Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #4951 of 5036 Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 53

OK. So what I'm taking away from this discussion is that if you subscribe to digital cable, you pretty much have to use hardware from the cable company in some form.

That is, you either use the set-top box that the cable company provides, or you use your own device but have to equip it with a cable card from the cable company.

Either way, you have to pay rental fees to the cable company. I would imagine that the situation is similar for satellite.

But what if you just want to combine OTA TV with whatever is freely available over the internet or available over the internet for a small monthly fee?

Does that require any special hardware? Couldn't you just connect a laptop computer directly to your TV and use the TV as a big computer monitor when you're not watching OTA?

So what exactly do these devices such as HDHomerun, Roku, Blu-Ray players, etc. do? I guess they must provide some kind of software (program guide) that allows you to record programs to the computer's hard drive and receive streamed content from Netflix and other providers.

When you use OTA and one of the devices mentioned above, do you have to manually switch between inputs (switch between antenna and the device)?.

That would not be horrible. Years ago anybody who had satellite had to also have an antenna to receive the local broadcast stations because back then the satellite systems were not allowed to carry the local stations. It was a tiny hassle to switch between satellite and antenna, but it was only a minor inconvenience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 5036 Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedon View Post

OK. So what I'm taking away from this discussion is that if you subscribe to digital cable, you pretty much have to use hardware from the cable company in some form.
That is, you either use the set-top box that the cable company provides, or you use your own device but have to equip it with a cable card from the cable company.
Either way, you have to pay rental fees to the cable company. I would imagine that the situation is similar for satellite.
Exactly, at least once the cable companies encrypt everything. That has always been true for satellite, since TVs don't come with satellite receivers built in.
Quote:
But what if you just want to combine OTA TV with whatever is freely available over the internet or available over the internet for a small monthly fee?
Does that require any special hardware? Couldn't you just connect a laptop computer directly to your TV and use the TV as a big computer monitor when you're not watching OTA?
Yes, and many do. It doesn't have to be a laptop, of course.
Quote:
So what exactly do these devices such as HDHomerun, Roku, Blu-Ray players, etc. do? I guess they must provide some kind of software (program guide) that allows you to record programs to the computer's hard drive and receive streamed content from Netflix and other providers.
Each has its own capabilities, although there is some overlap. The Roku is primarily for Internet streams, although I think I read something about a digital TV tuner add-on. A Blu-ray player plays the discs, of course, but most also can play certain Internet streams. Both devices (and other media players) can connect directly to a TV, usually over HDMI.

There are several HDHomeRun models for different purposes. All receive TV signals ONLY and output to a computer over Ethernet. You can't connect one directly to a TV. They include a minimal ability to tune channels and display them on a computer but the company expects you to use them with another program. There are several programs for Windows, Apple and Linux; some free, some not. I use CW_EPG (free, but requires a $25/year guide service subscription) to schedule recordings. I play them back with other programs or a WDTV media player. If you go this route, get the dual tuner for ATSC (US OTA and clear QAM). Current model is HDHR3. Avoid the Prime, a.k.a. HDHR3-CC, which is strictly for US cable.
Quote:
When you use OTA and one of the devices mentioned above, do you have to manually switch between inputs (switch between antenna and the device)?.
Sure, if you have multiple sources you have to switch among them. If each has its own input to the TV or is the TV itself you can do that with the TV remote. A computer can do most of the things you want so you could use that as your only video source.
post #4953 of 5036 Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My set up is this tv: http://store.vizio.com/catalog/product/view/id/127/

It currently has cable running to it w/o a cable box. The cable box is located in a different room.

My apartment has cable jacks in each bedroom & living room.

What I need to do is connect the cable line & HD antenna cable to the tv in the link above. I connect either cable and each work fine on there own.

I tried an old coax splitter, and got a very poor signal. I tried to get a A?B switch, but wasn't able to. So I got one of these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103923

When I hooked it up it worked better than the old splitter I tried. But it was perfect, some channels came in fine. But several were snowy. After switching the cables around it worked a little better.

