1Likes

post #15571 of 16083 Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame View Post

Okay, so two "whole home dvr's" in a house do not see each other. Ugh. Okay then. I'll need to think of another solution. We just have too many people with too many shows. Thankfully we have on demand which mitigates a bunch of them.

The best solution for this is either TiVo with the upcoming Premiere. Or getting a windows Media Center and an xbox or two to extended it to multiple TV's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15572 of 16083 Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublebound View Post

Have been reading on the TiVo forum that Comcast in the Bay Area and Corvallis have changed Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, and VH1 HD from the east coast to the west coast feed.

I imagine the Seattle area is on it's way, too. That means The Daily Show/Colbert will move from 8 pm to 11 pm.

Starting late last week the Comcast listings had Comedy Central HD as a west coast feed. Usually record the Daily Show so had it start at 11pm on Monday. No show....and when it started saw the end of Colbert. When pulling up SD channel it shows "watch in HD" and takes you back to the HD channel that's still on east coast feed. Apparently the people that who do the listings aren't talking to the people that do the programming. We really enjoy being able to see and record the Daily Show at 8pm rather than 11pm.
post #15573 of 16083 Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM

That's odd. I set up a manual recording on my TiVo last night (Monday) from 11 pm to midnight on the HD channel and it recorded both the new Daily Show and Colbert. I started watching about 11:15 so I could skip through the commercials and caught up before Colbert ended.

The guide data for my TiVo was still wrong (that's why I did a manual recording), but I got the two new shows okay. I've submitted a "Report A Lineup Issue" form to TiVo so I expect that will be fixed eventually.

I noticed the Zap2It schedule still has the east coast feed info for the HD channel.

I'm in Lake Forest Park.
post #15574 of 16083 Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbeck77 View Post

The best solution for this is either TiVo with the upcoming Premiere. Or getting a windows Media Center and an xbox or two to extended it to multiple TV's.

But with the TiVo you lose ON DEMAND, right? That's always been the sad part.

Does Tivo do MRV with streaming now or does it transfer them from dvr to dvr.

Thanks for the tips.
post #15575 of 16083 Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Streampix is supposed to start today for people with Xfinity Triple Play. Did anyone get it? I just rebooted my DVR and nothing new was added. Are we supposed to do something active to activate it?

Art

Art in Seattle
post #15576 of 16083 Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone want a free TiVo Series 3?
It's the one with the OLED screen on the front.

The hard drive died (you can replace it with a 2TB drive from Weaknees)

Tyler Pruitt - Pro Calibrator - BionicAV
Technical Support - SpectraCal

THX Certified - Video Calibration

post #15577 of 16083 Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artseattle View Post

Streampix is supposed to start today for people with Xfinity Triple Play. Did anyone get it? I just rebooted my DVR and nothing new was added. Are we supposed to do something active to activate it?

Art

It's in the Premium Channel section of OnDemand.

post #15578 of 16083 Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks. I never would have found it. Some good movies, many in HD. I'm hoping they will provide an online listing somewhere. It's too tedious to scroll through the movies since they are separated by each initial letter.

Art

Art in Seattle
post #15579 of 16083 Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 PM

I watched "the voice" and "parenthood" on demand this week and noticed that full length commercials are now included. It would take under 45 minutes to watch a 1 hour show and now it's 60 without the ability to fast forward. Years ago this would not have been a problem but I have skipped over commercials with replaytv and TiVo for years. Has anyone noticed the addition of more commercials with the other networks?
post #15580 of 16083 Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 AM

About the only thing you can do is use the 5 minute jump ahead and then rewind back. Its Comsuckstic!
post #15581 of 16083 Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Has anyone recently had FIOS-TV and internet service with Frontier near Lynnwood, or Everett, WA ? How does their service compare with comcast in terms of:

a) Picture Quality of HDTV (FIOS-tv)

b) Technical Customer Service, both on-site and over the phone

c) On-Demand tv title availability, quantity and quality

d) Administrative matters, billing, Customer Relations and commitment to the FIOS-TV product for the duration.

I have a chance to switch to their service this summer, 2012. However, my prior in-person contact, three times with their retail representatives have left me wondering. REally wondering why they push Dish-Network Sat TV.

I know folks sometimes wonder about Comcast, but in the last six years of service, they've improved their service in all respects.

