Santa Barbara, CA; Santa Maria, CA; San Luis Obispo, CA - HDTV - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1261 of 1271 Old 07-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc05 View Post
Is anyone else getting pixellation on KSBY lately? The news was blocky and Hannibal last night was almost unwatchable. It's not happening on other channels...wondering if anyone else is seeing anything?
I'm in Arroyo Grande and am seeing pixelation on KSBY and CW as well. I just hooked my OTA antenna back up to my HDHomerun Dual, which is used by Windows Media Center to feed an XBMC frontend. The pixelation looks similar to the screen shots a few posts above. The signal strength is pretty much 100% at all times for KSBY. I also get KEYT from the SLO/Cuesta Ridge repeater (31) and KCOY/KKFX from SM as well. Those channels look perfect even though their signal strength is weaker. I'd say the pixelation occurs once or twice a minute, just enough to be annoying. I have my antenna in the attic, which isn't ideal, but didn't want to mount it outside unless I was pretty confident that I needed to. Anyone else still seeing occasional pixelation on KSBY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1271 Old 07-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant25 View Post
I'm in Arroyo Grande and am seeing pixelation on KSBY and CW as well. I just hooked my OTA antenna back up to my HDHomerun Dual, which is used by Windows Media Center to feed an XBMC frontend. The pixelation looks similar to the screen shots a few posts above. The signal strength is pretty much 100% at all times for KSBY. I also get KEYT from the SLO/Cuesta Ridge repeater (31) and KCOY/KKFX from SM as well. Those channels look perfect even though their signal strength is weaker. I'd say the pixelation occurs once or twice a minute, just enough to be annoying. I have my antenna in the attic, which isn't ideal, but didn't want to mount it outside unless I was pretty confident that I needed to. Anyone else still seeing occasional pixelation on KSBY?
I'm still getting pixelation on ksby, not as bad as last month. I have charter.
post #1263 of 1271 Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 AM

san luis obispo county (charter)

Digital transition happened last night on schedule. The only errors i saw was on series recordings on broadcast channels. Easy fix, change the channel option to hd only on the series manager.
post #1264 of 1271 Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 PM

Did the digital transition complete in AG/Grover Beach today as scheduled? I only have Charter Internet, so I can't tell for sure. I've been getting slow internet speeds during peak hours (2 to 3 Mbps down at 8-11pm) and Charter said this should be resolved when the digital transition completes. I've been patient (slow speeds in pm since May).......
post #1265 of 1271 Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Did the digital transition complete in AG/Grover Beach today as scheduled? I only have Charter Internet, so I can't tell for sure. I've been getting slow internet speeds during peak hours (2 to 3 Mbps down at 8-11pm) and Charter said this should be resolved when the digital transition completes. I've been patient (slow speeds in pm since May).......

I heard it takes a while. Faster speeds by Sept or Oct. I know they are testing it, because i have gotten 60 a couple of times in the last week or so.
post #1266 of 1271 Old 07-31-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
We have noticed slower speeds in the early evening/after dinner hours. I live in Grover, and the transition happened right on schedule, 29th I think it was.

We'd stopped bothering with subscription TV until that happened.

We had to rescan, and lost everything except strictly OTA stuff. Back to screwing with antennas again, going to experiment with our little monoprice, (an exterior placement). Any current advice on that subject would be appreciated.
post #1267 of 1271 Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrank% View Post
We have noticed slower speeds in the early evening/after dinner hours. I live in Grover, and the transition happened right on schedule, 29th I think it was.

We'd stopped bothering with subscription TV until that happened.

We had to rescan, and lost everything except strictly OTA stuff. Back to screwing with antennas again, going to experiment with our little monoprice, (an exterior placement). Any current advice on that subject would be appreciated.
I'm on Charter node GB209 if you wanted to compare. I'm very disappointed that I'm still getting 3 Mbps download speeds at night even after the transition. I know baja mentioned it might take a while, but that wasn't what I was told by Charter. They've been stringing me along for a few months now avoiding slow speeds in our area with no compensation yet for these issues.

So are you looking to go strictly OTA? That's where I'm headed. You should consider a directional external antenna pointed at Cuesta ridge where KSBY and KEYT (repeater) are located, and you'll likely get KCOY/KKFX from Santa Maria as well. I think KCET is available as well, but haven't yet looked into it. You can check out antennaweb.org or tvfool.com for more info.
post #1268 of 1271 Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I'm on Charter node GB209 if you wanted to compare. I'm very disappointed that I'm still getting 3 Mbps download speeds at night even after the transition. I know baja mentioned it might take a while, but that wasn't what I was told by Charter. They've been stringing me along for a few months now avoiding slow speeds in our area with no compensation yet for these issues.

So are you looking to go strictly OTA? That's where I'm headed. You should consider a directional external antenna pointed at Cuesta ridge where KSBY and KEYT (repeater) are located, and you'll likely get KCOY/KKFX from Santa Maria as well. I think KCET is available as well, but haven't yet looked into it. You can check out antennaweb.org or tvfool.com for more info.
Yeah, I'm considering the antenna thingy, just not very enthusiastically. Seems like a lot of work for maybe four channels. Three of them come in well enough with the indoor. No KEYT, and KSBY spotty enough to bother the wife. Me, all those stations could disappear tomorrow & I wouldn't notice, much less care.

I mean, can you imagine waiting for some clown to shout at you what the weather's going to be before the day starts and after it's done? Senseless.

Regarding the speeds, I haven't measured anything recently, just seemed to slow down a bit around dinnertime (Streaming MLB on our Roku can get a little funky), nothing disastrous.
post #1269 of 1271 Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hey! Dave Hovde is the best!
post #1270 of 1271 Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc05 View Post
Hey! Dave Hovde is the best!
More of a grouse about others waiting for info to be received via squawkbox instead of just retrieving it at their convenience.

But if the shoe fits...

And interesting that you figured I was talking about Hovde!

Last edited by karrank%; 07-31-2014 at 10:30 AM.
post #1271 of 1271 Old 08-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Charter (San Luis Obispo county)

The SEC and the SEC alternate channel just showed up on my guide. Channels 867 and 868.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page