4Likes
post #5101 of 5107 Old 03-02-2015, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
01/16/15
Not so fast: Live Well Network, the digital subchannel carried by WLS-Channel 7 and other ABC-owned stations, won’t be signing off Friday after all.

ABC Owned Television Stations Group announced last June that it would cease operation of the network at the end of this week. But the company now says it will continue to air reruns of Live Well programming for at least the next two months on its eight owned stations, including Chicago’s ABC 7, which launched the network in 2009.
Thought we were rid of it. Now we're looking at the end of March.
Anyone hear what might take its' place?

Grit TV was a good choice but, the resolution makes it unwatchable at times and that's on an SDTV! Hd is pretty much horrendous. Black and white look the best.
Don't need another oldies TV/movie station, must be something worthwhile out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5102 of 5107 Old 03-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Media General has been the only company that hasnt announced its post Live Well plans.
And by the way...LWN will be around til April when Laff takes the place on the SD counterpart of ABC O&O (and Scripps stations will get the station too)
post #5103 of 5107 Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
Thought we were rid of it. Now we're looking at the end of March.
Anyone hear what might take its' place?

Don't need another oldies TV/movie station, must be something worthwhile out there?
Yes, I thought it would've been off by now too. However we disagree on a replacement. I've been hoping for "GetTV" (the classic movie network) for months. And there's also another classic channel debuting in May... Decades. However I don't believe either of these would be WTEN candidates. GetTV was sold only to Sinclair stations last year, and Decades WILL be a CBS o&o channel.

Unfortunately, watchable or not, Grit doesn't do anything for me.
post #5104 of 5107 Old 03-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYota1 View Post
GetTV was sold only to Sinclair stations last year,
Sincalir signed a deal for GetTv. They didnt buy it so any station in your market could carry it

Quote:
and Decades WILL be a CBS o&o channel.
tell that to Bonten Media who added it to their stations in Bristol, TN and Greenville, NC
Tell that to Major Market Broadcasting who just added it to the station in Fargo, ND
Milwaukee has it on their CBS which is owned by Weigel (ok yeah they own 1/2 of Decades too)
post #5105 of 5107 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
Sincalir signed a deal for GetTv. They didnt buy it so any station in your market could carry it

tell that to Bonten Media who added it to their stations in Bristol, TN and Greenville, NC
Tell that to Major Market Broadcasting who just added it to the station in Fargo, ND
Milwaukee has it on their CBS which is owned by Weigel (ok yeah they own 1/2 of Decades too)
Oh okay, I stand corrected! Thanks for the info.
post #5106 of 5107 Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

no problem. With "Decades" I can see that added in a lot of areas due to the agreement with Weigel (who owns MeTV and 1/2 of Movies!). The only "sure thing" about Decades was that the CBS O&O stations will add it (16 stations in 14 markets. My market of Minneapolis, MN is the oddball. We have 3 CBS O&O stations in the market. WCCO is the mothership based in Mpls. KCCO & KCCW are full satellites of WCCO to get CBS to other parts of the market)

Looking at your market you have TWO Sinclair owned stations. WRGB CBS and WCWN CW. So as to why they havent added it to one of those stations is odd.
post #5107 of 5107 Unread Today, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
no problem. With "Decades" I can see that added in a lot of areas due to the agreement with Weigel (who owns MeTV and 1/2 of Movies!). The only "sure thing" about Decades was that the CBS O&O stations will add it (16 stations in 14 markets. My market of Minneapolis, MN is the oddball. We have 3 CBS O&O stations in the market. WCCO is the mothership based in Mpls. KCCO & KCCW are full satellites of WCCO to get CBS to other parts of the market)

Looking at your market you have TWO Sinclair owned stations. WRGB CBS and WCWN CW. So as to why they havent added it to one of those stations is odd.
...and I have the feeling we're going to remain in that "odd" position...although time will tell. The most recent addition was GritTV, which is on a WCWN sub-channel. WRGB (6) also has an SD sub-channel within WCWN (45.3), since the digital switch kept them on RF 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page