Rockford, IL - HDTV - Page 13 - AVS Forum
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
Local HDTV Info and Reception > Rockford, IL - HDTV
sebenste's Avatar sebenste 04:04 PM 09-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgags6 View Post

So I went up and decided to try to get the madison's again. Well this time it worked better than last time. I acually got Fox ABC PBS and CW, i also got NBC but it kept going in and out, which sucks. I wonder why i didnt get CBS. Since I didnt want to loose NBC and CBS i put it back. I guess i will try and get a pre amp.

NBC is only at 56 kw, and because of their channel choice, they can't go any higher. CBS might be because of interference with channel 50 in Chicago.
I betcha if you get that preamp, you're going to be amazed at what you get!

jgags6's Avatar jgags6 04:35 PM 09-15-2006
Okay I just figure out that I have a Winegard 7084 antenna. Now what would be the pre-amp you guys would recomend to go with that.
sebenste's Avatar sebenste 06:03 PM 09-15-2006
Quote:

Okay I just figure out that I have a Winegard 7084 antenna. Now what would be the pre-amp you guys would recomend to go with that.

Nice antenna. No change in thinking; this Winegard preamp will serve you well.

http://www.warrenelectronics.com/antennas/AP8700.htm

In fact, here is a picture of your antenna with a model similar to the AP8700
that this person mounted on the mast.

http://www.tvantenna.com/products/tv...rs/preamp.html
Jeff Whitford's Avatar Jeff Whitford 06:06 PM 09-15-2006
If you want the weather map its on 15.2 from Madison.
Jason Nipp's Avatar Jason Nipp 09:51 PM 09-15-2006
WQAD out of Moline runs a Doppler feed on 8.3 as well.
jgags6's Avatar jgags6 10:11 PM 09-15-2006
Do you think there is any chance of getting Chicago's locals from Rockton?
Jason Nipp's Avatar Jason Nipp 07:38 AM 09-16-2006
I'm in Caledonia. Your a bit further out....not sure.
sebenste's Avatar sebenste 09:37 AM 09-16-2006
Jeff and Jason,

Wish I could get those. But at 56 kw, 15.2 is too weak to pick up from DeKalb (19 from Chicago, WGN-DT also stomps on it here, even with a CM 4228 antenna),
and 8.3 is blocked by a large ridge to my west which runs north-south through far eastern Ogle and Lee counties. How about it 39-2?

Jgags,

If you want a better shot, you could try the Winegard AP-8275 amp. That really
cranks up the gain, also available from Warren. But, you then risk overloading on the Rockford stations, causing you to not get them anymore.

Once you are over the 60 mile Chicago broadcast reception line-of-sight horizon, all bets are off. If you are on a hill or high area, you have a shot. Way earlier in this thread, people have talked about how they could solidly lock WTTW-DT in Rockford from State street near Rockford College, but that was with the largest Winegard antenna, twice the size of yours...and outside, with a preamplifier.
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 09:43 PM 09-16-2006
Quote:

Do you think there is any chance of getting Chicago's locals from Rockton?

Doubtful. Rockton is pretty low. When I worked at WTVO we could only do live shots from several points in town. You could try but don't be dissapointed if it doesnt work. You'd be better trying madison.
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 09:45 PM 09-16-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebenste View Post

Jeff and Jason,

Wish I could get those. But at 56 kw, 15.2 is too weak to pick up from DeKalb (19 from Chicago, WGN-DT also stomps on it here, even with a CM 4228 antenna),
and 8.3 is blocked by a large ridge to my west which runs north-south through far eastern Ogle and Lee counties. How about it 39-2?

Jgags,

If you want a better shot, you could try the Winegard AP-8275 amp. That really
cranks up the gain, also available from Warren. But, you then risk overloading on the Rockford stations, causing you to not get them anymore.

Once you are over the 60 mile Chicago broadcast reception line-of-sight horizon, all bets are off. If you are on a hill or high area, you have a shot. Way earlier in this thread, people have talked about how they could solidly lock WTTW-DT in Rockford from State street near Rockford College, but that was with the largest Winegard antenna, twice the size of yours...and outside, with a preamplifier.

Insight Com. locks WTTW from Loves park but thats with a 200'+ tower and the picture ain't all that great.
jgags6's Avatar jgags6 08:12 AM 09-17-2006
Alright, looks like i will just go for Madison. Is there any place to get the pre-amp here in Rockford. I hate waiting for things when I order them online.
Jeff Whitford's Avatar Jeff Whitford 09:44 AM 09-17-2006
Bock or Jaytronics
Jason Nipp's Avatar Jason Nipp 02:25 PM 09-17-2006
I'm doing pretty good this weekend.

