Kansas City, MO - HDTV - Page 301 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

Old 02-26-2017, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGOMRJSURF View Post
Yes I knew that and they could just do all the Newscast on it and have no local ones on NBC/FOX/CBS.
That would be idiotic as there are some cable systems who have the networks but not the subs like that 24/7 replay/new newscast station. The station (KNPN) is a LP station so if you live a smidge outside of St Joe you may not pick it up. Plus newscasts are vital to the actual affiliate.

Quote:
Also KC Stations cover News/Weather/Sports all the way to NB/Iowa Boarders.
Thats nice but again I'm sure most people in KC dont care about what happens in St Joseph (I've already listed reasons) because it is a different market.

Quote:
Also have to wait intill like maybe Contracts are up for renewal like KSHB Laff,FOX4KC This TV,KMCI Grit,Escape TV,KCTV5 Comet TV to get them on CCI.
what does this have to do with CBS in St Joe? Oh yeah...NOTHING!!! Just like you do everywhere else you just spam the same thing about what you want on cable TV. It gets real annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 39
UH - ignore list is your friend, as I had to do in this case myself...unfortunately, it does NOT hide it when you quote his inane, senseless, & repetitive babble
Old 02-27-2017, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...188055#station Update CW Sub Channel of NBC and know CW+ and CBS own Channel with Telemundo as a Sub Channel but no new Sub Channels to St. Joseph yet.

Guess Comet TV/This TV,other local Government Channels/Spectrum Sports/Weather,Metro Weather,Low Power Stations will get on Google Fiber's Spring Lineup. Also Spectrum's next notice will have in it Chiller leaving maybe.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The reason its updated is because I sent Trip the updates after doing some investigating.

And I see you went on your google/cable adding station rampage just like you do pretty much in every post
Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 AM

Thanks and hope it wasn't Wiki because it's not always right.
On another forum here they keep saying what they hope is in next Spectrum Orlando Bill and yes Spectrumkc is missing Sub Channels.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yet you seem to quote wiki all the time thinking its gospel
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdoc View Post
The first thing that jumps out from the drawing is the 8-way splitter. Even with only 4 ports used, the loss is around 10.5dB. Add the cable loss, for a total of 12dB loss to the 4 runs.

Unless I missed something, the problem I have heard is a problem picking up ch 5; and in more detail, a problem getting ch 5 and 50 at all? or intermittently, at 2 of the tv's. Has this problem always been there with this setup or has something deteriorated over time?

If the 2 HomeRun tuners are ok from the 4-way splitter/amp, that would seem to indicate that all is ok to that point. The 10dB amp makes up the loss of the 4-way (7dB) and cable to the 8-way. Good quality RG-6 (Belden 1829A) has a loss of about 5dB per 100' at the UHF frequencies of KC signals. I would try replacing the 8-way with a 4-way. Or you could bypass that splitter completely (temporarily) with one tv at a time using a barrel-type coupler to join the cable to and from the 8-way to the tv and see if that tv is ok without the splitter.

If there are problems at the two HomeRun tuners as well, that would indicate a problem with the signal to the antenna. One thing I always do first when troubleshooting is to reseat all connections and check for any problems with the connector or cable as well when doing this. In this case the connections from 8-way to problem tv's should be checked.
dbdoc. I had port terminators on the 8way splitter. Tonight I removed it and put in a 3way.

Before I did this my sitting room tv showed chan 5 signal strength at 60. I then pulled that cable back and hooked directly to the amp, still 60.

I did find why my living room tv was not receiving chan 50.1. I thought it was cabling, so i swapped(I have two cables to most jacks , this was due to ex sat-tv install). Ultimately it wasn't cabling but a re-tune was required on the tv. Found that after i moved it to another room. At least it wasnt a tube tv lol.

I did turn the antenna a bit, and that seems to have helped some, but now I am still getting cutout on Ch 5 occasionally.

I will get a small tv connected to the feed going from antenna into the house and chk levels then go inside before/after the amp to check.

t
Old 03-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The channel 5 tower is by itself in location from you. It is starting to sound like an antenna reception problem. May be something blocking signal; trees, building, etc. Always had this problem? Do that check directly from the antenna. Aiming, moving antenna are some things to try. Also, it is usually better, if gain is needed, to use a preamp mounted at the antenna than an amp/splitter installed down the line. But with ch 5 supposedly your hottest signal (tv fool), overload of your amp/splitter could even be a problem.

And not all tuners are created equally. Some handle low/hot signal levels better than others and pretty much all newer tuners handle multipath/interference better than older ones.
Old Today, 06:07 PM

http://www.nab.org/repacking/clearinghouse.asp Might want to rescan your TV. Don't know if it effects Lineups or like KMCI becomes a Sub Channel of KSHB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement