Forum Jump: 

post #16051 of 16078 Old 03-23-2014, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

AFAIK none of the KCTS sub channels are HD.
Correct, only 9.1 is HD. Thinking about the different subchannels for other channels ... I believe they're all in SD, of course with the exemption of the ".1" channel (except for channels like KTBW & KFFV).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16052 of 16078 Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhachey View Post

No - the X1 boxes cost the same as the old boxes. When I ordered my X1 box, the customer service rep told me that Comcast wants to get everybody off the legacy equipment as soon as they can manage (I'm sure it will take a long time) because the X1 is so much easier to update / upgrade / diagnose than the old boxes.

Yes, there are analog jacks. Check out this X1 User's Guide (http://cim-cim-images.cdn2.comcast.net/CTV02/Comcast_CIM_Internal_Ingest_Browse_Videos/10/337/FINAL_2014_Q1_MPK_X1_0114.pdf)

I got my X1 a week ago - a DVR and two satellite boxes. I really love the new interface and at least the DVR box works great (I assume the other boxes work fine - I haven't heard any complaints from my daughter - I just haven't used them myself).

If Comcast wants to have us update from the legacy DVR's to the X1 boxes, why do they charge $50 to install? It appears there are no additional charges on your monthly bill when you upgrade. I have never had a problem installing any of their equipment. I do understand they want to also replace other satellite boxes. The last time they did that, I couldn't get them to work even after a truck roll to my house because the wiring in my house wouldn't transmit the recordings on my DVR to the satellite boxes. I can't justify paying $50 for something I know I can install myself and call to have it activated.
post #16053 of 16078 Old 03-28-2014, 06:10 AM

There are at least two factors for the truck roll:

1. You need a filter at the connection to your house to prevent the MOCA networking signals between your boxes from being broadcast to your neighbors.
  2. The X1 boxes are much more sensitive to signal quality than the old boxes. Presumably, this is at least in part due to the fact that the download the guide data etc. in real time using IP, rather than downloading everything to the box and storing it there.

I had the whole-home DVR set up already and thought I had a good-quality signal at my house, so I figured that the X1 install would be a quick in and out for the installer. Instead, he changed the MOCA filter that had been installed when I got my older whole-home DVR, he replaced every splitter and every fitting outside my house, and replaced the signal amplifier that had been installed years ago. He must have ended up at the house for the better part of two hours.

Was this overkill? I don't know. I do know that I have read on some forums about some complaints of slow responsiveness of the X1 boxes and other postings saying that the boxes are fine as long as you've got a good signal. I can tell you that if my signal was anything less than perfect before, I'm sure it's perfect now and I'm glad the installer took the extra time to make sure everything was just so.

As a bonus, I requested the X1 last fall when there was a waiting list for the boxes. At that time, Comcast was waiving the install fee to compensate people for having to wait. I ended up waiting for about three months, but at least I got my install for free and by the time I got my boxes Comcast had rolled out the so-called X2 version of the guide, which has more features and is more stable than previous X1 guide releases.

I've had the X1 for five weeks now. I really like it. It's better than the old guide on so many levels and the ability to set and delete recordings from the satellite boxes is really nice too. I only see the X1 getting better as Comcast makes more refinements and develops new apps.
post #16054 of 16078 Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tivo shows some comcast channel changes in Lynnwood 98036 (Snohomish county) on April 10, 2014:

Add. Hsn-2. 97
Nicktop 127
Elrey137
big10wa 404
Csnnwhd2 617
Big10wh 632
depelus 741
canal11 769
post #16055 of 16078 Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Is there any hope comcast snohomish county washington state will add fox-sports-2-hd, be-in-sports hd. Univision deportes ?
post #16056 of 16078 Old 04-12-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Here in Portland they gave me a big DCH 3200 for free and they still aren't charging me for it. If I could get another for free I'd do it. They are not very sensitive to bad signals and I didn't have to pay extra to plug it in. I won't get a X1 box if they try that 50 for install then try that to charge rent on top of it.
Been using a Samsung 530 cable box/media player and it works well except for on demand but they charge 9.95 digital outlet fee on it which is a bogus cable card fee, all the outlets are digital mad.gif
Anyways wishing you guys luck with the new boxes and watch this thread for things that will make it to Portland soon.
post #16057 of 16078 Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM

My X1 sign up experience today:

Contacted Comcast via chat feature to sign up. After some time with a help tech, I was transferred to Sales. Eventually, they said that they could not sign me up because I was not a Triple Play customer (I have the so-called Double Play of Internet and TV).

