Champaign, IL - HDTV - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5041 of 5051 Old 12-24-2015, 03:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
According to my info, still no Antenna on WCCU.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5051 Old 12-24-2015, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc9hzn View Post
The last I checked, Antenna wasn't yet up on 27.3. That's been about a week or so, though, so it may be up now.
Antenna (55.3) is also still not available for Comcast subscribers yet either, at least here in Springfield--unless I haven't stumbled across it yet in the digital hinterlands.
post #5043 of 5051 Old 12-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
According to my info, still no Antenna on WCCU
I'm wondering if they are still "testing" this thing out, because unfortunately, it appears they have never notified Tribune Media Services of this addition, since there is NO guide data for this (new) subchannel yet...which means there is also NO guide data for my Tivo to work with!
Luckily, I can at least look at the guide data on 59.2 out of Peoria, that does come thru on my Tivo...but then I have to set all manual recordings on 55.3.

They did officially say Ant TV was coming 1/1/16, so maybe they're waiting until then to finish things up...I tried calling the prog director at WRSP (WICS) but didn't get a return call.
post #5044 of 5051 Old 12-27-2015, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone on this board who lives in the Springfield area still get the Sunday State Journal-Register home delivered? (Right now I'm only an E-edition user--I used to get home delivery before my local carrier's route became so unreliable and the paper almost NEVER came before leaving for work at 7:30--and even with the press plant's move to Peoria it was still supposed to be delivered as promised by 6AM barring weather or emergencies). If so, what's your opinion on their new "TV Times" magazine, which debuted locally 2 weeks ago to only home delivery subscribers (but not included in papers sold in stores, gas stations, etc.)?

Listings-wise, how superior of a product (other than having at least 100 channels, primarily cable) is it compared to their old Sunday insert. (IMO it had seen better days and far better for the area than the old TVG Eastern IL edition locally, as the SJR TV insert once also included Peoria and Quincy station listings, and maybe 13 in Mt. Vernon for a time during their WCEE-TV days, in addition to S/D/C and St. Louis. And in their evening grids for a short time in the early 2000s they actually carried KTVO-3 Kirksville, MO, almost 15 years after their Colony, MO 2000-foot tower collapse which might have even given the western fringes of the SJR area their only chance of seeing the station regularly amid WCIA and tropo interference!).

The SJ-R's fellow publication in Peoria, the Journal Star, switched to the TV Times format today, so last weekend was the end of at least a 60-year tradition of a TV insert being included in the Saturday paper.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20151226/...s-new-tv-times

Last edited by TimfromSpfdIL; 12-27-2015 at 11:41 AM.
post #5045 of 5051 Old 12-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Paper-listings...who uses those anymore??? EPG listings are going to be more updated (with last-min schedule changes) than any paper listing would be. And, unless you're a non-DVR OTA-only viewer, you always have an updated EPG at your fingertips...& even at that, most stations provide a basic EPG that goes out at least a day or so, which most HDTV's & analog converter boxes offer.
And the thing about this "improved TV-guide"...they also increased the cost of the Sunday papers to cover it (they DID state this when they introduced the new guide) - frankly IMHO it's BS; why should everyone pay for something SO outdated, just so a tiny minority don't have to move into this century.

If you are a Comcast sub, you have listings at your fingertips on ALL Comcast boxes, now that the DTA's have an EPG.
Of course, all satellite & U-verse subs have EPG's on ALL boxes.
If you have any type of OTA-only DVR, you'll have an EPG there as well.

Oh BTW, WRSP finally came through with an EPG on Antenna TV...all set now to prog my Tivo for the Johnny Carson reruns starting this Friday.
(and no Tim, it's NOT up on Comcast yet...)

Last edited by dishrich; 12-27-2015 at 12:06 PM.
post #5046 of 5051 Old 12-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nor is it on 27.3 yet, as of today. Gocom needs to get their act together.
post #5047 of 5051 Old 01-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've been wondering about the availability of Antenna TV channel. According to the Antenna TV website, the channel is available over the air on 27/55, and TBD on Comcast. Is the channel not yet available over the air? I hope it will be available soon on Comcast. I am excited about seeing the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
post #5048 of 5051 Old 01-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Milton View Post
I've been wondering about the availability of Antenna TV channel. According to the Antenna TV website, the channel is available over the air on 27/55, and TBD on Comcast. Is the channel not yet available over the air? I hope it will be available soon on Comcast. I am excited about seeing the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
Well according to promos I just saw this weekend on (either) WRSP or WICS, they specifically said "on 55.3" ONLY...agree it makes NO sense why it wouldn't be on 27.3 by now...obviously I have no way of checking WCCU's OTA signal here.
post #5049 of 5051 Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
55.3 is live with Antenna TV using OTA. Windows Media Center has no guide data for it. I just verified it is showing Family Ties right now.

username should now be "ThumperYZ69"
post #5050 of 5051 Old 01-16-2016, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been busy with school work, so I haven't had the chance to check recently.

Edit: Still no AntennaTV on 27.3 as of yesterday (1-21). Yesterday at around 5 PM, WAND (RF-17) and WBUI came in. Has WAND recently increased their power output or something? I've been seeing a lot more of them lately than I used to. That said, there was clearly some signal enhancement going on, since WBUI came in and I got a partial decode on RF-39, probably WAWV.

Last edited by kc9hzn; 01-22-2016 at 08:13 PM.
post #5051 of 5051 Old Today, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I emailed the chief engineer for WRSP/WCCU today asking why Antenna TV was only on WRSP.

Quote:
Antenna TV was not originally supposed to launch on WCCU. However, our corporate office has changed that and we do plan to launch it in the next few weeks. You might want to check with Mediacom on how quickly they plan to clear the channel once we launch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception