Little Rock, AR - HDTV - Page 422 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #12631 of 12667 Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrin View Post
I had forgotten that the splitter was removed, I went out this morning and looked

this is what I sent comcrap today. My final try.
====================
From the pole to my tv was installed in the 80's. In the 90's I added internet and they put the splitter on the back of my house and ran another line to my modem.

The person that came out in October last year removed the splitter and put a piece of wire in its place.

OOB Frequency 75.250 MHz
OOB Lock 2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength 98% (-1.4 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (30.1 dB)

these are the signals I am seeing now.

I have 4 channels that work for a while then freeze up 5 minutes later they play awhile, stutter and some times show weak or no signal.

tbs pixelates.

and fx just doesn't come in, no signal no nothing.
Sounds like noise or a bad drop to the house.

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12632 of 12667 Old 11-02-2016, 02:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
yesterday even the locals would show weak signal.
So I told the people either fix it or get it out of my house.
I also said I wanted a refund for the last 2 months of them making excuses and not fixing anything.

Its probably back to ota and thats fine too.
What about omni directional antennas mounted on my roof, is there one worth using?
I wish they would kill the pine bluff tower and get it all on the mountain.
post #12633 of 12667 Old 01-20-2017, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Beginning to think this forum is dead. Guess everyone got their stuff the way they like it and are done with it now. Shame.

post #12634 of 12667 Old 01-21-2017, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I thought things might pick up here with more folks cutting the cord - maybe eventually.
post #12635 of 12667 Old 01-22-2017, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveken View Post
Beginning to think this forum is dead. Guess everyone got their stuff the way they like it and are done with it now. Shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsettlemoir View Post
I thought things might pick up here with more folks cutting the cord - maybe eventually.
Maybe it's just that everything is working as it should. With nothing to complain about, or need help with, everybody gets quiet.

As for me, I finally ditched my Channel Master CM 7000PAL and got a Tivo OTA Roamio, so everything is really working well here. If anyone is interested in a working (with all its bugs) PAL, send a PM.
post #12636 of 12667 Old 01-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Perhaps this post will help liven things up

Looks like Comcast is getting ready to transition channels to MPEG-4. I'm seeing channel 1995 in my lineup now. I do not have any set top boxes though... I use a SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime with a cable card. Anyone with a box seeing channel 1995?

AETN/KETS (PBS) added PBS Kids full-time recently on 2.3. World Channel is now full time on 2.4. The AIRS audio service is supposedly on the SAP channel of 2.4.

KVTN went HD not too long ago.

KLRA-CD added two subchannels a couple weeks ago. 20.3 is Jewelry TV and 20.4 is LifehacksDrTV (yawn)

K27JP-D has had no audio/video for about a week now. There is a signal there but no picture/sound.
post #12637 of 12667 Old 01-23-2017, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesism View Post
Perhaps this post will help liven things up

Looks like Comcast is getting ready to transition channels to MPEG-4. I'm seeing channel 1995 in my lineup now. I do not have any set top boxes though... I use a SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime with a cable card. Anyone with a box seeing channel 1995?
Just a question about Comcast because we might want to go back to them. Stupid, I know, but still. LOL Do they have Fox Sports Midwest on there at all anymore? It used to be on 95 in SD in previous years. Can't remember if it was ever put on in HD or not. Just wanting to know because I'm not too sure I wanna pay for MLB.TV if they are going to have it, too. Just would be a little bump in reliability for me from OTA stuff and PlayStation Vue which is the only way I have TV now. PS Vue is okay and is nice and cheap and all, but there are a couple channels (like ALL the Viacom stuff) that isn't on there right now.
post #12638 of 12667 Old 01-23-2017, 07:25 AM

I cut back and only have internet and basic/locals now, but when I had a bigger TV package, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of FS-Southwest and FS-Midwest coverage. There were 2 full-time HD channels and the SD overflow channel you mentioned. Seemed like a good mix of DFW teams (Rangers, Stars, Mavs) and STL (Cardinals) teams.
post #12639 of 12667 Old 01-24-2017, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anything changed to the signals in the past week? I switched back to OTA at the start of the year, all channels worked fine until last week. PBS, THV, channels 20 and 30 all aren't working now.
post #12640 of 12667 Old 01-24-2017, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark rhavyn View Post
Has anything changed to the signals in the past week? I switched back to OTA at the start of the year, all channels worked fine until last week. PBS, THV, channels 20 and 30 all aren't working now.
PBS, THV are all ok here. 20-1 OK, -2 no signal, -3 OK, -4 lo def 4:3 video, garbled audio.
post #12641 of 12667 Old 01-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnGa View Post
PBS, THV are all ok here. 20-1 OK, -2 no signal, -3 OK, -4 lo def 4:3 video, garbled audio.
most devices will not see/tune 20.2. Physical 20.2 = virtual 49.1
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...&callsign=klra

The links below in my sig are reception reports from my location in NLR.

Last edited by julesism; 01-24-2017 at 07:27 PM.
post #12642 of 12667 Old 02-03-2017, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm a cable cutter and have been a few years now. I live in in Searcy and am using just a ClearStream 2V (UHF/VHF) mounted on the old satellite dish pole firing towards Little Rock. I pretty much pick up all the stations with no problem except for recently. Have channels 2 and 11 dropped in there signal recently? They've always been a little sketchy, especially KETS, but channel 11, KTHV, is more blotchy. I was going to go to a ClearStream 5 or 4V if it would help for those two as they are probably the two I watch most.

Any others in my area?

(don't let my "avguytx" name fool you...I'm in AR now. ha)
post #12643 of 12667 Old 02-03-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguytx View Post
I'm a cable cutter and have been a few years now. I live in in Searcy and am using just a ClearStream 2V (UHF/VHF) mounted on the old satellite dish pole firing towards Little Rock. I pretty much pick up all the stations with no problem except for recently. Have channels 2 and 11 dropped in there signal recently? They've always been a little sketchy, especially KETS, but channel 11, KTHV, is more blotchy. I was going to go to a ClearStream 5 or 4V if it would help for those two as they are probably the two I watch most.

Any others in my area?

I'm a lot closer to the towers than you, but I'm not seeing any signal drops. The links in my sig will show signal levels/graphs from my location, or you can click the links below:
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/sig...47/tuner0/KETS
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/sig...47/tuner0/KTHV

KETS looks a little tough to pull in to me in Searcy, esp. on the north and west sides of town:
https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....=1312403&map=Y
KETS is not on Shinall Mt. (NW LR) where most of the other stations transmit from. It's in Redfield (between LR and Pine Bluff)
Does not look like KTEJ Jonesboro or KEMV Mountain View are any better in Searcy proper.

KTHV coverage map from RabbitEars.info is below:
https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....d=601619&map=Y
post #12644 of 12667 Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avguytx View Post

Any others in my area?

I'm a lot closer to the towers than you, but I'm not seeing any signal drops. The links in my sig will show signal levels/graphs from my location, or you can click the links below:
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/sig...47/tuner0/KETS
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvdx/sig...47/tuner0/KTHV

KETS looks a little tough to pull in to me in Searcy, esp. on the north and west sides of town:
https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....=1312403&map=Y
KETS is not on Shinall Mt. (NW LR) where most of the other stations transmit from. It's in Redfield (between LR and Pine Bluff)
Does not look like KTEJ Jonesboro or KEMV Mountain View are any better in Searcy proper.

KTHV coverage map from RabbitEars.info is below:
https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....d=601619&map=Y
I have 3 tvs tied into the antenna with an amplifier in the attic. The living room TV seems to have the toughest time (a newer Vizio 48") with the 2 channels but in the master bedroom, it picks up channel 2 perfect right now (7 year old Panasonic plasma). The Panny has a signal meter where none of the others do. Channel 2 is showing under 60% with no pixelation, channel 4 shows 86%, channel 7 90%, and channel 11 at 75% with some pixelation and audio dropout. Weird.

I known I'm on a fringe area and lucky to get what I do with such a small antenna that's mounted to the leftover satellite j-mount on the lower section of the roof. I just thought I'd try the larger antenna and see if it helped.
post #12645 of 12667 Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM

Changes resulting from Spectrum Auction?

Anyone heard of any channel changes in the over-the-air markets in Arkansas? Changes that came about from the FCC Spectrum Auction.

Kelly
post #12646 of 12667 Old 02-16-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoswell View Post

Anyone heard of any channel changes in the over-the-air markets in Arkansas? Changes that came about from the FCC Spectrum Auction.

Kelly
Check out this link on Trip's site:
https://www.rabbitears.info/blog/ind...uction-Results

I have not found anything on there yet but I may have missed something.
post #12647 of 12667 Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Check out this link on Trip's site:
https://www.rabbitears.info/blog/ind...uction-Results

I have not found anything on there yet but I may have missed something.
Been there. (I went there before I came here. )

Didn't see what I was after; anything about Arkansas stations.
Thanks.
post #12648 of 12667 Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone else noticed bad audio sync on KATV (7.1)? Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! both have audio out of sync by ~200-300 msec. Their in-house live morning shows are quite often even worse. See this on computer, Homeworx 150 PVR and 2 different TVs.

Anyone ever have any luck discussing technical issues with them. I thought I would try contacting them.

dmatch
post #12649 of 12667 Old 02-17-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatch View Post
Anyone else noticed bad audio sync on KATV (7.1)? Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! both have audio out of sync by ~200-300 msec. Their in-house live morning shows are quite often even worse. See this on computer, Homeworx 150 PVR and 2 different TVs.

