Champaign, IL - HDTV - Page 166 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4951 of 4962 Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I believe it IS; I noticed late last week, that one of daytime shows I record from WRSP on DISH, had a "sorry this station is not available..." slide up for the entire run.
Then, on last nights WICS news, they ran a ticker on the bottom apologizing for WRSP being out of service for DirecTV AND DISH subs, & that techs were working on the problem.
Since it IS back on the air on DISH, maybe they are at reduced power, or something like that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4962 Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The WRSP klystron tube went out on Wednesday 3/26/2014 and they did not have a spare so they were off the air. They came back on at some point Sunday night 3/30/2014 or Monday morning at reduced power.
post #4953 of 4962 Old 04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Huge sigh of relief. *Thanks*.

username should now be "ThumperYZ69"
post #4954 of 4962 Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 AM

Could this be a harbinger of what might happen soon with WICS-20.2 here in Springfield? From the St. Louis thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linxs View Post

It looks like 30-3 is going away. There running a crawl right now saying that ZUUS Country no longer airs on the channel and to download an app. Any idea what there replacing it with?

As of this afternoon, 20.2 still exists--but who knows how much longer?
post #4955 of 4962 Old 05-11-2014, 12:40 PM

I suppose that could be a good thing for those of us in the Champaign half of the market. Hear me out! Sinclair hasn't bothered to put anything in to fill in the schedule hole they created when they pulled off TheCoolTV. I suspect that it's just because it's little old us over here. Half of a market, not really worth jumping through hoops to find content for. If Sinclair is removing ZUUS Country, then that raises the chance that they'll put something up on 15.2, when they get around to adding a new subchannel. (After all, it took them some time to add one after The Tube shut down. PS If anyone from Sinclair with any authority reads this, I've got some advice: Don't bother with music subchannels! You've been burned thrice. You'd be better off just putting up something like AntennaTV or even Bounce.)

Now with 100% more Amateur Extra Class privileges!
post #4956 of 4962 Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Ugg...I cut the cord almost 4 years ago and my OTA has been very good. Lately 23.1/23.2 has been no signal a lot but now 49.1/49.2 is showing no signal???

Is it just me or others seeing this issue also???

Thanks

username should now be "ThumperYZ69"
post #4957 of 4962 Old 05-17-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Probably either tree growth or water infiltration into your cabling or corrosion somewhere.
post #4958 of 4962 Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 PM

Liked: 11
Did the WILL public TV bug just get super-sized and bolder? It is really bad. I have noticed over the past few years that during the overnight hours the bug was bolder but this is ridiculous.

I much prefer the WTVP (Peoria) approach to doing something a couple times an hour (even when it is in color and obnoxious).
post #4959 of 4962 Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen View Post

Did the WILL public TV bug just get super-sized and bolder? It is really bad.

Yea, you're right - I thought it was my imagination! I usually tried to always record stuff from WILL (instead of WSEC or WEIU) as they (used to) had the least obtrusive bug - guess that idea went all to hell now! mad.gif
post #4960 of 4962 Old 06-01-2014, 04:24 PM

I currently have the Digital Economy package with Comcast here in Springfield, and I have noticed since Memorial Day that Daystar (channel 276) must apparently now be on this package (it always used to be available only with at least Digital Starter).
post #4961 of 4962 Old 06-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromSpfdIL View Post
I currently have the Digital Economy package with Comcast here in Springfield, and I have noticed since Memorial Day that Daystar (channel 276) must apparently now be on this package (it always used to be available only with at least Digital Starter).
Another Digital Economy update in Springfield that I noticed a short time ago, but not a big loss IMO: TVG (formerly TV Guide channel) on Comcast channel 16 is no longer part of that package (I presume it's now just for Digital Starter and up).

In addition, there have been reports in the past month in other Comcast markets that The Weather Channel's local Weatherscan station (which is on Comcast channel 17 locally) has been dropped on their local systems. There's a whole thread about this on the Comcast message boards (programming board):

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channel...y/td-p/2171670
post #4962 of 4962 Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Here in Springfield, I have noticed in the last few days that you can actually tune to Channel 1000 on Comcast. Even with my cable box being an older Motorola JD4032. But all you get is the "To Be Announced" guide listing and the "One Moment Please: This channel should be available shortly" notice (with reference code S0a00). I only have Digital Economy at this time however--and no HD. But assuming that the Springfield-Decatur Comcast system will not be one of those systems spun off to the likes of Charter, Mediacom, etc. after the CC-Time Warner deal and that we will stay with CC, could Springfield CC customers be the next to start noticing the HD channels being moved to channels 1000+ as has already occurred in other markets, and the first steps to a standardized national cable lineup (outside of channels 2-99)? (I haven't been able to tune other channels above 1000, however, so this could be a test channel).

No mention of realignments to the HD channels, or any channels being moved above 1000, was listed in the latest channel guide which came with our recent bill (I got mine on Thursday)--but it seems like within a month of an updated guide part of it gets quickly out of date as at least one channel gets moved to either a new channel number, changes package availability, etc.

Also, any thoughts from other Springfield posters about the city's latest short-term contract with Comcast--with the ordinance providing for the contract including a directive to City Water, Light and Power to look into the feasibility of offering cable/broadband/Wifi in the city? From the SJ-R's July 2 paper:

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20140701...888/10512/NEWS
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page