Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12512 of 12525 Old 05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, Dave, looks like this RASCAL thing that neither one of us could figure out what it was for is for PSK31, SSTV, EchoLink, Packet, RTTY (FSK & AFSK), eQSO, WJST, APRS, CW, MT63, and more. Got that from http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?386159-Bux-Comm-Rascal-Mark-V-GLX. You may not be into that kinda stuff. Just thought about it and did a google search for it and got a bunch of results. https://www.google.com/search?q=buxcomm+rascal+mark+v+glx+R5D&oq=buxcomm+rascal+mark+v+glx+R5D&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.10831j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8
post #12513 of 12525 Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Yea. I looked that up too. Not much interested in digital modes. Put up a 17m sloper and my first contact was central Italy. Butternut vertical sucks so I ordered a 8 position remotecoax switch and gonna put up a wire antenna for each band. My 40m nvis dipole is kicking butt. Already worked 26 states on 40.

post #12514 of 12525 Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anybody else having reception issues with KETS lately? The last several days I have either had no signal, or at least not enough to lock. There has been no change on any of the other stations, so I don't think it is an antenna issue.

Thanks

Rocky
post #12515 of 12525 Old 05-26-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Its pixellating for me. Usually comes in perfect with the antenna pointed about 30 degrees away from it, but not today.

post #12516 of 12525 Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM

Liked: 12
Looks like there has been several changes to OTA channel line up . Gone are Soul Of South channel and religion theme channels 3ABN. Added are shopping channel QVC.

Here is the updated channels line up:

2.1 KETS (PBS)
2.2 KETS
2.3 KETS
2.4 KETS (Audio only)
4.1 KARK (NBC)
7.1 KATV (ABC)
7.2 7.2 RTV
7.3 LWN
11.1 KTHV (CBS)
11.2 THV2 (Wheather Channel)
16.1 KLRT (FOX)
20.1 KKYK (UNIVISION)
20.2 KMYA (MeTV)

25.1 VTN
30.1 KKYK (QVC)
30.2KKYK (COZI TV)
36.1 KKAP
38.1 KASN
42.1 KARZ (Z-42)
42.2 Bounce
47.1 KMYA (MondoFox)
49.1 KMYA (MeTV)

I wish they add Antenna TV channel. I like classic sitcom shows
post #12517 of 12525 Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post
snip ........
30.2KKYK (COZI TV)
......snip
I wish they add Antenna TV channel. I like classic sitcom shows
I thought COZI-TV was showing some old sit-coms (eg. I Love Lucy / Dick Van Dyke). I can't get it OTA here (too weak) but I watch it on BUD satellite on occasion.

BTW, while I'm here, does anyone have any idea what LWN (7.3) will be replaced with (or if it will be replaced)? ABC is discontinuing the channel in January 2015.

dmatch

Last edited by dmatch; 08-26-2014 at 03:19 PM.
post #12518 of 12525 Old 08-26-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatch View Post
I thought COZI-TV was showing some old sit-coms ().egLucy / Dick Van Dyke . I Love I can't get it OTA here (too weak) but I watch it on BUD satellite on occasion.
AntennaTV have better variety odf sitcom such as Three's Company, Sanford&Son, GoodTimes, All In The Family or Jack Benny.

The classic sitcoms coming from Cozi or MeTV such as Lucy or Dick Van Dyke are pretty stale

Quote:
BTW, while I'm here, does anyone have any idea what LWN (7.3) will be replaced with (or if it will be replaced)? ABC is discontinuing the channel in January 2015.
Thanks for that info. I also be interested to see what they replace it with.
post #12519 of 12525 Old 09-03-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just "cut the cable" as they say and am using my house's old TV antenna on the roof. I installed a pre-amp and patched the whole thing into the system of coaxials that the cable TV was using under the house. I've had to get back on the roof a few times now (more than I'd to) to try and get all of the channels to come in, but basically, I can either get the ones from the Shinall Mountain towers (THV, KARK) or the PB towers (KATV, AETN, Fox16?) but not both. Is the reception of OTA stations really this flakey in the middle of Little Rock or would I be better served getting a new antenna? Or is it possible that there's a different problem?
post #12520 of 12525 Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark rhavyn View Post
I just "cut the cable" as they say and am using my house's old TV antenna on the roof. I installed a pre-amp and patched the whole thing into the system of coaxials that the cable TV was using under the house. I've had to get back on the roof a few times now (more than I'd to) to try and get all of the channels to come in, but basically, I can either get the ones from the Shinall Mountain towers (THV, KARK) or the PB towers (KATV, AETN, Fox16?) but not both. Is the reception of OTA stations really this flakey in the middle of Little Rock or would I be better served getting a new antenna? Or is it possible that there's a different problem?
There are others here who can probably answer your question a lot better than me, but one for one thing, everyone but KASN (CW Arkansas) and AETN are on Shinall, so you would think if positioning was an issue that you would get 4.1, 7.1 11.1 and 16.1 at least. Depending on your location, it could be possible you don't need the pre-amp.