Anyone ever have any luck discussing technical issues with them. I thought I would try contacting them.

dmatch
Now that you mention it, I have noticed it. I though maybe it was Windows Media Center on my end.

What about audio "burps" on KTHV 11? I noticed them during the Grammy's when the audio was soft/quiet. The sound does not drop out, it sounds like slight/soft hiccups... lol not sure how to describe it. I switched to a different CBS affiliate via Sat and the audio was burp free.
post #12650 of 12667 Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
... snip ...
What about audio "burps" on KTHV 11? I noticed them during the Grammy's when the audio was soft/quiet. The sound does not drop out, it sounds like slight/soft hiccups... lol not sure how to describe it. I switched to a different CBS affiliate via Sat and the audio was burp free.
Watch quite a bit of CBS (KTHV) in the morning and I have not noticed it. Perhaps it was a short-term problem or my old ears are not good enough to pick it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will e-mail them (KATV) about it and see if I get a response. I won't be holding my breath though.

dmatch
post #12651 of 12667 Old 02-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ears are now quite old as well yet I've always noted sub-par audio on CBS (Virtual chnl 11)! That good 'ole "sounds like you're talking into a can" limited frequency headroom phenomena.
This occurs whether it's my Samsung's native tuner, my CM7000DVR+, or a Homeworx box doing the demodulating.
post #12652 of 12667 Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Yes, same here. CBS stuff seems quite muffled (limited freq. range) to us. We try to watch Elementary and with Sherlock's British accent and the muffled sound it is hard to understand anything he says. Was almost as bad on Castle but there wasn't an accent problem. Even the Sherlocks we have watched online have this same muffled sound so it's probably the national feeds that are SNAFUed. It's also the same on any TV I have watched it on. CBS uses Dolby E audio and perhaps they just don't know what they are doing.

dmatch
post #12653 of 12667 Old 02-26-2017, 06:12 PM

I watching NCIS:NOLA from 2/7 and I hear the "burps" (it's more like little pops) from my center channel when folks are speaking and there is no other sound/noise. It's pretty noticeable when you listen for it. I recorded it via WMC using OTA. I'm going to try to grab a sample of it and share it if it shows up in the sample. If no one else hears it, I guess it's on my end

Last edited by julesism; 02-26-2017 at 06:15 PM.
post #12654 of 12667 Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 PM

Anyone had trouble getting into the TVFOOL website? Lately, I've not been able to get in. Same thing with the fmfool website. Also, the tvfool thread has now been closed here on AVS. What's going on with Andy? Any one know? thanks. Kelly

(Moderators; Keeping this on-topic, I used the tvfool website to predict reception in the Little Rock area, etc.)
post #12655 of 12667 Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Yep, it's down for me too. Isitdownrightnow.com also shows it's down.

Bummer!

dmatch
post #12656 of 12667 Old 03-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatch View Post
Yep, it's down for me too. Isitdownrightnow.com also shows it's down.

Bummer!

dmatch
Maybe they were hacked. Might be the same issue that caused RabbitEars and RadioDiscussions to go down recently.

James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland
post #12657 of 12667 Old 03-09-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvcg66b3r View Post
Maybe they were hacked. Might be the same issue that caused RabbitEars and RadioDiscussions to go down recently.
What downtime are you referring to on RabbitEars? I'm not aware of any longer than a few minutes.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #12658 of 12667 Old 03-09-2017, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 130
TVFool seems to go down for a day or two every month or two. Never any explanation.
post #12659 of 12667 Old 03-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoswell View Post
Anyone had trouble getting into the TVFOOL website? Lately, I've not been able to get in. Same thing with the fmfool website. Also, the tvfool thread has now been closed here on AVS. What's going on with Andy? Any one know? thanks. Kelly

(Moderators; Keeping this on-topic, I used the tvfool website to predict reception in the Little Rock area, etc.)
It, tvfool website, was still down this morning. But, it's up now (March 10, 2017 1353CST).

Thanks everyone.
Kelly
post #12660 of 12667 Old 03-26-2017, 02:50 PM

Looks like we've got 2 QAMs in MPEG4 on Comcast in central Arkansas. I was updating the line-up on my HDHR and noticed an AVC icon next to QVC-HD and HSN-HD. I fired up the HDHRConfig App and there are 9 HD channels on 2 QAMs. Screenshots attached. I only have basic (locals) TV and Blast internet. I manually scanned QAMs... several have only 2 HD channels but a small handful have 7+. Now if we can just get some content added with the extra space....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 4.40.47 PM.png
Views:	21
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2050609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 4.41.04 PM.png
Views:	24
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2050617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 4.41.21 PM.png
Views:	19
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2050625  

Last edited by julesism; 03-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page