Rockford, IL - HDTV - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1189 Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TVCHIEF,

I notice this morning that I can't get 39-DT anymore and still out at this time . I hope it not major breakdown . I also notice there was no programing info in the guide/ channel information last night when full power was on also notice there was no CC.

-Willie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1189 Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieAntenna View Post

TVCHIEF,

I notice this morning that I can't get 39-DT anymore and still out at this time . I hope it not major breakdown . I also notice there was no programing info in the guide/ channel information last night when full power was on also notice there was no CC.

-Willie

Equipment gremlins. They hopefully should be back tonight.

"Celebrating 15 years of searching for new and inovative ways to completely screw up television"

Disclaimer: My opinions are mine and do not represent those of my employer
post #723 of 1189 Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM

We are back up now. Hopefully thats the last of the gremlins in the new equipment.
post #724 of 1189 Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 PM

I hope that last of the gremlins too all should be out by the time Packers play again OOPPS I bet the engineers going to turn the power down when the Packers play, so I can't watch them.

But well done to team of engineers to get it up and running quickly.

-Willie
post #725 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hope that last of the gremlins too all should be out by the time Packers play again OOPPS I bet the engineers going to turn the power down when the Packers play, so I can't watch them.

But well done to team of engineers to get it up and running quickly.

-Willie

They have a rotation control for their antenna. When the packers play they can rotate the signal away from Wisconsin.

"Celebrating 15 years of searching for new and inovative ways to completely screw up television"

post #726 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post

They have a rotation control for their antenna. When the packers play they can rotate the signal away from Wisconsin.

LOL! I suppose they have a power beam antenna with boosted power pointed to Wisconsin to override all control of TV to force us to watch the Bears

-Willie
post #727 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 07:21 AM

Your lucky the boss is a Packers fan and lives up your way. And when I say fan I mean I think hes painted green and gold under his Packers Jersey I am sure he wears under his suit every day. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.
post #728 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVChief View Post

Your lucky the boss is a Packers fan and lives up your way. And when I say fan I mean I think hes painted green and gold under his Packers Jersey I am sure he wears under his suit every day. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

post #729 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Well that good So anytime I don't get a good signal during the Packer games. So I can just call your boss up LOL !

So far the signal is great !

-Willie
post #730 of 1189 Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 PM

Just FYI,

With Insight Basic in Rockford (non-digitial), I'm picking up with the QAM tuner (Vizio, p50hdtv10a):

RF69-3 FOXHD (WQRF)
RF70-100 No Signal
RF74-7 PBSHD (WPT)
RF81-1 Insight Digital? (It says they're seeking sales reps?)
RF86-31 NBCHD (WREX)
RF86-32 ABCHD (WTVO)
RF87-1 CBSHD (WIFR)
RF87-2 Weather (WIFR)

-Carter
post #731 of 1189 Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsiegf View Post

Just FYI,

With Insight Basic in Rockford (non-digitial), I'm picking up with the QAM tuner (Vizio, p50hdtv10a):

RF69-3 FOXHD (WQRF)
RF70-100 No Signal
RF74-7 PBSHD (WPT)
RF86-31 NBCHD (WREX)
RF86-32 ABCHD (WTVO)
RF87-1 CBSHD (WIFR)
RF87-2 Weather (WIFR)

-Carter

If you are getting ABCHD you should be getting our second channel on 17.2 MyNetworkTV.
post #732 of 1189 Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
There is a possibility that it's just not picking it up. Some QAM tuners can be funny that way. The ones in Panasonic plasmas are famous for this.

I always hear good things about Vizio's tuners, but I'm not sure if people are just referring to anything more than their picture quality and sensitivity.

I'd keep trying, though. Maybe someone else here with Insight and a QAM tuner can chime in and tell you where it maps on theirs.
post #733 of 1189 Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM

I love how im trying to watch the tourney in Hd and they roll across the bottom of the screen that in order to give their viewers a constant feed of the WI game w/o cut outs they will not be showing it in hd.

How rediculous is that.
post #734 of 1189 Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

There is a possibility that it's just not picking it up. Some QAM tuners can be funny that way. The ones in Panasonic plasmas are famous for this.

I always hear good things about Vizio's tuners, but I'm not sure if people are just referring to anything more than their picture quality and sensitivity.

I'd keep trying, though. Maybe someone else here with Insight and a QAM tuner can chime in and tell you where it maps on theirs.

Vizio's are a low end brand and suffer from inconsistant quality. One batch goes out and has great specs, but the next batch can go out with lousy specs.
The biggest issue with Vizios (and most low end sets [read that as China/WalMart/No Names] ) is that they lack the ability to be upgraded. Specs and technology are constantly changing (even the over the air signal has had changes in the last 2 years). The low end sets are stuck at the time they were created. Most name brands sets have ports which allow the software to be upgraded. Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, etc, have had software upgrades to fix many issues that have been discovered. (Another good reason to register your purchase).
post #735 of 1189 Old 03-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:

If you are getting ABCHD you should be getting our second channel on 17.2 MyNetworkTV.

What programming is on it? I keep getting one channel in scans that doesn't show up later in the channel list. I'll keep trying to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoTech View Post

]The low end sets are stuck at the time they were created. Most name brands sets have ports which allow the software to be upgraded. Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, etc, have had software upgrades to fix many issues that have been discovered. (Another good reason to register your purchase).

You may be right about the quality, since I did have some trouble (buzzing) with my set that was repaired in-home. However, the Vizio has 2 service ports (main/DTV) for technicians/firmware upgrade.

-Carter
post #736 of 1189 Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM

Updating my previous post a bit...

The buzzing came back on my Vizio, so I returned it for a Panasonic 60u. I liked the Vizio just fine (it had many strong points), but the sweet taste of saving money didn't outweigh the bitterness of buzzing noises. I'm still picking up all the previously listed channels with the new Panasonic's QAM tuner.

-Carter
post #737 of 1189 Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:

And that's why I thank the NFL, and the ghost of George S. Halas for home market games......
post #738 of 1189 Old 03-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsiegf View Post

Just FYI,

RF69-3 FOXHD (WQRF)
RF70-100 No Signal
RF74-7 PBSHD (WPT)
RF86-31 NBCHD (WREX)
RF86-32 ABCHD (WTVO)
RF87-1 CBSHD (WIFR)
RF87-2 Weather (WIFR)

-Carter

I'm getting all of that except 74-7. Grr...and I really want to see PBSHD also.

And why no MyNetwork? I get that channel (17-2) with OTA, but not QAM. (Olevia 237)
post #739 of 1189 Old 03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckywang View Post

And why no MyNetwork? I get that channel (17-2) with OTA, but not QAM.

So you're the one who watches that channel ?
post #740 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Hi, my name is James and I live in the city of Byron IL. I got an RCA SDTV from Walmart for $224 in December and bought an indoor amplified Antenna, which works better than the cheap one I had before. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. The Digital Signal gets choppy on windy days, I was wondering if an outdoor antenna would help stop the choppiness?

2. What outdoor antenna would you suggest to get Rockford and Madison and if all possible I would like to get Chicago

3. Does anybody know whats going to happen to the low power stations in the area after feb '09? Like WCFC-CA TV51 or WBKM-LP 46 Chana IL.

4. Is FOX 39 Getting a subchannel anytime soon?
post #741 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB81 View Post

Hi, my name is James and I live in the city of Byron IL. I got an RCA SDTV from Walmart for $224 in December and bought an indoor amplified Antenna, which works better than the cheap one I had before. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. The Digital Signal gets choppy on windy days, I was wondering if an outdoor antenna would help stop the choppiness?

2. What outdoor antenna would you suggest to get Rockford and Madison and if all possible I would like to get Chicago

3. Does anybody know whats going to happen to the low power stations in the area after feb '09? Like WCFC-CA TV51 or WBKM-LP 46 Chana IL.

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum!

1. The problem is trees/branches swaying in the wind near or on your property.
An outside directional antenna would help, to be sure...but it isn't foolproof if you have a lot of them.

2. Chicago is impossible unless it is via "tropo ducting", or "skip", because it is below the radio horizon of 65 miles. In other words, when the air is cool near the ground and warmer aloft, signals are reflected by that warm layer and can travel up to 700 miles if conditions are just right (usually its about 200 miles or so). That said, I enthusiastically recommend a ChannelMaster 4228 antenna from Warren Electronics (www.warrenelectronics.com). You can order online, but they also have a store in the Quad Cities and maybe Sterling/Rock Falls. Call their number and ask. Put that antenna on this rotor:

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...?prod=MTRTR200

And you should Madison frequently with that antenna on the roof, with a signal preamplifier. Head to Farm and Fleet and get their $25 Magnavox 22 db UHF/29 dB VHF preamplifier, and your system should do what you want it to do.
(Yes, it's not cheap, but your reception will rock. And, you should get the Quad Cities from time to time as well).

3. and 4. : No idea on 4, WBKM is moving to Dixon, will broadcast digitally on channel 21; you might get them with that 4228 antenna when they move their analog and their eventual digital station there. WCFC-CA is heading to channel 28 perhaps...with 2.5 kw of power. I don't know if or when they will sign on.

Gilbert
post #742 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Negative so far on #4. (Unless Ast Chf has some suprises for me)

post #743 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Be careful what you wish for .

If they do, you may not notice a decline in quality on 39-1 so much with a smaller SDTV, but I guarantee you that if you should ever decide to go to a larger display like many of us others have, you WILL notice.

And that won't go over too well for the football and baseball games, or anything else with a good amount of movement.

I was actually comparing the hi-def signals between WFLD-DT and WQRF-DT the other day, and, at least on that particular program, WQRF-DT was slightly better.

Now that I can receive 39-1 regularly with no problem, I'd sure hate to see that change .
post #744 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the forum

What the last 3 posters have said, I agree with them 100 %.

-Willie
post #745 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Be careful what you wish for .

If they do, you may not notice a decline in quality on 39-1 so much with a smaller SDTV, but I guarantee you that if you should ever decide to go to a larger display like many of us others have, you WILL notice.

And that won't go over too well for the football and baseball games, or anything else with a good amount of movement.

I was actually comparing the hi-def signals between WFLD-DT and WQRF-DT the other day, and, at least on that particular program, WQRF-DT was slightly better.

Now that I can receive 39-1 regularly with no problem, I'd sure hate to see that change .

Hi Rammitinski,

You are right about the picture quality was better with WQRF 39 over WFLD 32. but once awhile it vice-versa. But it was nice since they boosted to full power. But, I notice couple time that they either were off air or reduced power but I hope that the all break-in is done and so We can watch the Packer game in HD .

Has that AirBus A-380 fly over your house yet? I bet you would like that to fly overhead on a daily basic.

-Willie
post #746 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

But, I notice couple time that they either were off air or reduced power but I hope that the all break-in is done and so We can watch the Packer game in HD .

They show the Packer games out of Rockford? I didn't know that, but I guess it makes sense being much, much closer to the Wisc. state line than Chicago.

That's great that we'll be able to get more NFL games in HD for free !

I was just getting familiar with my new Elite's split-screen feature yesterday, when I had both the Sox and the Cubs games going at once. That should also come in real handy for the coming football season .

All you suckers paying all that money for the Sunday Ticket from D* in HD-Lite, eat your hearts out !
post #747 of 1189 Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They show the Packer games out of Rockford?

Only when the Bears are not playing or on CBS
post #748 of 1189 Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:

They show the Packer games out of Rockford? I didn't know that, but I guess it makes sense being much, much closer to the Wisc. state line than Chicago.

That's great that we'll be able to get more NFL games in HD for free !

I was just getting familiar with my new Elite's split-screen feature yesterday, when I had both the Sox and the Cubs games going at once. That should also come in real handy for the coming football season .

All you suckers paying all that money for the Sunday Ticket from D* in HD-Lite, eat your hearts out !

Rammitinski, I don't know for sure if Packer ever played on the WQRF as I didn't get the boosted power last year to watch it. I just was giving you a hard time about the Packer . The Digital just spoiled me I don't like watching Analog anymore.

I like the Picture and Picture feature they are nice to have. I have a Polaroid FLM-3234B 32" LCD with dual tuner NTSC/ ATSC. I wanted to have another ATSC tuner with the Picture and Picture feature and I was waiting to see if Samsung will come out with a DVD-Recorder with a true HD pass though tuner ( I know the recording will be in SD only ) as a second HD ATSC tuner otherwise I am going to get a Samsung DBT-H260F STB for now and get the HD-DVD recorder when it comes out and use that for HD-DVD recording/ player only. I have 2 HDMI input and 2 Component input so I am set.
-Willie
post #749 of 1189 Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM

What happened with WTVO cutting to a news commercial at the very end where they announce the results on Dancing with the Stars? My mom is going ballistic although I was able to get in WKOW to keep the women at my house appeased.
post #750 of 1189 Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclerok View Post

What happened with WTVO cutting to a news commercial at the very end where they announce the results on Dancing with the Stars? My mom is going ballistic although I was able to get in WKOW to keep the women at my house appeased.

That was due to a bad switch on ABC networks part, they had been in black for sometime and we rolled part of our next break until ABC had fixed their problem. ABC had actually covered the program, we just covered the black with something else until they got it fixed
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page