I welcome your comments on perspective on Comcast vs. Frontier operations. Thank you.
post #15582 of 16083 Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionanimal View Post

Has anyone recently had FIOS-TV and internet service with Frontier near Lynnwood, or Everett, WA ? How does their service compare with comcast in terms of:

d) Administrative matters, billing, Customer Relations and commitment to the FIOS-TV product for the duration.

I have a chance to switch to their service thisIoS summer, 2012. However, my prior in-person contact, three times with their retail representatives have left me wondering. REally wondering why they push Dish-Network Sat TV.

I know folks sometimes wonder about Comcast, but in the last six years of service, they've improved their service in all respects.

I welcome your comments on perspective on Comcast vs. Frontier operations. Thank you.

FiOS TV on Frontier is a dead end service... They haven't added a single new channel since Frontier took over. Plus they have ZERO 3D channels.

post #15583 of 16083 Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:

I have a chance to switch to their service this summer, 2012. However, my prior in-person contact, three times with their retail representatives have left me wondering. REally wondering why they push Dish-Network Sat TV.

I have them in 2010 before I moved away if that helps.

A. Excellent. Clearly better than Comcast with much less compression. It was noticeable when I switched to it and back.
B. Never called them but I didn't expect much from support in general.
C. Not bad but I was primarily using a Tivo so OnDemand wasn't high on my list. I would say it was not nearly as good as Comcast
D. Just horrible. I had FIOS with Verizon and went with the Frontier transition. Frontier was completely clueless. There seemed to be ZERO commitment to the video service, no new features or upgrades. The billing department was a nightmare. They have a retail office near Alderwood mall and all they seem to be able to do it accept payments and returns of equipment. They couldn't resolve issues, give me new equipment, or even adjust my service. Hell, I spent two weeks trying to cancel and could get a human on the phone after waiting 2+ hours. I finally went to the store and all they could do was call the exact same number I was calling. BTW, the contract terms have very little exceptions to get out of. I moved and since there wasn't Frontier in my new house locally, I had to pay the ETF. In the end, I was glad to go back to Comcast.
post #15584 of 16083 Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm posting a (very) quick update of the QAM list. There were only some minor changes in the last few months, most of which have already been mentioned.

* 5-2/15-3 from Universal Sports to Live Well Network
* FMs from 67-X to 38-X
* RT on 97-462
* No PSIP on 33-1/79-101, 44-1/80-203, 51-1/79-115
post #15585 of 16083 Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinyuen View Post

I have them in 2010 before I moved away if that helps.

A. Excellent. Clearly better than Comcast with much less compression. It was noticeable when I switched to it and back.
B. Never called them but I didn't expect much from support in general.
C. Not bad but I was primarily using a Tivo so OnDemand wasn't high on my list. I would say it was not nearly as good as Comcast
D. Just horrible. I had FIOS with Verizon and went with the Frontier transition. Frontier was completely clueless. There seemed to be ZERO commitment to the video service, no new features or upgrades. The billing department was a nightmare. They have a retail office near Alderwood mall and all they seem to be able to do it accept payments and returns of equipment. They couldn't resolve issues, give me new equipment, or even adjust my service. Hell, I spent two weeks trying to cancel and could get a human on the phone after waiting 2+ hours. I finally went to the store and all they could do was call the exact same number I was calling. BTW, the contract terms have very little exceptions to get out of. I moved and since there wasn't Frontier in my new house locally, I had to pay the ETF. In the end, I was glad to go back to Comcast.

Thanks for the information. I definitely got weird vibes all three times I went to their (new) retail location near the Alderwood and Everett Mall's. I figure I'll stay with Comcast in hope that someday, someone other than Frontier will buy the FIOS-TV infrastructure. That really good picture quality will come in handy "someday" if I move to an 85 inch display.
post #15586 of 16083 Old 03-10-2012, 02:34 PM

So, I was just browsing the internet (as usual) and I came across something interesting that's starting to roll out across the country ... Comcast On Screen Guide 2.0. Someone tell me how that makes sense? In my history (from friends & relatives over the years) with Comcast, I have seen different guides, and "2.0" makes 4. Remember, there was the "ugly yellow" guide, and the Microsoft guide. Now, there's the one we have today, and the one that's coming.

