Once again, Comcast TCM HD channel 789 audio is out of sync with video. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark12547

post #1 of 9 Old 09-13-2015, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Once again, Comcast TCM HD channel 789 audio is out of sync with video.

I called Comcast but useless (They'll make a report). Only TCM HD channel 789 audio is again out of sync. Has been since last night 9/12 and still is. This occurs frequently but only on TCM HD 789.

Am I the only one experiencing?

Am on Comcast in Santa Cruz, CA

Stephen L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-13-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 312
I haven't noticed a problem with audio sync, but that might be because of what audio option I am using, or the local feed is good, or I have watched so many dubbed Japanese Godzilla / Mothra / Mechagodzilla / Starman movies that I seldom pay attention to lip movements vs. sound unless it is radically off. But then I am in Salem, Oregon and receive TCM HD on 784 so I am on a different headend than you are on.

This appears to be the place where you can let TCM know you have issues with viewing their channel on your TV, with lots of space where you can describe your access to TCM (cable company, cable company's equipment and your equipment), your location, and a description of the problem:

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

Edited to add: Yes, the lips move about 3/10ths of a second before the sound, even here in Salem, Oregon, Comcast HD channel 784. This is observed in movie "Kim".

Edited to add: Also with the intro and playing of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" (1951), sound is 1/3rd second late (and quite obvious when the phone hook is hit several times in the beginning of the movie). I'm putting in a ticket at the above URL.

Edited to add: But TCM (SD) 501 has the sound synced perfectly to the lips, so it is just 784 (HD) that is off with video about 1/3rd of a second sooner than the sound.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, PC (Windows 7), Xfinity Internet (160Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola DCX3501, Xfinity faceplate: RNG200N), Xfinity cable (Digital Preferred Plus), Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player.

Last edited by Mark12547; 09-13-2015 at 04:49 PM.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-13-2015, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Comcast TCM alos out of sync on 395 per reply

Posted by
Sandy51747

Visitor

Approved solution
No, it's happening to me also on channel 395,which is TCM,I have reported this issue also. I have just switched to comcast. I hope this isin't a regular issue.
Since last night (Sat 9/12) ONLY TCM HD channel 789 audio has been out of sync with video. I reported to Comcast last night to advise engineers. Am I the only one experiencing?

Stephen L
post #4 of 9 Old 09-14-2015, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Comcast refresh signal did nothing to correct out of sync TCM HD 789

As I predicted Comcast sending refresh signal to correct audio out of sync only on TCM HD 789 did nothing. I called them this morning at 11:45 AM PST due to now third day out of sync.

They will report to engineers again.

I also sent report to TCM but no reply.

Stephen L
post #5 of 9 Old 09-14-2015, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Surprise, audio back in sync

Just checked again, 3:15 PM PST Comcast TCM HD 789. Surprise, audio back in sync.

I have no idea who resolved Comcast or TCM (since I contacted both).

Stephen L
post #6 of 9 Old 09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 312
When I watched "Bulldog Drummond At Bay" (recorded last Saturday), it was disconcerting that the rock with a note tied on it went through the window and, after the rock was out of frame, I heard the crash of the rock hitting the window.

Hopefully, when "Bulldog Drummond Comes Back" is recorded, the sound remains synchronized to the video.
slannes likes this.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, PC (Windows 7), Xfinity Internet (160Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola DCX3501, Xfinity faceplate: RNG200N), Xfinity cable (Digital Preferred Plus), Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-19-2015, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Re: CC of report to TCM due to ONLY TCM HD 789 audio out of sync AGAIN

Topic Options

Subscribe to this discussion

Posted Today, TO TCM)
Saturday 9/19 4:12 PM PST. Just called Comcast due to HD ONLY TCM 789 out of sync again (turned on about twenty minutes ago and then turned off in disgust). Person I talked to at Comcast must be offshore as I had difficulty explaining to her (hard to understand her). Hopefully she will escalate to engineer.

Stephen L

CC to: Comcast

P.S. Sample of another disgusted Comcast customer who posted to TCM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:54 PM
I have joined the TCM forum as a fan of the channel (been watching regularly since the mid-1990's), however I now must add my voice to the growing number of people who are experiencing the "audio out-of-sync problem" on Comcast channel 789. It practically ruined our experience while trying to watch the Summer of Darkness programming back in July and it is continuing to be an issue right up to this very moment. Sometimes it's off just slightly, other times it's way off.

Why isn't anyone responding to this issue? It is NOT a Comcast issue! And God help us if it is. Somebody needs to do some due diligence and provide some answers.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-20-2015, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

TCM 789 HD still out of sync this Sunday 9/20 10:30 AM PST. I am not alone: see below from TCM message board. Calling Comcast, which I have, is useless. Comcast CSR (offshore?) did not grasp or understand situation so can do nothing.

Stephen L

Posted Today, 01:05 AM
This situation is becoming comical. Still waiting for someone (anyone!) to address this audio problem. No other major network that I know of has this issue. One would think that someone from TCM would be concerned about this and respond to these posts. Is there anyone at TCM who is monitoring this message board? What's the point of having one? This is a major technical problem and it's preventing people from watching the programming!

If it's a Comcast HD technical issue, then why aren't other channels having this out-of-sync problem? Either Comcast needs to communicate with the TCM people or vice versa. How ironic. Trying to watch old, classic (mostly) black and white films, but modern technology just seems too freekin' complicated to allow it.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-20-2015, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Posted Today, 02:28 PM
Sunday 2:25 PM PST: Comcast TCM HD 789 still out of sync. I have reported to TCM again but doubt will resolve due to I never get a reply:

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

And, Comcast rep (outsourced) is useless.

So must stay with std def Comcast TCM 501 or give up enjoying TCM.

Stephen L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page