Fractal Antenna DIY Help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Unread 06-23-2015, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Fractal Antenna DIY Help

I've been looking on how to improve my reception with out spending a lot of money. Everything I've looked at points me to a fractal antenna. I know there are simple and intricate designs but I have decided to go with something fairly simple to start with.

Here is my problem, I have all the items to make it except my connector is a little different. I've have had it a few years in my box of wires I thought I would never use. This is a picture of the antenna I am making and the connector; UHF/VHF/FM SPLITTER.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna plan.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	792402

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150623_182125.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	792410

My problem, since there are 2 seperate connectors, the UHF and one for VHF where do I connect them. Do I only connect one? If so which one? Do I connect both of them to the same screws, or add 2 more screws and connect them on separate screws? Or will it not work at all?

Suggestions? I would like to put it outside but I have 2 problems, first one is our homeowners association won't allow it, and even if we could, our roof is very high and steep and my husband has swore he will never go up on it again. It it looks like it has to go in our attic.

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
antenna , design , fractal