I then explored the cost of signing up for Triple Play, and (perhaps not a surprise) it's actually cheaper to get Triple Play over next two years. Their current rate of ($99 good for 12 months and $119 good for next 12, minimum 2 year sign up) replaces my current $69.49 for TV and $51.95 for Internet, plus I can then drop my CenturyLink ~$50/mo. Other cost advantage is that I currently have 2 DVRs, I can go down to 1 and use the so-called Mini Player in the other room to access the DVR as needed, saving another $8 or so monthly.

Best part -- they scheduled installation for next Monday. Didn't ask about installation charge but it's worth it to get quick service, IMHO.
post #16058 of 16078 Old 04-21-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbjd1111 View Post

My X1 sign up experience today:

Contacted Comcast via chat feature to sign up. After some time with a help tech, I was transferred to Sales. Eventually, they said that they could not sign me up because I was not a Triple Play customer (I have the so-called Double Play of Internet and TV).

I then explored the cost of signing up for Triple Play, and (perhaps not a surprise) it's actually cheaper to get Triple Play over next two years. Their current rate of ($99 good for 12 months and $119 good for next 12, minimum 2 year sign up) replaces my current $69.49 for TV and $51.95 for Internet, plus I can then drop my CenturyLink ~$50/mo. Other cost advantage is that I currently have 2 DVRs, I can go down to 1 and use the so-called Mini Player in the other room to access the DVR as needed, saving another $8 or so monthly.

Best part -- they scheduled installation for next Monday. Didn't ask about installation charge but it's worth it to get quick service, IMHO.

Monday update -- the installer did not show. I then spent 75 minutes on the phone clarifying the following:

1. I was never scheduled for an appointment.
2. My service was never changed.
3. The package quoted to me was not really available.
4. They could not get me a new time or confirmed change in service because of "error messages."

Obviously, very frustrating. I am waiting on a callback from a supervisor for what I was quoted in the call -- $129 per month at Preferred tier (net is $12 more a month than what I was quoted last week), plus 3 free months of SHO/HBO (to which I already subscribe) and waived $99 "upgrade charge." There is also a $35 installation charge for X1 and another $35 installation charge for phone never quoted to me in prior call. Could not get that waived, though I am still trying.
post #16059 of 16078 Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM

Based on the reply below, I went ahead and ordered the X1 DVR and had it installed yesterday. The tech was here for almost 4 hours as he had to do quite a bit of rewiring. He did install one amplifier to replace one I had. A previous attempt (prior to X1 being available) to install of the DVR anywhere did not work because it was going through too many of my self installed line amplifiers. The install charge was only $25 but I had to commit for 2 years. There isn't an obvious way to control my receiver for audio but I did find the right access code and was able to input it so I have on\off capability and volume control making it acceptable to my wife. The one thing I would like to be able to do is program the colored (A-D) buttons on the remote. I found the C button brings up the sports listing with scores on all of the remotes. On the main DVR the A button brings up the settings screen also. I asked the tech if they could be programmed and he wasn't aware of anything about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhachey View Post

There are at least two factors for the truck roll:

1. You need a filter at the connection to your house to prevent the MOCA networking signals between your boxes from being broadcast to your neighbors.
  2. The X1 boxes are much more sensitive to signal quality than the old boxes. Presumably, this is at least in part due to the fact that the download the guide data etc. in real time using IP, rather than downloading everything to the box and storing it there.

I had the whole-home DVR set up already and thought I had a good-quality signal at my house, so I figured that the X1 install would be a quick in and out for the installer. Instead, he changed the MOCA filter that had been installed when I got my older whole-home DVR, he replaced every splitter and every fitting outside my house, and replaced the signal amplifier that had been installed years ago. He must have ended up at the house for the better part of two hours.

Was this overkill? I don't know. I do know that I have read on some forums about some complaints of slow responsiveness of the X1 boxes and other postings saying that the boxes are fine as long as you've got a good signal. I can tell you that if my signal was anything less than perfect before, I'm sure it's perfect now and I'm glad the installer took the extra time to make sure everything was just so.

As a bonus, I requested the X1 last fall when there was a waiting list for the boxes. At that time, Comcast was waiving the install fee to compensate people for having to wait. I ended up waiting for about three months, but at least I got my install for free and by the time I got my boxes Comcast had rolled out the so-called X2 version of the guide, which has more features and is more stable than previous X1 guide releases.

I've had the X1 for five weeks now. I really like it. It's better than the old guide on so many levels and the ability to set and delete recordings from the satellite boxes is really nice too. I only see the X1 getting better as Comcast makes more refinements and develops new apps.
post #16060 of 16078 Old 04-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Anyone know why we don't get the Chicago superstation WGN here in Seattle? Seems like most other regions have had this for a while.
post #16061 of 16078 Old 04-24-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hergertr View Post

Based on the reply below, I went ahead and ordered the X1 DVR and had it installed yesterday. The tech was here for almost 4 hours as he had to do quite a bit of rewiring. He did install one amplifier to replace one I had. A previous attempt (prior to X1 being available) to install of the DVR anywhere did not work because it was going through too many of my self installed line amplifiers. The install charge was only $25 but I had to commit for 2 years. There isn't an obvious way to control my receiver for audio but I did find the right access code and was able to input it so I have on\off capability and volume control making it acceptable to my wife. The one thing I would like to be able to do is program the colored (A-D) buttons on the remote. I found the C button brings up the sports listing with scores on all of the remotes. On the main DVR the A button brings up the settings screen also. I asked the tech if they could be programmed and he wasn't aware of anything about that.
I'm not aware of the remote being programmable. An explanation of what the buttons do can be found at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/

More useful is knowing that you can program the box to change the skip duration associated with the PageUp PageDown buttons (http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-program-a-30-second-skip-button-for-xfinity-x1/). Unfortunately, doing this means you lose the five-minute skip. Unfortunately you can't have both, but if you're only going to have one, you want the 30-second skip. The nice part is that the skip works with OnDemand offerings.
post #16062 of 16078 Old 05-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionanimal View Post

Is there any hope comcast snohomish county washington state will add fox-sports-2-hd, be-in-sports hd. Univision deportes ?

Are those channels available on any Comcast region in Western Washington?

Supposedly FOX and Comcast came to a deal over a year ago for Comcast to carry all the FOX channels (including FSN2)...
post #16063 of 16078 Old 05-26-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sievers View Post

Anyone know why we don't get the Chicago superstation WGN here in Seattle? Seems like most other regions have had this for a while.
Superstation WGN is available on Wave Broadband, and has been for many years. It's a channel I definitely love (when I'm able to watch it). It doesn't hurt to keep requesting it. I've been pushing for Boomerang for many years on Comcast as well.
post #16064 of 16078 Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Falcon - the latest bill insert indicated BOOMERANGHD (659) beginning June 17th. No indication on package tier. The HD version is NOT available via DISH or Directv! However, WGNHD is on both, not in the basic tiers.

PROOF I NEED MY GLASSES CHANGED & SO MUCH FOR WISHFUL THINKING...NOT BOOMERANGHD, BLOOMBERGHD...Personally, I would have preferred BOOMERANGHD!
post #16065 of 16078 Old 06-10-2014, 01:17 AM

706-WEAHD-Just noticed today that they've installed a weather star on the HD feed - north sound...Bham,Lynden,Anacortes, Mt.Vernon....
post #16066 of 16078 Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Noticed today that WEATHERSCAN (101) is gone...probably because they paid the bucks for the HD weatherstar for the WEATHERCHANNEL that doesn't do weather any more.
post #16067 of 16078 Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Silicon Dust HD Prime plus Comcast cable card suddenly stopped getting a bunch of stations. The only ESPN I get, in either HD or SD, is the one that is part of my "sports package" upgrade. All the rest are gone. As is a big bunch of channels between 645 and 668, including stuff like MSNBC, AMC (both HD and SD) and a bunch of others I really like. All my premium channels work just fine, stuff like HBO HD channels. Called tech support and they reset my cable card a couple of times, no luck. So it is only functioning on some of the channels, maybe 75%.

