Help Choosing Antenna - Camarillo, CA - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help Choosing Antenna - Camarillo, CA

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I may as if I am on the trackfor choosing antenna to install for my girlfriend at her house inCamarillo, CA.

This is my first post so it will not let me post link to TV Fool report. Stations are 57 miles away on top Mt. Wilson serve the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.

I am thinking of getting Antenna's Direct91XG Uni-Directional Antenna with a Channel Master Preamplifier. I seethat there is stations to the west in the Santa Barbara area that I do notcare about. Additionally, I do not care about the VHF channelseither. Would that be a good combo?

Also, she has cable internet and hasan extra line already running to the house for cable TV should she decide toever hook that up. I was planning onreplacing the grounding block that is in there with a dual port grounding blockand connecting the antenna to the other port. Am I able to do that? I was alsogoing to run the ground wire for the antenna mast with the ground wire antennacoaxial cable and put in same grounding block port. Would that be a violation of code? Does mast grounding wire have to be grounded toa grounding rod in the ground?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Go to TVFool.com and follow the directions to make a TV Fool Report for her address. It will show you the stations that you can receive at that location as well as the signal strength. That is necessary before recommending anything. You also might post it on the forum there, since there are a number of knowledgeable people who make antenna recommendations.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Additionally, I do not care about the VHF channelseither.
Are you sure? That decision will cost you your ABC and Fox affiliates as well as a number of other channels.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-26-2016, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Here is a short form link to my TV Fool report:

?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d51347e547b0c7 6

Actually, I misread my report initially, I definitely do not want to lose ABC and FOX so after doing some research over the weekend I thought about this set up and wanted to know what you guys think. I created a user id for the TV Fool forum but am still currently in the moderation queue and am not able to post yet. Any ways, here is what I was going to do after research this weekend.

91 XG Uni-Directional Antenna for UHF
Clearstream 5 for VHF
Signal Combiner
Clearstream Juice Preamplifier

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page