Is there anyway I could boost the signal using the splitter/combiner?

Would it be possible to convert a coax cable to RCA? What about coax to HDMI ? Could I try an Over The Air (OTA) receiver ?
post #4954 of 5036 Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2tvClassics View Post

My set up is this tv: http://store.vizio.com/catalog/product/view/id/127/

It currently has cable running to it w/o a cable box. The cable box is located in a different room.

My apartment has cable jacks in each bedroom & living room.

What I need to do is connect the cable line & HD antenna cable to the tv in the link above. I connect either cable and each work fine on there own.

I tried an old coax splitter, and got a very poor signal. I tried to get a A?B switch, but wasn't able to. So I got one of these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103923

When I hooked it up it worked better than the old splitter I tried. But it was perfect, some channels came in fine. But several were snowy. After switching the cables around it worked a little better.

Is there anyway I could boost the signal using the splitter/combiner?

Would it be possible to convert a coax cable to RCA? What about coax to HDMI ? Could I try an Over The Air (OTA) receiver ?

It is not entirely clear to me what you are trying to combine with that combiner-splitter. If you are trying to combine a cable TV feed with an OTA antenna feed, I don't think that will work. That combiner seems to be designed to combine the feed from a VHF antenna with the feed from a UHF antenna. (As a splitter, it could be used to split a cable feed into two feeds or to split an OTA feed into two feeds. But any kind of splitting often weakens the signal.)

If you really want all of your inputs to go into that single RF jack on your TV set, then I really think an A/B switch is your simplest and cheapest option.

You keep mentioning a "snowy" picture, which makes me think that some of the signals you are dealing with are analog, not digital. With digital signals, there is no snowiness. There may be pixellation or instability in tuning the signal, but you don't get a steady but snowy picture as in the days of analog reception.

I took a look at the cable channels that you listed in post #4924. Some of them have two-digit channel numbers (23 through 71) and some have three-digit numbers. It is possible that the two-digit channels are analog signals (unless your cable company has gone all-digital). If so, you could use an old VCR to tune those cable channels, and that would free up your single RF jack for OTA (antenna) use.

Just attach the cable feed to the VCR and run a composite output from the VCR to the TV set. That would allow you to view any analog channels (including WRGB if your cable company sends you the local channels in both analog and digital).

The downside to that would be that you would not be able to view any digital channels that are in your cable subscription (and the cable company will likely eliminate the analog channels over time).. And, of course, analog signals cannot carry high def, so for high def versions of the local stations, you would have to use the antenna.

post #4955 of 5036 Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Well my initial attempts at combining my tv sources failed. So I made another trip to RadioShack and got this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049643

I wasn't to happy having to use another remote control, but I got it anyway. The cables connected very easily on the back of the unit. It couldn't have been any easier:

Source A, To TV, Source B

So to make things easy to remember I connected my OTA Antenna that shaped like an A into the Source A connection, and the Cable into Source B.

After all the coax cables were connected, I plugged in the A-B switches power cable. I turned on my tv and let her rip. I still need to go into my tvs MENU to switch signal source,
but it works great. The switch couldn't be any easier with a two button remote, or one button on the switch itself.

Thx for all the help with this problem. I'm one step closer to ditch cable (well at least some of it). lol smile.gif
post #4956 of 5036 Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well my initial attempts at combining my tv sources failed. So I made another trip to RadioShack and got this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049643

I wasn't to happy having to use another remote control, but I got it anyway. The cables connected very easily on the back of the unit. It couldn't have been any easier:

Source A, To TV, Source B

So to make things easy to remember I connected my OTA Antenna that shaped like an A into the Source A connection, and the Cable into Source B.

After all the coax cables were connected, I plugged in the A-B switches power cable. I turned on my tv and let her rip. I still need to go into my tvs MENU to switch signal source,
but it works great. The switch couldn't be any easier with a two button remote, or one button on the switch itself.

Thx for all the help with this problem. I'm one step closer to ditch cable (well at least some of it). lol smile.gif

Glad it worked. Anything that makes OTA viewing more convenient is a good thing, in my opinion.

post #4957 of 5036 Old 03-23-2013, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is WNYT's repeater on West Mountain RF Channel 45 in Glens Falls still in testing phase, or is it officially on the air? They don't mention it on their station ID splashes, and I noticed it keeps doing something where it ends up resetting my Channel Master DVR and losing anything I have set to record on it. Even though I'm in Glens Falls, my antenna set up (luckily) receives all the Albany "community tower" stations, &*and* WNYA. RF Channel 39, WCWN is by far the best signal I can receive here, even better than WNCE RF 31. Thanks.
post #4958 of 5036 Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM

IN2tv
On page 41 of your TV manual it says,

Partial Channel Search
If you believe channels are missed from the auto search, you can do a partial
channel search to look for channel in a certain channel range again. Press the
down button to highlight the Partial Channel Search selection.
Press the right button to enter the submenu.
Press the right button to select scan mode to look for Analog, Digital, or both
Analog/Digital channels.
Press the down button to highlight the “To” and “From” selection. Press the right
button to select the range of channel numbers you want to start searching in.
Press MENU to start channel search.
Once the adjustments are completed press the LAST button repeatedly to exit
the OSD

Skip Channel
After the TV has stored all of the available DTV channels in memory you will
find that some channels will be too weak to watch comfortably or they may be
channels you do not want to see. Select the channel you wish to remove,
press MENU and right buttons to open the TV TUNER SETUP menu and then
press the down button to highlight SKIP CHANNEL. Press the right button to select
this channel to be skipped when using the CH+ or CH- button. You will still be
able to select this channel using the number buttons on the remote control.

Your TV is strange in that you can't manually enter an RF channel.
You can do a partial scan for just the channel you want to find with out wiping out the whole scan.
Just search from channel 6 to channel 6 and move your antenna around while searching.
You may want to check under skip channels to see if 6 is there, most tuners remember every station they've ever tuned and then you go in and hide what you don't want in the line up.
Happy hunting
post #4959 of 5036 Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hound View Post

IN2tv
Your TV is strange in that you can't manually enter an RF channel.
You can do a partial scan for just the channel you want to find with out wiping out the whole scan.
Just search from channel 6 to channel 6 and move your antenna around while searching.
You may want to check under skip channels to see if 6 is there, most tuners remember every station they've ever tuned and then you go in and hide what you don't want in the line up.
Happy hunting

Ok it's been a while since I got my OTA HD Antenna working. It was working great for a while, with only a few hiccups in the signal.
RadioShack® Indoor HDTV Antenna
Model:15-246 | Catalog #: 15-246

Being on the first floor does pose minor problems to the signal. Plenty of neighbors with cellphones galore. frown.gif

Most of the channels come in fine. But I'm having trouble with my favorite station: WNYA-DT2 51.2 Antenna TV
When it comes in, it's crystal clear. This past week it's been dodgy. It comes in fine for a while, then it freezes. Or it shows the commercials fine,
then craps out during the tv shows. frown.gif
I've checked http://www.antennaweb.org/ for the data on the station locations for my location.

RF Channel 6 = 17 miles @ 252 degrees (yellow)

WRGB-DT1 6.1 CBS
WRGB-DT2 6.2 ThisTV
WRGB-DT3 6.2 CBS Weather

RF Channel 7 = 17 miles @ 252 degrees (yellow)

WXXA-DT1 23.1 FOX
WXXA-DT2 23.2 COUNTRY MUSIC

RF Channel 12 = 17 miles @ 252 degrees (yellow)

WNYT-DT1 13.1 NBC
WNYT-DT2 13.2 MeTV
WNYT-DT3 13.3 NBC Weather

RF Channel 13 = 16 miles @ 254 degrees (yellow)

WNYA-DT1 51.1 MyTV4
WNYA-DT2 51.2 Antenna TV

RF Channel 26 = 17 miles @ 252 degrees (yellow)

WTEN-DT1 10.1 ABC
WTEN-DT2 10.2 ABC Weather
WTEN-DT3 10.3 LWN

RF Channel 34 = 17 miles @ 254 degrees (yellow)

WMHT-DT1 17.1 PBS HD
WMHT-DT2 17.2 Create
WMHT-DT3 17.3 World

RF Channel 43 = 17 miles @ 252 degrees (yellow)

WCWN-DT1 45.1 CW
WCWN-DT3 45.3 CBS

RF Channel 50 = 32 miles @ 309 degrees (violet)

WYPX-DT1 55.1 ION
WYPX-DT2 55.2 QUBO
WYPX-DT3 55.3 IONLIFE
WYPX-DT4 55.4 ShopTV

What can I do to get better reception? I can only move the antenna around so much. Amplifier, foil, extra antenna?
post #4960 of 5036 Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

IN2tvClassics:
I'm about 10 miles from the Helderberg antennas. WNYA has always been the weakest of the stations on the hill. Right now my HDHomeRun is showing a signal strength of 72% on WNYA (RF 13) compared with 94% on WNYT (RF 12). I'm not surprised you're having trouble with it. You might get some improvement by optimizing your rabbit ears for channel 13, although you might have to readjust it for channel 6. See How to use Rabbit Ears for tips.

I'm guessing you can't install an antenna outdoors and don't have room for a large one indoors. If you have some twin lead handy you could build a folded dipole antenna cut for channel 13 from plans here. I made one for channel 6 that works well enough for the other VHF channels (7, 12 and 13). I use a 4-bay bowtie for UHF.

An amplifier probably won't help you unless its noise figure is significantly lower than that of your TV tuner. The only way to find that out is to get a low-noise preamp such as the Channel Master CM7777 and try it. You'd probably be better off to improve your antenna. A good rule of thumb is that if an antenna preamp doesn't list its noise figure in its specifications, it's too high.
post #4961 of 5036 Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 AM

Having a antenna outside of any size is not an option. A larger indoor antenna also isn't an option.

The readjustment link you posted, doesn't help me much. I'm not very keen on this stuff.

Would a second antenna like the one I currently have help in anyway?
post #4962 of 5036 Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quote:

The readjustment link you posted, doesn't help me much. I'm not very keen on this stuff.
Taking a closer look at the antenna lengths recommended in that link, I don't know where they got their numbers. They're not close to the half-wavelengths I would expect and in the list for the rabbit ears set horizontally the lengths increase between channels 6 and 7. I'd expect them to decrease with increasing frequency.

Try this: set the arms of the rabbit ears as nearly horizontal as possible. Extend each the same length to 26"-27" tip-to-tip. Use the AntennaWeb map for your location to see what direction WNYA is and orient the antenna broadside to that direction. Move the antenna around to see if reception improves. Keep it away from the TV and other electronic and electrical devices that may generate interference and remember that your nearness to the antenna will also affect it. You may want to add a coax extension to maximize the possible locations. If your TV doesn't have any sort of signal level or quality display but does have an analog tuner, you can try a trick in this area: WNYA still has a low power analog transmission on channel 15 from the same location. Use it to adjust for best picture. Channel 15 is UHF and much higher in frequency than channel 13 so your antenna will actually be using the loop antenna that I assume is in the fancy housing. The best setting for 15 may not be best for 13 but it's worth a shot.
Quote:
Would a second antenna like the one I currently have help in anyway?
It's possible to improve reception of one channel with two or more antennas but you need to really understand antenna theory to have any likelihood of success. The practical answer is no.
post #4963 of 5036 Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM

I have moved my antenna slightly and I was able to get a better signal for most of the channels. All the channels come in clear, but two get reception problems.

RF Channel 13 = 16 miles @ 254 degrees (yellow)

WNYA-DT1 51.1 MyTV4
WNYA-DT2 51.2 Antenna TV

It seems like my neighbors cause those two stations interference. Whenever my neighbors walk around above my antenna the signal weakens or drops out.