I don't think this has anything to do with hardware. I think Comcast hosed my subscription information. Next I'll call the cable card activation place and see if I can get it straightened out. When I setup the cable card intitially, it took many phone calls to get it setup. One of the techs specifically said my subscription was different in one area of the system than what it should be and what the Comcast people were seeing when they tried to help me. I don't trust Comcast further than I can spit. I think they would love to get rid of the cable cards and force everyone to rent their DVRs for more money.

UPDATE: Called the special cable card activation line and they didn't solve the problem. So I will try another card.

One plus though, I was on the help line so long that the tech ended up resetting some of my cable TV packages, for instance HBO for $15 for eight year promo, so I am going to save close to $20 per month, which means I could get a DVR and still try to get my HD Prime working correctly. Maybe I will pickup the DVR and get an extra cable card to try out.

Last edited by Mike777; 06-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.
post #16068 of 16078 Old 06-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

I think the problem with my HD Prime is that Comcast has misclassified the cable that comes out of my condo dues. My condo association has always paid for cable TV, what we used to call "expanded basic" a few years ago. I looked at last years condo statement and we were paying at least $40 per month and maybe closer to $50 per month per unit. Will Comcast in all their stingy wisdom has decided to classify this as "limited landlord." The cost of true limited cable is less than $20 per month, maybe around $17, and it doesn't include many of my favorites, like ESPN, PAC12, MSNBC, AMC, Comedy Network, and a bunch other ones, basically channels between 29 and 69, and the HD version, and a few others. So Comcast cut off those channels, which my condo dues is paying for, and they also cut out the HD versions too! So that is why I think my HD Prime suddenly stopped getting those channels.

Isn't it funny how Comcast always seems to err on the side screwing the customer?

BTW, in the six years I have lived here, I have always upgraded the basic condo provided cable with digital, including converter boxes, DVR and lately the HD Prime. The HD Prime was working perfectly until they misclassified the arrangement with my condo association as "limited basic" instead of more pricey version.

Last edited by Mike777; 06-15-2014 at 05:33 PM.
post #16069 of 16078 Old 06-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levibluewa View Post
Falcon - the latest bill insert indicated BOOMERANGHD (659) beginning June 17th. No indication on package tier. The HD version is NOT available via DISH or Directv! However, WGNHD is on both, not in the basic tiers.

PROOF I NEED MY GLASSES CHANGED & SO MUCH FOR WISHFUL THINKING...NOT BOOMERANGHD, BLOOMBERGHD...Personally, I would have preferred BOOMERANGHD!
Yes, Boomerang would be so awesome to have! Oh, how I miss that channel! And, in Bremerton ... 659 is Spike TV in HD. Need to check that channel number for Bloomberg HD again.
post #16070 of 16078 Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike777 View Post
I think the problem with my HD Prime is that Comcast has misclassified the cable that comes out of my condo dues. My condo association has always paid for cable TV, what we used to call "expanded basic" a few years ago. I looked at last years condo statement and we were paying at least $40 per month and maybe closer to $50 per month per unit. Will Comcast in all their stingy wisdom has decided to classify this as "limited landlord." The cost of true limited cable is less than $20 per month, maybe around $17, and it doesn't include many of my favorites, like ESPN, PAC12, MSNBC, AMC, Comedy Network, and a bunch other ones, basically channels between 29 and 69, and the HD version, and a few others. So Comcast cut off those channels, which my condo dues is paying for, and they also cut out the HD versions too! So that is why I think my HD Prime suddenly stopped getting those channels.

Isn't it funny how Comcast always seems to err on the side screwing the customer?