What I can tell you about the new guide is that it's strictly for the HD-DVR boxes only (at this time). That's all. But, from the pictures, it looks very nice!
post #15587 of 16083 Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 AM

The Microsoft guide was unique to the Seattle area, I believe.
post #15588 of 16083 Old 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post

The Microsoft guide was unique to the Seattle area, I believe.

Yes, now that you say that ... you are correct about that! However, it's still a guide that we used. Well, I used it, here in Bremerton, anyway.
post #15589 of 16083 Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM

In an e-mail received by Comcast earlier today, I can say that we should be looking for a guide makeover between October 2012 & June 2013. The guide will be the Xfinity X1 (formerly Spectrum). This guide is only in Augusta, GA currently. However, they're targeting an additional market this year. The Seattle area is a good possibility.

Some links to check out:
- http://blog.comcast.com/2011/05/look...xperience.html
- http://www.fiercecable.com/story/com...ice/2012-02-29
- http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20...ger=full_story
post #15590 of 16083 Old 03-19-2012, 01:52 PM

Speaking to some posts mentioned earlier in this thread, wanted to know if anyone had any news or heard rumors when we may FINALLY see Xfinity On Demand for those who use Windows Media Center with XBOX Extenders?

Seems like this has been in the works for a while now, and those MS Employees that receive the Beta have been running this for a while now. I see that it is available on FIOS and has been for a while now. Would love to hear from a Xfinity/Comcast rep on this if you happen to see this.

Does anyone know if the Full "On Demand" Library is available for those who may have seen and or used this yet?

Anxiously awaiting Xfinity On Demond on my XBOX 360!

Thanks!
post #15591 of 16083 Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User7007 View Post

Speaking to some posts mentioned earlier in this thread, wanted to know if anyone had any news or heard rumors when we may FINALLY see Xfinity On Demand for those who use Windows Media Center with XBOX Extenders?

Seems like this has been in the works for a while now, and those MS Employees that receive the Beta have been running this for a while now. I see that it is available on FIOS and has been for a while now. Would love to hear from a Xfinity/Comcast rep on this if you happen to see this.

Does anyone know if the Full "On Demand" Library is available for those who may have seen and or used this yet?

Anxiously awaiting Xfinity On Demond on my XBOX 360!

Thanks!

I don't have access to the beta, but I have all the answers that you're looking for. OK, maybe not all, but 99.9% of them! The only thing I don't have right now is the release date.

Moving on, you asked if the full "On Demand" library was going to be available. The answer is "no". The only difference being we can not purchase pay-per-view movies via the Xbox 360, just like XfinityTV.com. The only items we will see are Free TV/Movies, "National Broadcaster" (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), and Premium Networks (Streampix, Starz, Encore, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, etc.).

For those of you who subscribe to HBO or Cinemax and have separate questions about HBO Go or Max Go, these services will be integrated into the Xfinity App on the Xbox! Even though Max Go will not have an app on the Xbox (unlike HBO Go, also coming soon), being an Xfinity subscriber gives us that slight advantage! Just remember, you have to be a Cinemax subscriber!

Next, I am happy to say that the Xfinity app on the Xbox will not count any video watching towards your 250 GB monthly bandwidth limit! Go all out!

Finally, I want to point out that "Live TV" watching was mentioned. This will not be available on the Xbox ... yet. Xfinity did not rule out this option, and it's a possibility in the future!

I don't work for Comcast/Xfinity! How did I get all this info? See for yourself!
post #15592 of 16083 Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 AM

ESPN 2 has been located on ClearQAM channel 38-301. This is on my Panasonic Plasma TV in Bremerton. Also, channel 1911 has been spotted on my HD-DVR. At this time, it's only listed as "To Be Announced" on the guide and the standard "This channel will be available shortly" message when selecting it.
post #15593 of 16083 Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Has anyone recently hadFIOS-TV and internet service with Frontier near Lynnwood, or Everett, WA ? How does their service compare with comcast in terms of:

Much improved over Comcast (I switched in 2009 when FiOS first showed up).

Quote:

Have called them twice, quick solutions in both cases. The technical staff all seem to be ex-Verizon.

Quote:

With the exception of no FOX, no issues.

Quote:

I have had no problems, they even gave me a discount after my 2 year initial contract was up. Made one change to equipment rental and it went smoothly.

Quote:

They probably get a bigger commission on Dish sales.

