Champaign, IL - HDTV - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5011 of 5014 Unread 08-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Has WAND changed their lineup, and is 17-2 now in HD? 720p or 1080i? What's the programming now on 17-2 and 17-3?
Yes, I actually discovered something "funny" when I rescanned a digital OTA converter box last weekend...& it found a 17.3. Unfortunately, since it was obviously being used on an SDTV, I couldn't tell the diff...& the converter box doesn't tell me the resolution. Our local paper had a brief mention of 17.2 now being in HD in last Sunday's paper, since now the Cubs games that WAND sometimes puts on 17.2, will now (also) be in HD, like their counterparts Cubs games on WCIX-49 HD. (Unfortunately, Comcast here only has the SD feed of 17.3 on their systems here...)

Anyway to your question, now that I finally got around to rescanning one of my HDTV's...17.2 is now 1080i & is still COZI TV, with some Cubs games from WGN-Chicago; 17.3 is a 480i copy of 17.2 (17.1 is still 1080i) Luckily WAND is NOT doing "stretch-o-vision" on COZI to celebrate being in HD; unfortunately, the picture on 17.3 is tall & skinny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedon View Post
The Cubs have a new broadcasting contract with WLS-TV. Are those the games that WCIX is carrying? How are the announcers and the camerawork?
They are, but I don't watch them all that much to have an opinion on the announcers/camerawork
The WGN (& a couple from WPWR-50) games are mostly on WBUI-23.1, with others either on WAND-17.1 or .2

Last edited by dishrich; 08-08-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5012 of 5014 Unread 08-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm a little annoyed that 17.3 is an SD version of 17.2. I thought we were done with that years ago!
post #5013 of 5014 Unread 08-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'm thinking they did that because (most) local cable co. are all currently offering it in SD (only), & they have to redo carriage agreements to get it upgraded to HD - but I TOTALLY agree with you, that what a waste of bandwidth.

Keep in mind that I believe Comcast is the ONLY cable co around here, that's actually carrying WCIX-49 in HD as well...& only because they already had the (HD) channel space allocated for it years ago. Neither sat provider, nor U-verse has it in HD yet, either.
post #5014 of 5014 Unread Today, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
attn: WCIAChief

Hi,
Can you please explain the difficulties in tonight's Cubs game on WCIX?
Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception