Constant Dropouts on All Channels - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Unread Today, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Constant Dropouts on All Channels

I've recently started experiencing constant dropouts on all channels on one of my TVs.

I have an attic-mounted RCA 751R going to a distribution amp that runs to a 40" Sony Bravia in my living room, and a 32" Samsung in my bedroom. The dropouts are only happening on the Sony; the cheaper Samsung is fine. The cable run to the Samsung is shorter, but the run to the Sony is only ~30ft (although 8ft of that is running outside). The dropouts happen on all channels, regardless of signal strength. The signal strength on all channels is 80%+ with most actually 90%+. The SNR is ~29 and the signal strength does not change, but 'errors' jump from 0 to 100+ when the dropouts occur.

Not sure what's happening, especially since it happens on all channels, doesn't appear to be a signal strength issue, and it only happens on one of the two TVs attached to the same antenna.

I'd post a signal map, but I don't have enough posts to be able to add links.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page