TVFool Report - Antenna Suggestion Needed - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2016, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
TVFool Report - Antenna Suggestion Needed

I think I have an issue picking up VHF signals but would like confirmation from those that are more knowledgeable on OTA reception and recommendations on how best to get reception for ABC-WJLA and CBS-WUSA.

I purchased an OTA HD antenna on Amazon (
1byone OUS00-0565 Shiny Antenna 25 Miles Super Thin HDTV Antenna with 16.5ft High Performance Coaxial Cable) and run it through a Silicon HD Homerun Extend. It has worked great, giving me 22 channels but I'm not getting ABC-WJLA or CBS-WUSA.

Here's my tvfool map:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d513477674adcd 1

The antenna is currently in the middle of my house on the main floor. I'm looking for suggestions on whether placing the antenna elsewhere will resolve my issues or if I should just give up and get a different type of antenna to put on my roof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2016, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Go to Walmart and get a basic RCA rabbit ears for $9.99 and see if that helps. Rabbit ears may be better designed for VHF such as 7 and 9. You can combine with a UVSJ from Radioshack or try a reverse splitter. Often those flat panel antennas are better designed for UHF. If you need an amp Walmart also sells RCA inline amp for $16.99, but that may not be necessary but sometimes they help.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks! My RCA rabbit ears should arrive tomorrow - I'll post an update once I've done some testing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception