Help PLEASE With FIOS Quantum STB problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help PLEASE With FIOS Quantum STB problem

Hi,

I give up. Hooked up a new FIOS QUANTUM Media Server to my AV Receiver using component cables (my plasma has no hdmi) and after a short time the TV picture started flickering, increasing in disruption and loss of signal. never had a problem with the older multi room dvr.

If I attach the component cable straight from the stb into the wall component (plasma is wall mounted) using the connection faceplate the picture is fine.

My system: Panasonic Plasma, component only. Pioneer AV Reciever. Componet Switchbox, Insignia DVD, Xbox. I have everything going into the Component Switchbox and then one output into the Pioneer receiver and output into wall faceplate to plasma.

If however, I connect the STB componet cable Out to anything else, the flickering starts.
Since the first day I have done the following in vain:

- FIOS tech switched out the STB. He said since the picture directly into the TV was good he could not help with the problem of it not working with my home system
- Swapped cables out of the STB and AV Reciever.
- Purchased a 2in and 1 out component connection thinking I could plug that into the TV and that really disrupted the picture.

I give up. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
fios problem , quantum problem , quantum signal problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page