The other channels are not effected in any way. These channels are tied together, so if ones out the others out. frown.gif

Would an amplifier or amplified antenna fix this problem? How about different coax cables?

If I can get this problem fixed, Id be golden. smile.gif
post #4964 of 5036 Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quote:

It seems like my neighbors cause those two stations interference. Whenever my neighbors walk around above my antenna the signal weakens or drops out.
It sounds like you found the best spot for your antenna is near the ceiling and you're getting variable multipath interference from the tenants on the floor above you. Neither an amp nor better coax will help with that (unless the coax you have now is defective). An amp will just amplify the multipath along with the direct signal and, while RG-6 is recommended for new installations because it has lower loss than the older RG-59, particularly at higher frequencies, even RG-59 will work fine for channel 13.

A dipole antenna like your rabbit ears receives just as well from above and below as it does horizontally. If you can't get good reception with the antenna far from the ceiling you could try to mount a metal shield of some sort on the ceiling. Aluminum foil, metal window screen or even chicken wire might work. The shield might or might not work better if grounded. I haven't tried anything like this (no need) so I leave it to others with more experience or your own experimentation.
post #4965 of 5036 Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM

May or may not be of interest, but WNYT has a bid to purchase WNYA. In their fillings with the fcc, they are promising to use WNYA, which is licensed to Pittsfield, to better serve the Berkshires. Take it for what it is worth, but maybe we will see something done to get better coverage in the Berkshires. It is an interesting development that 6 and 10 are using their sister stations to expand news coverage. Maybe 13 will do the same, or maybe they put AntennaTV on the main WNYA feed, My4 is bleeding money right now.
post #4966 of 5036 Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 AM

What are the HD boxes that TW is using in Albany these days? I am moving out there in the next week.
post #4967 of 5036 Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM

I don't have cable.
Anyone else?
post #4968 of 5036 Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Folks..... I've been a lurker here for a little while, but just thought, hey, I might as well chime in biggrin.gif

I'm in the Schenectady area, and have two main TV's. One is on cable, and the other runs off a rooftop Clearstream 2 antenna. Before the Clearstream, I'd had several indoor antennas, from an RCA, to the Terk, to a Lava (which are all VHF/UHF). Although my OTA reception was ok, I still couldn't get 6.1 or 6.2 and WXXA was problematic as well. And THIS is being only 10 miles from the Heldeberg farm! So after seeing the Clearstream at BJ's, I was excited to give it a try. The CS2 is primarily UHF, but all our VHF's (including WRGB and "THIS TV") come in perfectly. I'll get some occasional pixilating(sp?) moments on ch. 6 but it's not that often. WXXA and WNYA are solid now as well. Even while aming south to the Heldeberg's, I also get all four Amsterdam ION stations, (I would guess probably about 50%)-- [My TV doesn't give signal strength]. Analog ch. 15 is no different in clarity than everything else.

I cannot get ch. 14 WYBN --- but wish I could. Several months ago I had a few emails back and forth with the engineer there and he saw no reason why I couldn't receive it. I even tried an RCA pre-amp which came well recommended. But as has been discussed on this forum before, it only made the stations I DID get, worse! TV Fool puts WYBN way down on my reception grid, giving it a 2Edge designation at 37 miles. What I thought was really odd, was back in February I think, when I took my portable Visio TV along with the Terk portable antenna (un-amplified) down to the Heldeberg's (and surrounding area) just to see what I could log on it. Depending on the aiming direction, the pickup was outstanding ... Utica, Kingston, Rutland, Burlington and Plattsburgh! --- except I still couldn't get WYBN on it -- and yes I was pointing it southwest at the time.

