time related reception issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
  • 1 Post By bobby94928
Old 06-06-2016, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
time related reception issue

Winegard FlatWave Air VHF/UHF Outdoor Amplified Antenna (60 Mile Range)

50ft RG-6 cable with inline amp (near the TV) included with the antenna

I installed this antenna on the roof of my family member's house with flat face of antenna facing at about 330 degrees (North by Northwest). All the standard VHF channels pull in (2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 - virtual stn number). The problem is that Ch 7 starts to breakup after watching for 5-10 min beginning around 4pm. The other channels aren't affected.

Winegard customer service said antenna not built to receive low-VHF. Do not think KGO-TV is Lo-VHF. TV receiver scan produces two 7.1 channels. Tried both, but pixilation and loss of sound occurs sporadically. They suggest calling station or Coit tower (35 miles away), because problem seems to be subject to certain time frame not antenna.

What can I do to get channel 7 better and still keep other channels? Is this the wrong antenna for the job?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2016, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
The first thing you want to do is torepeat your post in the proper area and you will get some good answers.

San Francisco, CA - OTA
ejb1980 likes this.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 1222

Always read threads that say Mandatory read *** before *** posting ..before posting. Saves you time by directing you to the place that'll give you the fastest answers.

Also, including a LINK to your TVFool.com report is highly recommended. If you don't have enough posts to put in a link, PM me and I'll edit it in for you.

Thanks and welcome to AVS.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links