Little Rock, AR - HDTV - Page 418 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12511 of 12540 Old 04-30-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Home Depot WLR
$4.97 ea
Was $12.97 Save 62%
Cree 60W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 Dimmable LED Light Bulb

Davenlr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12512 of 12540 Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, Dave, looks like this RASCAL thing that neither one of us could figure out what it was for is for PSK31, SSTV, EchoLink, Packet, RTTY (FSK & AFSK), eQSO, WJST, APRS, CW, MT63, and more. Got that from http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?386159-Bux-Comm-Rascal-Mark-V-GLX. You may not be into that kinda stuff. Just thought about it and did a google search for it and got a bunch of results. https://www.google.com/search?q=buxcomm+rascal+mark+v+glx+R5D&oq=buxcomm+rascal+mark+v+glx+R5D&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.10831j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8
steveken is offline  
post #12513 of 12540 Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yea. I looked that up too. Not much interested in digital modes. Put up a 17m sloper and my first contact was central Italy. Butternut vertical sucks so I ordered a 8 position remotecoax switch and gonna put up a wire antenna for each band. My 40m nvis dipole is kicking butt. Already worked 26 states on 40.

Davenlr is offline  
post #12514 of 12540 Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RockyF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody else having reception issues with KETS lately? The last several days I have either had no signal, or at least not enough to lock. There has been no change on any of the other stations, so I don't think it is an antenna issue.

Thanks

Rocky
RockyF is offline  
post #12515 of 12540 Old 05-26-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Its pixellating for me. Usually comes in perfect with the antenna pointed about 30 degrees away from it, but not today.

Davenlr is offline  
post #12516 of 12540 Old 08-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks like there has been several changes to OTA channel line up . Gone are Soul Of South channel and religion theme channels 3ABN. Added are shopping channel QVC.

Here is the updated channels line up:

2.1 KETS (PBS)
2.2 KETS
2.3 KETS
2.4 KETS (Audio only)
4.1 KARK (NBC)
7.1 KATV (ABC)
7.2 7.2 RTV
7.3 LWN
11.1 KTHV (CBS)
11.2 THV2 (Wheather Channel)
16.1 KLRT (FOX)
20.1 KKYK (UNIVISION)
20.2 KMYA (MeTV)

25.1 VTN
30.1 KKYK (QVC)
30.2KKYK (COZI TV)
36.1 KKAP
38.1 KASN
42.1 KARZ (Z-42)
42.2 Bounce
47.1 KMYA (MondoFox)
49.1 KMYA (MeTV)

I wish they add Antenna TV channel. I like classic sitcom shows
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12517 of 12540 Old 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
dmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Duncan Gap, North Central Arkansas
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post
snip ........
30.2KKYK (COZI TV)
......snip
I wish they add Antenna TV channel. I like classic sitcom shows
I thought COZI-TV was showing some old sit-coms (eg. I Love Lucy / Dick Van Dyke). I can't get it OTA here (too weak) but I watch it on BUD satellite on occasion.

BTW, while I'm here, does anyone have any idea what LWN (7.3) will be replaced with (or if it will be replaced)? ABC is discontinuing the channel in January 2015.

dmatch

Last edited by dmatch; 08-26-2014 at 04:19 PM.
dmatch is offline  
post #12518 of 12540 Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatch View Post
I thought COZI-TV was showing some old sit-coms ().egLucy / Dick Van Dyke . I Love I can't get it OTA here (too weak) but I watch it on BUD satellite on occasion.
AntennaTV have better variety odf sitcom such as Three's Company, Sanford&Son, GoodTimes, All In The Family or Jack Benny.

The classic sitcoms coming from Cozi or MeTV such as Lucy or Dick Van Dyke are pretty stale

Quote:
BTW, while I'm here, does anyone have any idea what LWN (7.3) will be replaced with (or if it will be replaced)? ABC is discontinuing the channel in January 2015.
Thanks for that info. I also be interested to see what they replace it with.
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12519 of 12540 Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just "cut the cable" as they say and am using my house's old TV antenna on the roof. I installed a pre-amp and patched the whole thing into the system of coaxials that the cable TV was using under the house. I've had to get back on the roof a few times now (more than I'd to) to try and get all of the channels to come in, but basically, I can either get the ones from the Shinall Mountain towers (THV, KARK) or the PB towers (KATV, AETN, Fox16?) but not both. Is the reception of OTA stations really this flakey in the middle of Little Rock or would I be better served getting a new antenna? Or is it possible that there's a different problem?
stark rhavyn is offline  
post #12520 of 12540 Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RockyF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark rhavyn View Post
I just "cut the cable" as they say and am using my house's old TV antenna on the roof. I installed a pre-amp and patched the whole thing into the system of coaxials that the cable TV was using under the house. I've had to get back on the roof a few times now (more than I'd to) to try and get all of the channels to come in, but basically, I can either get the ones from the Shinall Mountain towers (THV, KARK) or the PB towers (KATV, AETN, Fox16?) but not both. Is the reception of OTA stations really this flakey in the middle of Little Rock or would I be better served getting a new antenna? Or is it possible that there's a different problem?
There are others here who can probably answer your question a lot better than me, but one for one thing, everyone but KASN (CW Arkansas) and AETN are on Shinall, so you would think if positioning was an issue that you would get 4.1, 7.1 11.1 and 16.1 at least. Depending on your location, it could be possible you don't need the pre-amp.

I have been having issues with AETN and KTHV (both VHF frequencies, but different directions) lately, but I got up on the roof on Monday, and simply raised my antenna a few inches and it fixed the problem. I guess it had slipped a bit. Trying changing the position a bit vertically might help you out some as well.

Rocky
RockyF is offline  
post #12521 of 12540 Old 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post
There are others here who can probably answer your question a lot better than me, but one for one thing, everyone but KASN (CW Arkansas) and AETN are on Shinall, so you would think if positioning was an issue that you would get 4.1, 7.1 11.1 and 16.1 at least. Depending on your location, it could be possible you don't need the pre-amp.

I have been having issues with AETN and KTHV (both VHF frequencies, but different directions) lately, but I got up on the roof on Monday, and simply raised my antenna a few inches and it fixed the problem. I guess it had slipped a bit. Trying changing the position a bit vertically might help you out some as well.
So a pre-amp would adversely affect the reception if it's not needed?
stark rhavyn is offline  
post #12522 of 12540 Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark rhavyn View Post
So a pre-amp would adversely affect the reception if it's not needed?

They could overload the TV tuner if strong local signal, amplifying the terrestrial noise that might effect the weaker signal.

I would remove the pre-amp to see if getting better results. Another think might effect your reception might be that your antenna is too directional. It wil pick up the signal that is pointed at, but it will attunate the signal from other directions.

If you live at center of town, you get better result using an omni directional antenna. I have an indooor omni directional antenna (live on 3th floor) and and pick up all the local OTA channels.
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12523 of 12540 Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post
They could overload the TV tuner if strong local signal, amplifying the terrestrial noise that might effect the weaker signal.

I would remove the pre-amp to see if getting better results. Another think might effect your reception might be that your antenna is too directional. It wil pick up the signal that is pointed at, but it will attunate the signal from other directions.

If you live at center of town, you get better result using an omni directional antenna. I have an indooor omni directional antenna (live on 3th floor) and and pick up all the local OTA channels.
Seems like my giant, old school, three tiered outdoor antenna wouldn't be directional. Would it?
I just wanna make sure before I spend the money on a new antenna that it would help.
I tried unplugging the power to my preamp and it didn't seem to help. And the reception seems to differ everyday, does anyone else in town notice this?
stark rhavyn is offline  
post #12524 of 12540 Old 09-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
dmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Duncan Gap, North Central Arkansas
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark rhavyn View Post
Seems like my giant, old school, three tiered outdoor antenna wouldn't be directional. Would it?
I just wanna make sure before I spend the money on a new antenna that it would help.
I tried unplugging the power to my preamp and it didn't seem to help. And the reception seems to differ everyday, does anyone else in town notice this?
Unplugging a pre-amp from AC power isn't the same as removing it. A pre-amp has the amplifier mounted at the antenna and a voltage source in the house (the part you would unplug from AC power). To actually remove it you have to by-pass both the amplifier up at the antenna and the part in the house also. You may just have what is called a distribution amplifier, which is not the same as a pre-amp.

I am not sure what you mean by "three tiered" antenna but, before UHF started in the area, many people in Little Rock used to have special antennas ("Little Rock Special") that had antenna elements at more than 1 height (tiers) so that they would act like separate antennas and be turned so they could receive signals from both Chenal and Redfield/Pine Bluff. However, the frequencies of the TV signals have changed and those aren't as good to use as they used to be (before UHF).

The signal reception will differ from day to day when you have poor reception.

Have you tried just a cheap set of rabbit ears like the kind that used to come with portable TVs?

dmatch

Last edited by dmatch; 09-06-2014 at 08:22 AM.
dmatch is offline  
post #12525 of 12540 Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I don't know what is going on with OTA channel 30.1 KKYK. That channel used to be Soul Of The South, and couple of month ago they switched to QVC shopping channel.

But now, it is back to showing Soul Of The South again
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12526 of 12540 Old 10-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Here we go with more changes and channels line up.

The religion theme channels 3ABN are back on the air after six month hiatus. Spanish channel MundoFox is out, but QVC and Soul Of South are back in.

Here is an updated channel line up:

2.1 KETS (PBS)
2.2 KETS
2.3 KETS
2.4 KETS (Audio only)
4.1 KARK (NBC)
7.1 KATV (ABC)
7.2 7.2 RTV
7.3 LWN
11.1 KTHV (CBS)
11.2 THV2
16.1 KLRT (FOX)
20.1 KKYK (UNIVISION)
20.2 KMYA (MeTV)

25.1 VTN
27.1 3ABN
27.2 3ABN
27.3 3ABN
27.4 3ABN
27.5 3ABN (Audio only)
27.6 3ABN (Audio only)
27.7 3ABN (Audio only)
30.1 KKYK (Soul of South)
30.2 KKYK (COZI TV)
30.4 KKYK (QVC)
36.1 KKAP (Daystar)
38.1 KASN
42.1 KARZ (Z-42)
42.2 Bounce
49.1 KMYA (MeTV)
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12527 of 12540 Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
dmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Duncan Gap, North Central Arkansas
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post
Here we go with more changes and channels line up.

The religion theme channels 3ABN are back on the air after six month hiatus. Spanish channel MundoFox is out, but QVC and Soul Of South are back in.
Was the 27 (3ABN) transmitter broadcasting anything or was it turned completely off? I could never get it here. Just curious.

dmatch
dmatch is offline  
post #12528 of 12540 Old 10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatch View Post
Was the 27 (3ABN) transmitter broadcasting anything or was it turned completely off? I could never get it here. Just curious.

dmatch
During last year, it seem 3ABN had trouble with their transmission. The signal kept breaking up with pixelation and freezing. So few months ago they went off the air completley.

But now that they are back on the air, looks like they fix transmission problems with very good signal strenght and picture quality
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12529 of 12540 Old 11-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
dmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Duncan Gap, North Central Arkansas
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ran across this about the Justice Network coming to Gannett stations in January:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...justice/135467

Wonder if KTHV (Gannett owned) will add this as 11-3 or replace Weather Nation on 11-2 or not carry it at all. Anyone here heard anything about this?

dmatch
dmatch is offline  
post #12530 of 12540 Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Newbie
 
dgblick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in the Heights neighborhood of Little Rock. I have two Vizio HDTVs: one is a 55" model # XVT553SV, and the other is a 22" model #M221NV . The XVT receives only 16 OTA channels, and the M22 gets 27 OTA channels. I suspect it has something to do with their individual tuners, but can someone tell me why the difference in reception/# of channels received? They are both connected to the same outdoor, rooftop antenna. Thanks
dgblick is offline  
post #12531 of 12540 Old 12-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgblick View Post
I suspect it has something to do with their individual tuners, but can someone tell me why the difference in reception/# of channels received? They are both connected to the same outdoor, rooftop antenna. Thanks
You are on the right track about tuner's capability. But if you are splitting the signal, each tuner only get half of signal strenght from antenna.

So it may come down to as to which tuner can handle weak signals better
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12532 of 12540 Old 12-06-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ProjectSHO89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
You might also easily have a defective coax, splitter, connector, etc. Unless you physically move one of the other sets to the opposite location and try it, it's impossible to be sure whether it's a set problem or a distribution problem.

Since a 22" set is easier to move than a 55" set, move the small one to the other location and test it using the same lead currently connected to the 55" set.
ProjectSHO89 is online now  
post #12533 of 12540 Old 12-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Member
 
julesism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
howdy :)

Good morning LR folks. I moved to LR (from DFW) in September. I don't think I've stopped in to say hello yet. I wanted to let you all know that I have a SiliconDust HDHR Dual unit that sends signal readings to rabbitears.info. I wanted to share the link(s) here below:

http://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/one_...0345B47/tuner0
http://m.rabbitears.info/index.php?r...rs=24&tzone=CT

If anyone is interested in getting this setup at their location, I would be happy to help KETS/7 and K27JP-D/27 are the only signals I have yet to see. My antenna has been in 3 different spots, all indoors so far. I hope to get in the attic or better yet, on the roof soon. Can anyone confirm if K27JP-D/27 is actually on the air? I'm in 72207 just north of Cantrell between University and Mississippi/Keightley. I've got the antenna pointed towards Shinall with a slight turn towards the south. TVFool says I do not have LOS to anything. Thankfully I'm not as low as folks behind me If anyone has any advice/feedback on KETS/7, I'm all ears.
julesism is offline  
post #12534 of 12540 Old 12-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Member
 
byrdnest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesism View Post
Good morning LR folks. I moved to LR (from DFW) in September. I don't think I've stopped in to say hello yet. I wanted to let you all know that I have a SiliconDust HDHR Dual unit that sends signal readings to rabbitears.info. I wanted to share the link(s) here below:

http://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/one_...0345B47/tuner0
http://m.rabbitears.info/index.php?r...rs=24&tzone=CT