Does anyone here receive WYBN? -- even occasionally?
post #4969 of 5036 Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Check back to post #4861 in this thread.
post #4970 of 5036 Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

I can update that post. On a later trip through Windham I was able to get WYBN using the same equipment. But I've never been able to get them in this area, even on a hilltop in Berne where I could get stations from Utica and Burlington well enough to see an occasional picture. I think WYBN's claim that they serve the Capital District is a stretch, like their claim that they are based in Cobleskill.
post #4971 of 5036 Old 06-05-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post

I think WYBN's claim that they serve the Capital District is a stretch, like their claim that they are based in Cobleskill.

Yes, I remember when they were signing on initially, and it was trumpeted with an article in the Times Union announcing the first new Capital Region TV station in over a decade! I got excited for nothing mad.gif Well I guess in regards to Cobleskill, that was where the channel allocation was set. They need a city of license regardless.
post #4972 of 5036 Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 PM

The transmitter for WRGB 24 in Kingston, NY seems to be acting fishy the past 3 weeks. For 15 minutes every hour the signal goes out just drops with no clouds in the sky. It's been like this for 3 weeks now. The past two weeks its been 15 minutes every hour, I noticed today its 20 minutes every hour. Does not matter the time of day, but 15-20 minutes every hour for 24 hours it does it. Wonder what could be causing it
post #4973 of 5036 Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM

WRGB channel 24...is that a translator station by some chance? Is Kingston still considered to be in the Albany/Schenectady DMA? confused.gif
post #4974 of 5036 Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINL71 View Post

WRGB channel 24...is that a translator station by some chance? Is Kingston still considered to be in the Albany/Schenectady DMA? confused.gif

Yes its a translator. Kingston is in the NYC DMA but WRGB & WTEN air on Time Warner along with the NYC channels. WRGB, WTEN, & WXXA are listed on FCC's Significantly viewed list for Ulster County along with the NYC locals.

In August 2012 the translator stopped broadcasting and according to WRGB EngDept on here he said the main breaker tripped, one of the power supplies were no good, & all the fuses for each output devices on both power amplifier modules blown. He got it working out on reduced power by borrowing stuff from a transmitter no longer in service. From August to May it was working good but now something is wrong
post #4975 of 5036 Old 07-29-2013, 05:04 AM

On Friday I happened to catch the Mets on 6-3, while WRGB was carrying the Yanks on the regular 6-1 channel. Seemed odd that they would put the Mets on 6-3 when they were only carrying their regular trailer trash type programming on CW15 and could have easily put them there. The quality on 6-3 is poor compared to CW15 for sure. I only caught the end really because I didn't know they were on there and only stumbled across it just in time to see the Mets flush another Harvey gem down the crapper. After scoring 11 in the opener with Washington, they managed 3 runs the next three games. Oh the joys of being a Mets fan!

Dave
post #4976 of 5036 Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
6-3? Do you mean 6-2, or has WRGB added another subchannel?

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #4977 of 5036 Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 PM

I did not see the braodcast but, the advetisement for the game said 6-2.
post #4978 of 5036 Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 AM

Sorry, 6-2. I did not see an advertisement though was it run on 6?

Dave
post #4979 of 5036 Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 PM

I saw the advert during the channel 6 local news broadcast.
post #4980 of 5036 Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davird_Jr View Post

On Friday I happened to catch the Mets on 6-3, while WRGB was carrying the Yanks on the regular 6-1 channel. Seemed odd that they would put the Mets on 6-3 when they were only carrying their regular trailer trash type programming on CW15 and could have easily put them there. The quality on 6-3 is poor compared to CW15 for sure. I only caught the end really because I didn't know they were on there and only stumbled across it just in time to see the Mets flush another Harvey gem down the crapper. After scoring 11 in the opener with Washington, they managed 3 runs the next three games. Oh the joys of being a Mets fan!

I noticed last week when the Mets were on 6.2 ( I think it was a Sunday playing @ the Padres) that WRGB actually switched to a 16:9 format, showing the game in proper widescreen format. I don't think I have ever seen a station go from a 4:3 on a subchannel to a 16:9 for a sporting event. Nice to see people at the station know what they are doing.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page