Forum Jump: 
post #4981 of 4983 Old 01-18-2015, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromSpfdIL View Post
I just spotted 20-3 with GritTV. Not sure if WICS added this subchannel on New Year's Day, but today was the first time I noticed it. At least for the time being, 20-2 is still active with ZUUS Country. I don't see Grit on Comcast yet.
Today's State Journal-Register out of Springfield reports in their Business section that Comcast will be adding Grit on channel 420 on our local system later this month.

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20150117...INESS/?Start=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 4983 Old 01-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was recently given a pocket analog TV. Of course, with full power analog stations no longer being on the air and not having the proper connectors, I had no way of knowing that the TV actually worked, just my suspicion that it did. Anyway, I had to go to Champaign proper earlier today and decided that it would be a great idea to go on an analog LPTV DXpedition. In particular, I was hoping to determine whether I would be able to tune in WBXC-CA, a supposed America One affiliate licensed to Champaign. No, I was not able to tune it in (their filings with the FCC indicate a history of being off the air at various times, plus they have a CP for a digital station), but I did manage to find an analog HSN station in Champaign. Top of the hour conditions were horrible, though, so I couldn't see if the station ID'd, plus, the TV has an annoying quirk: it's impossible to tell what channel you're actually on, you can only guestimate based on the scale at the bottom of the screen. This HSN station appeared to be located around channels 30-40. However, I can't seem to find any record of a HSN station in the Champaign area in the first place. So, anyway, the analog TV does indeed work. I may try to do some analog Es DXing this summer on it.

Can we get someone in Champaign proper to try to tune in WBXC-CA, either in analog or digital? I, for one, would really like to know what's on it. I suppose it's quite possible that it is the HSN station I tuned in. The low power TBN station shut down, leaving only one or two low power analog stations left in Champaign.

Edit: Further research indicates that it was most likely W39BH. Which means that the TBN station didn't so much shut down as it did change hands and become an HSN affiliate AFTER the analog shutdown. (I definitely tuned them in once as a TBN station post shutdown.)

Last edited by kc9hzn; 01-20-2015 at 01:12 PM.
post #4983 of 4983 Unread Today, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pleasantly surprised to see that WRSP-55 & WBUI-23 are now broadcasting syndicated HD prog, in actual HD now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page