If anyone is interested in getting this setup at their location, I would be happy to help KETS/7 and K27JP-D/27 are the only signals I have yet to see. My antenna has been in 3 different spots, all indoors so far. I hope to get in the attic or better yet, on the roof soon. Can anyone confirm if K27JP-D/27 is actually on the air? I'm in 72207 just north of Cantrell between University and Mississippi/Keightley. I've got the antenna pointed towards Shinall with a slight turn towards the south. TVFool says I do not have LOS to anything. Thankfully I'm not as low as folks behind me If anyone has any advice/feedback on KETS/7, I'm all ears.
If you've gotten KASN/39 then I'm surprised you haven't gotten KETS/7 because they share a tower. Keep in mind that they are close to 180 degrees away from everything on Chenal down near Redfield and significantly further away than the Chenal towers.
byrdnest is online now  
post #12535 of 12540 Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Member
 
julesism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep... it's a bit of a head scratcher. I have 3 Terk HDTV antennas. Two are the amplified model (HDTVa) and the 3rd is not (HDTVi). I've tried both models and I've tried a few tips I've come across online for VHF reception. I had no trouble with KTHV/RF-12. In DFW I pulled in KXII/12 Texoma from 65 miles with the amplified version. I don't know if I've got a LOS issue, interference, or both. Even when I point towards Redfield and keep an eye on a live signal meter while I made adjustments... nada. I'll keep at it

Last edited by julesism; Today at 06:08 PM.
julesism is offline  
post #12536 of 12540 Old Today, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesism View Post
KETS/7 and K27JP-D/27 are the only signals I have yet to see.
I don't think there is such a channel as KETS/7. Little Rock's PBS have call letter KETS and their channel assignment is KETS 2.1, KETS 2.2, KETS 2.3 and KETS 2.4.

K27JP/27 is also a channel I never seen as I don't think it exist or would have picked up by now.

Here is updated local OTA channel listing. Note that MeTV has moved to channel 30.1 and Soul Of The South is located to channel 30.3.

2.1 KETS (PBS)
2.2 KETS
2.3 KETS
2.4 KETS (Audio only)
4.1 KARK (NBC)
7.1 KATV (ABC)
7.2 7.2 RTV
7.3 LWN
11.1 KTHV (CBS)
11.2 THV2
16.1 KLRT (FOX)
20.1 KKYK (UNIVISION)
20.2 KMYA (MeTV)
25.1 VTN

27.1 3ABN
27.2 3ABN
27.3 3ABN
27.4 3ABN
27.5 3ABN (Audio only)
27.6 3ABN (Audio only)
27.7 3ABN (Audio only)
30.1 KKYK (MeTv)
30.2 KKYK (COZI TV)
30.3 KKYK (Soul of South)
30.4 KKYK (QVC)
36.1 KKAP (Daystar)
38.1 KASN
42.1 KARZ (Z-42)
42.2 Bounce
49.1 KMYA (MeTV)
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12537 of 12540 Old Today, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US | Age: 26
Posts: 14,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
KETS transmits on channel 7, but maps to 2-1 through 2-4. K27JP-D definitely exists, and is even in your channel list (27-1 through 27-7).

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #12538 of 12540 Old Today, 06:19 PM
Member
 
julesism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I usually refer to stations by the channel they transmit on since that's what my SiliconDust tuners use. Sorry if it was confusing Bobby_D. I've swung my antennas towards downtown and have never seen K27JP-D/27. I have Comcast so I get KETS and their two video sub-channels just fine from my SiliconDust HDHR Prime tuners.
julesism is offline  
post #12539 of 12540 Old Today, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
KETS transmits on channel 7, but maps to 2-1 through 2-4. K27JP-D definitely exists, and is even in your channel list (27-1 through 27-7).

- Trip
Thanks for info, and you are right about channel 27. Googled K27JP and 3ABN (27.1 to 27.7) are its call sign.

I am guessing that K27JP is its official call letters since 3ABN call letters can not be used for station identification (first call letter have to be "K")
Bobby_D is online now  
post #12540 of 12540 Old Today, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Bobby_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesism View Post
I usually refer to stations by the channel they transmit on since that's what my SiliconDust tuners use. Sorry if it was confusing Bobby_D. I've swung my antennas towards downtown and have never seen K27JP-D/27.
Confusion on my part since not familiar with SiliconDust tuners

You should be able to pick up channel 27 since I also live on University ave. and signal is pretty strong. I am not sure of its transmission location, but they were off air for while. And now that are up and running, they might have changed antenna location.
Bobby_D is online now  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off