Charleston, SC - HDTV - Page 265 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #7921 of 7922 Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post
Any Slingbox users in Charleston, SC?

I've finally got the Slingbox M1 for Christmas. The reasons I wanted a Slingbox.
1.)To watch out-of-market locals (news and programming) in real-time from Charleston, SC
2.)Our NBC station in Greenville, SC does not carry the 4th hour of Today with Kathie Lee and Hoda.

I've tried to ask my friends on Facebook to have my permission to set up my Slingbox at their house. One of them wanted to become a cord-cutter, and the others didn't reply. I hate forcing to go into "Last Resort" but I don't want to give up my hopes of watching Lowcountry Television. The Slingbox works well with DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and others. http://www.slingbox.com is the website to check it out!

I've tried to upload old logos for you, but it failed!
Instead I get that pesky broken image icon!!!
EPIC FAIL!
I think the Internet GB requirements ($$) might be more of the problem. Connecting the cables to your Slingbox is simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 7922 Old Today, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up Slingbox in Charleston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post
Any Slingbox users in Charleston, SC?

I've finally got the Slingbox M1 for Christmas. The reasons I wanted a Slingbox.
1.)To watch out-of-market locals (news and programming) in real-time from Charleston, SC
2.)Our NBC station in Greenville, SC does not carry the 4th hour of Today with Kathie Lee and Hoda.

I've tried to ask my friends on Facebook to have my permission to set up my Slingbox at their house. One of them wanted to become a cord-cutter, and the others didn't reply. I hate forcing to go into "Last Resort" but I don't want to give up my hopes of watching Lowcountry Television. The Slingbox works well with DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and others.

I've tried to upload old logos for you, but it failed!
Instead I get that pesky broken image icon!!!
EPIC FAIL!
Your cord-cutting friend may be able to help you if you get a used Slingbox Pro-HD (which has a built-in ATSC tuner), or connect an ATSC tuner box to the M1, such as the below which I found on Amazon:

iView 3500STBII Multi-Function Digital Converter Box with Recording and Media Playback (Old Version)

by IVIEW

You connect your friend's antenna to this ATSC tuner (there's a pass-through to the TV), and you connect the tuner to the Slingbox with Component and audio cables, and to the TV with the coax pass-through.

Since there's two separate tuners (one on your friend's TV, and the other on this box) you can be watching different channels simultaneously.

I have a rooftop antenna in Beaufort. Savannah TV comes in fine; the only reliable signals for Charleston these days are WGWG, WTAT, & WCIV, although WCSC & WCBD can be received spotty in the evenings.. Too many trees in the northeast direction, and only an 18ft antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page