Quote:

I am a technology whore and really appreciate the tech behind FiOS. The internet service is, without a doubt, the best I have every experienced - 25mbps down AND up with 1 outage since 2009. No slowdowns evenings and weekends either.

I have not seen Comcast since 2009, but the difference when I switched was dramatic. Frontier FiOS has all the channels I watch in HD, so I am happy.

Obsession in moderation
post #15594 of 16083 Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Help!!

I recently ordered a Ceton Infinitv 4 and in preparation for it's arrival I headed down to the local Comcast store (Redmond in my case) in order to pick up an M card to put into the CableCard slot and a Tuning Adapter to tune the 4 tuners in the card. When I got to the counter they were very helpful and immediately got me an M card, but when I asked for a Tuning Adapter they brought out a Pace DCT50X which:
A)I was pretty sure was not what I needed
B) I already have one at home.

So I headed home to do more research to find out if I truly need a Tuning Adapter for this market - Everything that I've read here on AVS Forum and on The Green Button leads me to believe that in the Seattle Comcast area that I DO need a tuning adapter. Armed with this information, along with the two models of TA's available (Motorola MTR700 and Cisco STA1520) I headed back to the Store to try and see if this additional information would help. Since I'm posting here, I'm guessing you can all tell how that went. The clerk who was helping me was very helpful but had NO idea what I was looking for - eventually he brought out a tech who I explained to what I was trying to hook up and what I needed. The tech wasn't aware of the Tuning adapter either - but he eventually called someone who was familiar with the Ceton as well as the tuning adapters. That person said they should have some in the warehouse. Armed with this information they headed back to the warehouse to try and locate the TA. About 10 mins later they walked out with a box that was WAY too large to be a TA - They had brought out a Motorola DCX3501 and were wondering if it would work for my setup....they told me that they had checked and that they had NO TUNING ADAPTERS in the State of Washington. This just sounds a bit suspect to me, because unless I've read this thread wrong there are a number of people in this thread who are using and have obtained Tuning Adapters in this state/area. While the guys who were helping me were very nice, I'm suspicious that they are stonewalling me and trying to get me to take the DCX3501 so that they can charge me an equipment rental fee(which is part of the reason I went to the Ceton - to avoid paying a rental fee).

Can others in this thread chime in and tell me how this compares to your experiences? Is there anybody at Ceton or from Comcast who reads the thread who may be able to help me? Am I perhaps incorrect in my thinking that my setup will require a Tuning Adapter? (The tech and cs agent both seemed to agree with me that we are a SDV market).

Any help is appreciated, I don't even have the Ceton card yet (should be arriving tomorrow) - but once it arrives, I'd like to get it up and going quickly (which was my reason for trying to take care of this legwork over the last couple of days.)

Thanks again! (And sorry if the answer to my question is buried somewhere in this thread - I've read through a lot of it, but at 520 pages, it is hard to search to find matching answers)
post #15595 of 16083 Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

No tuning adapters here on the east side (North Bend). I don't know when (or if) Comcast plans to deploy SDV here in our market.
post #15596 of 16083 Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimre View Post

No tuning adapters here on the east side (North Bend). I don't know when (or if) Comcast plans to deploy SDV here in our market.

That's what I love about this forum! Thanks Jimre!
post #15597 of 16083 Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM

No tuning adapter in Seattle either. I just needed the cablecard.
post #15598 of 16083 Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasG View Post

Much improved over Comcast (I switched in 2009 when FiOS first showed up). I have not seen Comcast since 2009, but the difference when I switched was dramatic. Frontier FiOS has all the channels I watch in HD, so I am happy.

Thank you poster, JasG for your (excerpted) observations listed above about Frontier (Verizon) FIOS TV & Internet.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to try Frontier. Working on the W.A.F. (Wife Acceptance Factor).
post #15599 of 16083 Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:

W.A.F. (Wife Acceptance Factor).

This made my day! Very clever!
post #15600 of 16083 Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM

A couple of changes noticed:

33.13 - EAS
35.2101 - CSPAN
35.2102 - CSPAN 2

37.2310 - HALLMARK

38.306 - UWTV
38.307 - UW2

89.2203 - DISCOVERY

108.332-339 - KPLU, KQMV, KUBE, KMPS, KUOW, KIRO, KING, KLCK

Also, noticed that Hallmark & Discovery, CSPANs, as well as, the shopping channels are in 2 locations.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page