Charleston, SC - HDTV - Page 264 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7891 of 7894 Old 09-27-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Try studying up on QAM channels. They can come, go and change frequently.

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7892 of 7894 Old 09-28-2014, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a new twist to the chaos.

I was watching the end of the Eagles vs. 49ers game on Fox HD. I had The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and the one-hour Family Guy (because it was going to be a Simpsons special) set to record. I stayed on the channel and watched the Simpsons episode along with the Brooklyn Nine-Nine episode, but then stopped playback because I planned to watch the recorded Family Guy episode tomorrow. When I checked the recording of Family Guy, the channel reverted back to "this TV". I wanted to see what the channel looked like when it made the switch so I went to my Brooklyn Nine-Nine recording and that entire recording was of "this TV". Same with The Simpsons.

How is it possible that I actually watched Fox HD but the show that was recorded on what is supposedly the same station "this TV"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Try studying up on QAM channels. They can come, go and change frequently.
I understand that these stations can change, but are my symptoms reflective of common QAM activities? Where I can get Fox HD only if I stop scanning for channels mid-scan but then it will randomly recognize it as a completely different station sometime later in the day? I get all of my local HD stations except for Fox (which randomly went out), then when I do a rescan to try and fix the problem, the only local HD station that comes in is Fox and that's only if I do what is said above?

Last edited by RUsum1; 09-28-2014 at 07:46 PM.
post #7893 of 7894 Old Yesterday, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Could be scrambled channel.

Gary J

post #7894 of 7894 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
According to the FCC database, WCIV and WMMP - effective today - have swapped callsigns. WCIV is now transmitting on ch 36 - virtual ch 36; WMMP is now transmitting on ch 34 - virtual ch 4. Again, all of this is currently in the FCC database. Wish I lived in the Charleston area - can anyone investigate and see what any discreet or almost hidden station IDs are saying? From checking out these stations' websites and FB pages, it's "business as usual" and apparently the change today is going to be virtually transparent to the viewer.

Eric

Eric Calhoun

"If it was simple, anyone could do it" - Roy Clark from Hee Haw
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page