post #16081 of 16093 Old 07-18-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by synch22 View Post
Is anyone having problems with komo and pixelation? Nothing has changes on my end suddenly this channel is not operating right.

CH 104 here in Seattle.
Last night. Tonight it's OK again. I had to watch Jeopardy in SD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16082 of 16093 Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Comcast Customer Service

Given the recent problem with Comcast Customer Service (see Ryan trying to disconnect his Comcast service), I thought I should comment on a recent incident I had and rant about it. Last week I received my monthly bill with a nearly $50 increase. Upon investigation, I found the additional charges were in the Partial Month Charges & Credits. There was an additional $56.33 charge for "Adjustments for discounts removed" and they backed out $33.78 for "Adjustments for discounts added". A service discount of $29.96 was now applied instead of $49.96 for my HD Preferred XF service, accounting for most of the change. Assuming this was all about a promotion running out, I made my usual call to customer service to see if I could get other promotions. Upon reaching customer service I was told that the promotion had run out and they had missed applying it the previous month and that accounted for the partial month charges. I have recently upgraded to X1 service and was told there would be no change to my rates. I was then told I was under contract for the next two years by agreeing to the X1 service. I then asked how could my rates go up when under contract. After some more discussion about that I was asked to be put on hold. After waiting for nearly 5 minutes, Amy came on the line and asked what she could do for me. I replied I had been speaking with another CSR about my bill. She then acknowledged that and offered to put me back to my old rate. I said that would be satisfactory. Amy then asked me how satisfied I was. I pointed out there was some good and bad the good being the offer she just gave me and the bad; the billing system and the effort to correct problems when being billed ahead and trying to catch up. I then pointed out the customer service problem Ryan had with trying to disconnect his service. She acknowledged that. I then went on the complain about the billing system. Given that everything is billed a month ahead and any changes are added and subtracted post event, it takes an accounting background to figure it out, thus my confusion in many instances and I assume for many others. Amy said she was sorry about that. I then complained about the recent shift of HD channels from east coast to west coast feeds. I pointed out that several programs my wife and I regularly watch would be aired at convenient times with the east coast feed and now they would have to be recorded and watched the next day. This was after receiving the e-mail proclaiming the "good news" about the shift. Having the ability to watch favorite shows 3 hours earlier was a convenience we very much enjoyed. Amy also said she was sorry about that. Given Amy's earlier question about how satisfied I was showed there is concern about customer service (CYA), but when confronted with real issues CSR's aren't able to do anything other say they are sorry. The follow-up phone calls conducting satisfaction surveys only ask about how the CSR did and doesn't address the real issues of how they can improve customer service. Recent phone calls for technical support and being directed to outsourced CSR's has made me even more skeptical about their commitment to customer service. The practice of offering promotions for a limited time and then increasing the bill when it runs out with no notification to customer also raises much confusion. Over all I am satisfied with the product being delivered to my home, I just wish it didn't cost so much. Given the level of advertising on all media and the great promotions they offer to new customers, there is a lot of room to lower costs to the customer. Other than satellite I don't have any other choice when it comes to TV and Internet service at the level Comcast provides. Given a choice, there is no question I would switch. Given the monopoly Comcast enjoys in unincorporated King County where I live, doesn't leave much room for improvement to customer service or competition in the rates.
levibluewa likes this.
post #16083 of 16093 Old 07-25-2014, 03:38 PM

Liked: 10
Like any good hoarder, I have accumulated several dozen fake-debit-card bonus incentives from Xfinity in denominations of $99 to $250. I've thought about showing up at the local store and demanding face value for all of them added together while pretending to be mentally challenged. They could either humor me by accepting a couple cards or just call security and give me the bum's rush.

Not to be outdone, Dish Network has sent me numerous pictures of a Mastercard debit card issued to a Mr. Cardholder with more modest values of $25 to $75.

Yeah, I also save the fake car keys that those guys who organize the fly-by-night parking lot sales extravaganzas mail out.

I feel a grudging loyalty to Ma Bell and I will probably get Xfinity when the time is right. "Conan" is archived online but I'd rather see it as broadcast and I miss the Discovery channel.
post #16084 of 16093 Old 08-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Alternative cable co besides Comcast?

I live in W. Seattle, we have had 9 site outages over 3 hours long in the past 4 months. No credits either, even though I have asked for credit. Anyone know if Fios is available in Seattle, or are we stuck with a monopoly of just comcast. I use the internet connection for work, so that is why I can't go CenturyLink, too slow.
I was business class, they changed it without contacting me, I am just so frustrated with this company. Definitaly not the service I am paying for. Any ideas?
Thanks for listening to me rant.
post #16085 of 16093 Old 08-03-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The cable co's agreed to carve up areas and not poach each others areas so it's hard to get anything but some sort of dish. My friend found out FIOS will come to his house in east county of Portland Oregon, but he had to do it in a backhand way and specifically request FIOS TV and internet or they were going to give him some sort of dish for the TV part.
I would love to get it here but pretty sure I can't as he was barely within their boundaries and at first they refused to give him the full FIOS service rather then just the net.
He's been real happy with it and they also uses QAM encrypted standard cable so he bought a few of the 4 tuner internal cable card solutions Ceton offers, I use a HD HomeRun Prime with my Comcast and would want to be able to continue to use it and not rent anything from them I don't have too, plus have total control over my recordings.
Have no clue if it's offered there but if your in the middle of their locked down service area I doubt it, but good luck, maybe you'll get lucky like my friend did.
post #16086 of 16093 Old 08-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Crowe View Post
Anyone know if Fios is available in Seattle, or are we stuck with a monopoly of just comcast. I use the internet connection for work, so that is why I can't go CenturyLink, too slow.
FiOS is only in the suburban/exurban areas where Frontier's the phone company rather than CenturyLink.

In some parts of the city, Comcast and Wave are both available, but the overlap is mostly limited to Capitol and Queen Anne hills. This map shows the both the franchise boundaries and overlaps.
post #16087 of 16093 Old 08-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
FiOS is only in the suburban/exurban areas where Frontier's the phone company rather than CenturyLink.

In some parts of the city, Comcast and Wave are both available, but the overlap is mostly limited to Capitol and Queen Anne hills. This map shows the both the franchise boundaries and overlaps.
Thanks for the map and info, looks like I'm stuck with the monopoly called crapcast, at least until I retire next year, than I won't care about the speed for work.
post #16088 of 16093 Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Crowe View Post
Thanks for the map and info, looks like I'm stuck with the monopoly called crapcast, at least until I retire next year, than I won't care about the speed for work.
This week, CenturyLink announced FTTH w/ speeds up to 1Gb for in a few cities, including Seattle.

This P-I article indicates that it will be available in West Seattle (as well as Ballard, Beacon Hill, and the CD.)
post #16089 of 16093 Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
This week, CenturyLink announced FTTH w/ speeds up to 1Gb for in a few cities, including Seattle.

This P-I article indicates that it will be available in West Seattle (as well as Ballard, Beacon Hill, and the CD.)
Thanks pastiche, I added my name to the notify when available. Appreciate it.
post #16090 of 16093 Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can you add the sports package to the Internet Plus plan? (Limited Basic, HBO + Internet)

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal
THX Certified Video Calibration
post #16091 of 16093 Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else getting a crummy pixelated stuttering picture on KCPQ HD during the SeaHawks game?
post #16092 of 16093 Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Anyone else getting a crummy pixelated stuttering picture on KCPQ HD during the SeaHawks game?

Yep, in the Olympia area.
post #16093 of 16093 Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Xfinity website says 'outage'. Might be solved by midnight...
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page