BTW, in the six years I have lived here, I have always upgraded the basic condo provided cable with digital, including converter boxes, DVR and lately the HD Prime. The HD Prime was working perfectly until they misclassified the arrangement with my condo association as "limited basic" instead of more pricey version.
I'm in the same boat...live in a condo building (but I rent a unit), and sometime since last Wednesday my TiVo Premiere with M-Stream CableCard can't tune into a lot of the channels it used to (I have Digital Preferred). The strange thing is, the channels I can tune to don't correspond to any of the tiers on (I can still pick up some of the Digital Preferred channels).

I checked my last bill and I see both Landlord Limited Cable and Digital Preferred as distinct items (but that doesn't preclude something changing since the statement was created, or something getting messed up on the back end).
Comcast Digital 05/27 - 06/26 18.00
Preferred Includes: Digital Preferred, On
Demand and 1 Standard Digital Converter
and Remote
Landlord Limited Cable 05/27 - 06/26 0.00
For some of the channels I no longer get, my TiVo says "You do not currently subscribe to this channel", for others it states it's having a problem tuning.

Guess I need to give them a call tomorrow and see what's going on.
post #16071 of 16078 Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Yep, Comcast is totally screwing people who have landlord paid basic cable. They are now calling it "limited" cable, even though most people are paying way more than limited cable for the service. Ends up there are now two limited cable plan. One is useless, less than $20 but only includes about ten stations. The other one is digital limited and includes a few more stations. This is around $35 per month. My condo association is paying more than this per user, and we have always had what is known as expanded basic.

If you don't think this is serious, here are the channels I don't get anymore with my cable card which was working fine June 11, but stopped getting these channels on June 12th. BTW, I have a Digital Preferred subscription.

I think Comcast is playing semantic games with the word "limited" to put the screws to people for more money, even though I pay for a digital package.

None of these channels come in, either SD or HD, with my HD Prime:

ROOT
ESPN
ESPN2
Speed
NBC Sports
Food
Travel
History
TLC
Nick
Cartoon
Animal Planet
CNN
CNN HM
CNBC
MSNBC
Fox News
TRU
Oxygen
Lifetime
A&E
FX
TNT
TBS
BET
Spike
SYFY
Comedy Central
CMT
VH1
MTV
MTV2
E
Bravo
AMC
HGTV

Now do you understand why cable card users are pissed, at least the ones like me who pay part of our cable bill through our condo association.

No wonder Comcast is the most hated company in the US. The channels I just listed are the heart and soul of cable TV channels. They took the best and left the cr@p, unless you pay for extra things like HBO or the Sports Package, then you can get that.

PS, you do know Comcast is completely privately owned which means they don't have to answer to no one. A shark has way more integrity than Comcast. The cable companies should be regulated like a utility. After all they pretty much are guaranteed no other cable competition.

Last edited by Mike777; 06-17-2014 at 05:33 PM.
post #16072 of 16078 Old 06-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Yep, Comcast is totally screwing people who have landlord paid basic cable. They are now calling it "limited" cable, even though most people are paying way more than limited cable for the service. Ends up there are now two limited cable plan. One is useless, less than $20 but only includes about ten stations. The other one is digital limited and includes a few more stations. This is around $35 per month. My condo association is paying more than this per user, and we have always had what is known as expanded basic.

If you don't think this is serious, here are the channels I don't get anymore with my cable card which was working fine June 11, but stopped getting these channels on June 12th. BTW, I have a Digital Preferred subscription.

I think Comcast is playing semantic games with the word "limited" to put the screws to people for more money, even though I pay for a digital package.

None of these channels come in, either SD or HD, with my HD Prime:

ROOT
ESPN
ESPN2
Speed
NBC Sports
Food
Travel
History
TLC
Nick
Cartoon
Animal Planet
CNN
CNN HM
CNBC
MSNBC
Fox News
TRU
Oxygen
Lifetime
A&E
FX
TNT
TBS
BET
Spike
SYFY
Comedy Central
CMT
VH1
MTV
MTV2
E
Bravo
AMC
HGTV

Now do you understand why cable card users are pissed, at least the ones like me who pay part of our cable bill through our condo association.

No wonder Comcast is the most hated company in the US. The channels I just listed are the heart and soul of cable TV channels. They took the best and left the cr@p, unless you pay for extra things like HBO or the Sports Package, then you can get that.