I turned my antenna's azimuth about 20 degrees further north.

I picked up a few more stations, although my receiver will not translate the guide info. Most likely cause I don't get those channels through satellite, so it doesn't have the EPG info to populate the fields.

The one thing I don't understand is, even though the sat receiver provided the guide data, it still uses PSIP to indentify the station. The problem I don't understand is on channel 35.1, the channel does not indent, but the rest of the 35 subs do. Weird.

Here some pics, sorry about the CRT in these pics.
LL
LL
LL
Jason Nipp's Avatar Jason Nipp 02:27 PM 09-17-2006
Two more.
LL
LL
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 03:32 PM 09-17-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Whitford View Post

Bock or Jaytronics

Jaytronics is a great store. Used to do tons of business with them.
Jason Nipp's Avatar Jason Nipp 11:10 AM 09-20-2006
bump. close to falling off.
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 12:01 PM 09-20-2006
a
a
a
a
h
h
h
!
jgags6's Avatar jgags6 02:54 PM 09-22-2006
So i got the pre amp, Installed it, but i still cannot get CBS. I get all of the others. This is really disapointing, i thought for sure that this would work. Any pointers?
johnnykretentiv's Avatar johnnykretentiv 04:09 PM 09-22-2006
Is there I reason I am not getting FOX? I get other channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW?) at 90+%. I actually get a 75-80% signal from Fox but no pic. Probably obvious but could some one please help me out.

BTW - just using a litte RCA indoor antenna.
jgags6's Avatar jgags6 04:19 PM 09-22-2006
WQRF isnt up to full power, im also in rockton and i have an antenna on my roof and i never get fox. I was told today that WQRF is going to broadcast HD starting sunday, but that doesnt nessararaly mean that they will push it up to full power
Jeff Whitford's Avatar Jeff Whitford 08:17 PM 09-22-2006
3.1 is the weekest Madison channel I get. I have to pretty much point my antennas due north to get it. I dont really need it because 23.1 has everything I want. Until/if the Packers and the Bears play at the same time on CBS which I dont think happens.
johnnykretentiv's Avatar johnnykretentiv 08:30 PM 09-22-2006
Got 3.1 for a couple days. Nothing lately though.

Thanks jgags6 I 'll wait patiently
sebenste's Avatar sebenste 12:56 AM 09-23-2006
Quote:

So i got the pre amp, Installed it, but i still cannot get CBS. I get all of the others. This is really disapointing, i thought for sure that this would work. Any pointers?

Punch in channel 41-1. See if you can get it directly. Do you have a signal strength meter, and if so, what does it say? How does analog 23 come in, any way you can check?
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 05:27 PM 09-23-2006
Quote:

WQRF isnt up to full power, im also in rockton and i have an antenna on my roof and i never get fox. I was told today that WQRF is going to broadcast HD starting sunday, but that doesnt nessararaly mean that they will push it up to full power

They're not ready for full power yet. That involves some construction work still yet to come.
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 05:29 PM 09-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykretentiv View Post

Is there I reason I am not getting FOX? I get other channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW?) at 90+%. I actually get a 75-80% signal from Fox but no pic. Probably obvious but could some one please help me out.

BTW - just using a litte RCA indoor antenna.

WQRF-DT is strong to the south and east. Where are you located?
jgags6's Avatar jgags6 05:35 PM 09-23-2006
so what are the odds that WQRF will be broadcasting the game in HD tomorrow?
Rammitinski's Avatar Rammitinski 05:37 PM 09-23-2006
Not sure where they're transmitting from, but I believe that their signal emanates from the lowest point of all the digital channels.
johnnykretentiv's Avatar johnnykretentiv 07:11 PM 09-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post

WQRF-DT is strong to the south and east. Where are you located?

Rockton
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 07:47 AM 09-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

Not sure where they're transmitting from, but I believe that their signal emanates from the lowest point of all the digital channels.

WTVO's tower most of the way up.
hvs10trk's Avatar hvs10trk 07:52 AM 09-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykretentiv View Post

Rockton

You should be able to receive them. Hopefully you're not right up by the river. Otherwise you should see them. Heck I could get a live shot from Old Settler's day from the bank!!
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop