Telemundo, LA 18), but none of the major networks. I tried it near the window and on the porch. I'll try to put it up on my roof this weekend, but it's looking like I'm going to need to get it high.
phildaant likes this.
grego26 is offline  
post #9648 of 9653 Old 01-28-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HarrisonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego26 View Post
I went and picked up the Winegard Freevision antenna and hooked it up. I got a few channels (Ion, Telemundo, LA 18), but none of the major networks. I tried it near the window and on the porch. I'll try to put it up on my roof this weekend, but it's looking like I'm going to need to get it high.
Here I am using s separate antennas for UHF and VHF. More specifically I am using the Winegard YA-1713 hi-band VHF antenna which gives very solid reception on channels 7,9 11 and 13. It is specialized to cover only this range and I highly recommend it. As for UHF, I have been working with two different antennas; one of these is a Winegard array, and the other is a very old Radio Shack high gain UHF antenna (model number unknown). Both give passable performance, but I am thinking of getting something different for UHF.

Even though you are quite close to the transmitters, you probably will be best off by using antennas designed for long range reception because, (1) so many of the stations are weaker due to being blocked, and (2) you may be getting significant back scatter, or multipath, and the high gain antennas will be better at discriminating against this.
phildaant likes this.
HarrisonS is offline  
post #9649 of 9653 Old 01-29-2015, 12:52 AM
Member
 
lnong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego26 View Post
I went and picked up the Winegard Freevision antenna and hooked it up. I got a few channels (Ion, Telemundo, LA 18), but none of the major networks. I tried it near the window and on the porch. I'll try to put it up on my roof this weekend, but it's looking like I'm going to need to get it high.
Did u try different locations in the room and also pointing at different angles? For the freevision I have in the living room downstairs, it's pointed northwest, which I believe is directly at the towers in LA. I also have a freevision in my bedroom upstairs, but it had to be pointing directly in the west direction to pick up all the channels. Not sure why - maybe because there are more obstructions and the signal is reflecting off them in slightly different directions. I suggest playing a bit more with positioning. Took me a full half hour of walking around the rooms to find the ideal location.
phildaant likes this.
lnong is offline  
post #9650 of 9653 Old 01-29-2015, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnong View Post
Did u try different locations in the room and also pointing at different angles? For the freevision I have in the living room downstairs, it's pointed northwest, which I believe is directly at the towers in LA. I also have a freevision in my bedroom upstairs, but it had to be pointing directly in the west direction to pick up all the channels. Not sure why - maybe because there are more obstructions and the signal is reflecting off them in slightly different directions. I suggest playing a bit more with positioning. Took me a full half hour of walking around the rooms to find the ideal location.
Also, try both outside and indoor.
phildaant is online now  
post #9651 of 9653 Unread Today, 10:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweimer View Post
Gary,<br><br>
Hi. Welcome to the world of OTA DTV reception in south Orange County. The one thing you can count on in this area is that everybody's situation is different. I am in a<br>
small valley with nearby hills all around in Mission Viejo,<br>
about 55 miles from Mount Wilson. I am able to get all the LA stations with varying signal strengths using a combination of 2 small indoor yagi antennas (Silver Sensor).<br>
One is actually mounted outside and uses a pre-amp. The other is indoors pointed out an upstairs window. I am able<br>
to get KCBS most reliably with the indoor antenna at 93-100<br>
signal strength on the Hughes E86 receiver. I get channels 5,11,13 from indoors as well. The other stations I get from<br>
the outdoor combo. A group of other HDTV enthusiasts from the area have been getting together to share experiences and<br>
work on each individuals reception issues. Send me a PM if you want some more information.<br><br>
Bruce
I read your forum post about HDTV enthusiasts in the area and was wondering if they could help me.
I am in Lake Forest, CA. I am getting most of my channels fine except for NBC where I am still getting some pixelation. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
I have an outdoor antenna, Winegard HD7697P and a Channel Master Titan2 CM-7777 preamp.

Thanks
Robin2015 is offline  
post #9652 of 9653 Unread Today, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
retiredengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2015 View Post
I read your forum post about HDTV enthusiasts in the area and was wondering if they could help me.
I am in Lake Forest, CA. I am getting most of my channels fine except for NBC where I am still getting some pixelation. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
I have an outdoor antenna, Winegard HD7697P and a Channel Master Titan2 CM-7777 preamp. Thanks
You are getting multipath interference which affects NBC. The only practical suggestion that can be made is to rotate slightly your HD7697P to different angles to see if the pixelation goes away without affecting your other stations.
retiredengineer is offline  
post #9653 of 9653 Unread Today, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2015 View Post
I read your forum post about HDTV enthusiasts in the area and was wondering if they could help me.
I am in Lake Forest, CA. I am getting most of my channels fine except for NBC where I am still getting some pixelation. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
I have an outdoor antenna, Winegard HD7697P and a Channel Master Titan2 CM-7777 preamp.

Thanks
What's your signal strength for KNBC?
phildaant is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off