PS, you do know Comcast is completely privately owned which means they don't have to answer to no one. A shark has way more integrity than Comcast. The cable companies should be regulated like a utility. After all they pretty much are guaranteed no other cable competition.
Not that I don't enjoy a good rant against Comcast (I was prepared to write one myself, after I talked to someone at Comcast Support who apparently didn't know what a TiVo was), but I went to the service center in north Seattle today (I live fairly close to it) and after a 20 minute wait I swapped out my CableCard, took it home, inserted it into my TiVo, called the activation number, and a couple minutes later I was able to view all my channels again. I don't know how CableCards go bad since there's not that much to them (maybe a bad firmware update was pushed out and bricked my card, or maybe it was just old...I've had it for probably 5 or 6 years), but that seems to be all my problem was.
post #16073 of 16078 Old 06-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll stop by Comcast tomorrow and get an extra card to test out. When I did this a couple of years ago, it took three cards before I got a good one.

I think Comcast probably targeted older cards for elimination. How else would the same thing happen to you on the same exact day? They know the precise MAC address of every single card.
post #16074 of 16078 Old 06-17-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
ROOT
ESPN
ESPN2
Speed
NBC Sports
Food
Travel
History
TLC
Nick
Cartoon
Animal Planet
CNN
CNN HM
CNBC
MSNBC
Fox News
TRU
Oxygen
Lifetime
A&E
FX
TNT
TBS
BET
Spike
SYFY
Comedy Central
CMT
VH1
MTV
MTV2
E
Bravo
AMC
HGTV
Just for clarification to others following this thread, these are the extra channels besides your locals in a digital economy plan. Limited basic gives you the locals (in HD too) as well as ION, Discovery Channel, TWC, CBUT and a few others as well as most of the sub channels we used to get on QAM. I would have guessed it was your cablecard also.
post #16075 of 16078 Old 06-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Swapped out the cable card with my HD Prime and I now get all the channels I was missing. Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, Encore or MGM, which I do indeed subscribe to, and were working perfectly fine with the other card. Subscription issue that will need to get resolved. The guy on the cable card activation side told me to call my local number for this issue since my cable card is indeed working. I called them and they hung up on me twice after I mentioned "cable card." I had this problem before and it was solved by the cable card activation line, not the local one, so I'll try again later. Tired of being on the phone right now. So glad I waited until Game of Thrones season ended.
post #16076 of 16078 Old 06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Swapped out the cable card on my HD Prime and same thing. I get all the channels except the premium channels. No HBO, Encore or MGM. This is cable card number two since the one I had stopped working correctly after two years. I was hoping I would get better odds than one out of three, but it looks like two for two that won't fully validate is what I might get.

I'm almost thinking of just giving up and using my Comcast box for HBO with OnDemand. I can still use my HD Prime for a DVR with everything else. Probably I'll give it one more try when I call in, or maybe she is right and if I wait, the channels will show, but I don't think so. Or maybe I'll try one more card after this.

The good news is my HD Prime paid for itself over one year ago because no Comcast DVR rental. And it still works for most channels.
post #16077 of 16078 Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Swapped out the cable card on my HD Prime and same thing. I get all the channels except the premium channels. No HBO, Encore or MGM. This is cable card number two since the one I had stopped working correctly after two years. I was hoping I would get better odds than one out of three, but it looks like two for two that won't fully validate is what I might get.

I'm almost thinking of just giving up and using my Comcast box for HBO with OnDemand. I can still use my HD Prime for a DVR with everything else. Probably I'll give it one more try when I call in, or maybe she is right and if I wait, the channels will show, but I don't think so. Or maybe I'll try one more card after this.

The good news is my HD Prime paid for itself over one year ago because no Comcast DVR rental. And it still works for most channels.
I had this issue with my HDHR Prime. I called in and the tech determined that the device (don't remember if it was the Prime device no. or the cablecard) had not been properly registered to my account by Comcast.

Jim
post #16078 of 16078 Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I'm a little lot disappointed that they decided to go with the west coast feeds for some of the HD channels that are currently on Eastern time. It was good to either watch shows early or record them and watch with commercial skip.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page