ATMC cable service NC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-24-2016, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
ATMC cable service NC

I am moving into the Brunswick Forest community in Leland NC (outside Wilmington) next month. The community is serviced by ATMC with their focus fiber optic service. Does anyone here have any experience with this system? Mainly clear quam channels, or any other experiences, etc. I had Fios in New York and used a cable card and a Silicondust Prime tuner with great success but am told that focus doesn't work with cable cards. i thought all cable systems were required by law to work with cable cards. Anyone know if this is true? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
You already have a post going in the Wilmington, NC thread. Might be best to concentrate there as very few people scan this whole section. Fish where the fish are, I guess.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdro View Post
I am moving into the Brunswick Forest community in Leland NC (outside Wilmington) next month. The community is serviced by ATMC with their focus fiber optic service.
I assume you found their website - http://www.atmc.com/

From what I saw, it appears they are running a traditional cable system, & also a fiber system "in select areas"...so it's going to depend on which "system" you go on. But from what I found on their website, it appears the traditional system uses standard (Moto) cable boxes, & DOES offer cablecards as well.
Don't know about ClearQAM...but the fact they also offer Moto DTA's tells me the likelyhood of it isn't good...

Quote:
focus doesn't work with cable cards. i thought all cable systems were required by law to work with cable cards. Anyone know if this is true? A
If you go on the fiber system, you are provided IPTV based equipment instead, which will NOT be compatible at all with your current setup. And no, IPTV-based (cable) systems are NOT required to offer cable cards at all. (ie: like U-verse, Prism, etc.)
post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2016, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
I assume you found their website - http://www.atmc.com/

From what I saw, it appears they are running a traditional cable system, & also a fiber system "in select areas"...so it's going to depend on which "system" you go on. But from what I found on their website, it appears the traditional system uses standard (Moto) cable boxes, & DOES offer cablecards as well.
Don't know about ClearQAM...but the fact they also offer Moto DTA's tells me the likelyhood of it isn't good...

If you go on the fiber system, you are provided IPTV based equipment instead, which will NOT be compatible at all with your current setup. And no, IPTV-based (cable) systems are NOT required to offer cable cards at all. (ie: like U-verse, Prism, etc.)
Thanks for the reply. Bummer that I can't use the prime. Looks like I will be installing an antenna for the locals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page