I have been having issues with AETN and KTHV (both VHF frequencies, but different directions) lately, but I got up on the roof on Monday, and simply raised my antenna a few inches and it fixed the problem. I guess it had slipped a bit. Trying changing the position a bit vertically might help you out some as well.

Rocky
post #12521 of 12525 Old 09-03-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post
There are others here who can probably answer your question a lot better than me, but one for one thing, everyone but KASN (CW Arkansas) and AETN are on Shinall, so you would think if positioning was an issue that you would get 4.1, 7.1 11.1 and 16.1 at least. Depending on your location, it could be possible you don't need the pre-amp.

I have been having issues with AETN and KTHV (both VHF frequencies, but different directions) lately, but I got up on the roof on Monday, and simply raised my antenna a few inches and it fixed the problem. I guess it had slipped a bit. Trying changing the position a bit vertically might help you out some as well.
So a pre-amp would adversely affect the reception if it's not needed?
post #12522 of 12525 Old 09-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
So a pre-amp would adversely affect the reception if it's not needed?

They could overload the TV tuner if strong local signal, amplifying the terrestrial noise that might effect the weaker signal.

I would remove the pre-amp to see if getting better results. Another think might effect your reception might be that your antenna is too directional. It wil pick up the signal that is pointed at, but it will attunate the signal from other directions.

If you live at center of town, you get better result using an omni directional antenna. I have an indooor omni directional antenna (live on 3th floor) and and pick up all the local OTA channels.
post #12523 of 12525 Old 09-05-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post
They could overload the TV tuner if strong local signal, amplifying the terrestrial noise that might effect the weaker signal.

I would remove the pre-amp to see if getting better results. Another think might effect your reception might be that your antenna is too directional. It wil pick up the signal that is pointed at, but it will attunate the signal from other directions.

If you live at center of town, you get better result using an omni directional antenna. I have an indooor omni directional antenna (live on 3th floor) and and pick up all the local OTA channels.
Seems like my giant, old school, three tiered outdoor antenna wouldn't be directional. Would it?
I just wanna make sure before I spend the money on a new antenna that it would help.
I tried unplugging the power to my preamp and it didn't seem to help. And the reception seems to differ everyday, does anyone else in town notice this?
post #12524 of 12525 Old 09-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Seems like my giant, old school, three tiered outdoor antenna wouldn't be directional. Would it?
I just wanna make sure before I spend the money on a new antenna that it would help.
I tried unplugging the power to my preamp and it didn't seem to help. And the reception seems to differ everyday, does anyone else in town notice this?
Unplugging a pre-amp from AC power isn't the same as removing it. A pre-amp has the amplifier mounted at the antenna and a voltage source in the house (the part you would unplug from AC power). To actually remove it you have to by-pass both the amplifier up at the antenna and the part in the house also. You may just have what is called a distribution amplifier, which is not the same as a pre-amp.

I am not sure what you mean by "three tiered" antenna but, before UHF started in the area, many people in Little Rock used to have special antennas ("Little Rock Special") that had antenna elements at more than 1 height (tiers) so that they would act like separate antennas and be turned so they could receive signals from both Chenal and Redfield/Pine Bluff. However, the frequencies of the TV signals have changed and those aren't as good to use as they used to be (before UHF).

The signal reception will differ from day to day when you have poor reception.

Have you tried just a cheap set of rabbit ears like the kind that used to come with portable TVs?

dmatch

Last edited by dmatch; 09-06-2014 at 07:22 AM.
post #12525 of 12525 Old 09-16-2014, 08:21 PM

I don't know what is going on with OTA channel 30.1 KKYK. That channel used to be Soul Of The South, and couple of month ago they switched to QVC shopping channel.

But now, it is back to showing Soul Of The South again
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page