Little Rock, AR - HDTV - Page 420 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #12571 of 12575 Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12572 of 12575 Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Late followup on my tv reception problems.
When I had this antenna in my attic I was using a channelmaster amp.
I moved the antenna outside and then the pixelation on 38.1 and 42.1 started.
I forgot the channelmaster that was splitting to my 2 tv's.
Last night I saw the power supply feeding the channelmaster and unplugged it.
So far I have seen no problems with any channel.
post #12573 of 12575 Old 06-18-2015, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Charter cable HILARIOUS!!!

My mother lives in Pulaski, Tennessee. She has a strange problem with her cable. Charter cable is supposed to provide OTA stations from Huntsville, AL and Nashville, TN. She has a very standard package with about 100 channels. Recently Charter started requiring ALL TV'S to have a cable box. I suppose it has something to do with compression. Originally there was no problem, but shortly thereafter she lost all OTA stations. First she had drop outs and blockiness, now she has no OTA's. The cable only channels are perfect. Since the OTA's are on VHF, I thought she might have leaky cable because I think VHF, especially VHF-low band, is more susceptible to interference. Her little dog chewed on the RG-6 outside right where it goes into the house. My brother wrapped it in black tape. But the dog chewed it a long time ago, and it seemed to cause no problem. Channels 2 through 13 are all OTA's, except channel 12 is a cable only shop at home channel and it is perfect, so VHF probably has nothing to do with it. I am baffled. The TV upstairs works perfectly on all channels, both OTA and cable only.

I called Charter and the guy said they were not responsible for OTA's. I said I thought that the FCC mandated cable companies to carry all full-power stations within 25 miles. He said no and that Charter not longer supplied OTA's. I said but the cable system in Pulaski has carried OTA's since 1961 (that's when the cable system was founded in Pulaski, TN). He said they didn't carry OTA's. I said that at my brother's house and at my grandmother's house they had OTA's, and I cited WAFF as an example. He said all OTA TV broadcasting was banned in the United States because it interfered with airplanes. I asked him if all TV stations in the U.S. were defunct and he said yes. I told him that I had a 1957 Admiral TV, and I made a TV antenna out of a coat hanger, two shoe boxes, a milk crate, and some tin foil. He said "You made a TV antenna out of a coat hanger, two shoe boxes, a milk crate, and some tin foil?" He then paused and said "We don't support that." I said you don't have to support it, it's working great. Then I lied and said I worked at WHDF, RF channel 14, virtual channel 15 licensed to Florence, AL, but we put our tower south of Minor Hill, TN a few yards above the Alabama line. I told him we put it there to get on the cable in both Huntsville and Florence and told him we had a peanut pattern. Then I said "If all OTA broadcasting is banned in the U.S. does that mean I need not go to work tomorrow? He paused and then I said "Can I speak to someone else?" I was put on hold, and after a minute, I got mad and hung up.

Last edited by aa72dallas; 06-18-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typos
post #12574 of 12575 Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like Soul of the South is gone now. Cozi TV is back on 30.2.
post #12575 of 12575 Unread Today, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Soul of the South has been back for a few days.... I'm thinking none of us missed it

I'm wondering when/if KQPS-LD/14 will ever light up on Shinall. It's had a CP for quite a while now:
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...n=kqps#station
http://dtvamerica.com/stations/little-rock-arkansas/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page