Seattle, WA - Comcast - Page 538 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #16111 of 16128 Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
X1 System is Bugging Me

I recently moved from DirecTV Genie to the X1 system as it saved me money, however....*sigh*

I'll look past losing the "pause on the bedroom tv" feature that my wife is peeved about. I'll look past the weird UX that requires a lot more clicks than I'm used to.

However, the one thing that is really getting to me is that I've missed a bunch of shows, particularly on ABC (105) due to massive pixilation and freezing. ABC Family is also doing it. It's maddening and I haven't yet seen it on other shows. Modern Family, Blackish, and my two Marvel shows -- all unwatchable.

So -- does anyone see this too? I don't know if it's a signal issue, a bad DVR, or ABC just bites. I loathe having to have a tech out yet again (they've been out a few times for security system issues...), but that's my last resort. I'm already hearing "why did we leave DirecTV again?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16112 of 16128 Old 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame View Post
X1 System is Bugging Me

I recently moved from DirecTV Genie to the X1 system as it saved me money, however....*sigh*

I'll look past losing the "pause on the bedroom tv" feature that my wife is peeved about. I'll look past the weird UX that requires a lot more clicks than I'm used to.

However, the one thing that is really getting to me is that I've missed a bunch of shows, particularly on ABC (105) due to massive pixilation and freezing. ABC Family is also doing it. It's maddening and I haven't yet seen it on other shows. Modern Family, Blackish, and my two Marvel shows -- all unwatchable.

So -- does anyone see this too? I don't know if it's a signal issue, a bad DVR, or ABC just bites. I loathe having to have a tech out yet again (they've been out a few times for security system issues...), but that's my last resort. I'm already hearing "why did we leave DirecTV again?"
What are the channel numbers involved? ABC is Ch 104, NBC 105. What channel is ABC Family? Does it happen on both the HD and SD channel? At any rate I'd check for loose connectors at the box and at any splitters. Quite often pixelated channels are the result of ingress.
post #16113 of 16128 Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
What are the channel numbers involved? ABC is Ch 104, NBC 105. What channel is ABC Family? Does it happen on both the HD and SD channel? At any rate I'd check for loose connectors at the box and at any splitters. Quite often pixelated channels are the result of ingress.
You are, of course, right -- I meant 104, not 105. 104 is having issues (and looking back in this thread, someone else had similar issues with 104). I haven't tried the SD channel as I'm auto-setup to immediately jump to HD, and I almost never watch that channel live, it's always recorded. I will look for loose wiring.

ABC Family is 678 for the HD feed (the one we record).
post #16114 of 16128 Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Here in Olympia 104 is on the 159MHz QAM and is therefore potentially subject to ingress from a number of terrestrial sources like business radios and pagers. We get 678 on a different carrier (417MHz) so at least down here there's no correlation. Here's a chart: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/p...3-allochrt.pdf
post #16115 of 16128 Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame View Post
X1 System is Bugging Me

I'm also in Sammamish and I also get some pixelation on KOMO. It's not bad enough to be unwatchable, but it's certainly an irritant. Of the channels I watch, it's the only one I can think of where pixelation is ever an issue. It seems like it must have started in the past couple of months. I don't watch a lot of KOMO (mostly Gray's Anatomy) and I don't recall having any problems with KOMO last fall before Gray's went on some sort of mid-season break.
post #16116 of 16128 Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Last night I noticed 4.3 (327) -- GRIT tv
post #16117 of 16128 Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Does Comcast Seattle carry KUSE 46.1 & 46.5 ... Hot & Retro TV?
post #16118 of 16128 Old 04-11-2015, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by levibluewa View Post
We used to have Retro TV! I don't know why they got rid of it, but then again ... blame KIRO on that switch.
post #16119 of 16128 Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 AM

Re: 7.3

I'm guessing that 7.3 (LAFFtv) is now active OTA in Seattle. Anyone know if it is going to be added soon to Comcast...I'm guessing at 326.
post #16120 of 16128 Old 04-23-2015, 11:57 AM

7.3 (326) -- June 6!
post #16121 of 16128 Old 05-26-2015, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Noticed four (4) additional HD feeds on comcast-metro-Seattle, WA May 24, 2015 (all with Espanol as primary audio):

channels 723-726: Univision Deportes (sports) HD (with possible some Friday p.m. MLS soccer with secondary English audio), BeInSports-Espanol HD (with many soccer telecasts with English audio), ESPN Deportes HD, and Fox Sports HD.

Some of the comcast subscriber packages have Univision Deportes HD and BeInSports HD included without the Spanish package.
post #16122 of 16128 Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Anyone have a clue when 11.2 will be added to Comcast. I'd call Comcast, but I'm sure no one there knows.
post #16123 of 16128 Old 06-04-2015, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
7.3 (326) -- June 6!
It's on now, a few days early!
levibluewa likes this.
post #16124 of 16128 Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
No. KUSE-LD is a low-power station. Cable companies are not obligated to carry LP or low-power digital (LD) stations unless they want to.
post #16125 of 16128 Old 06-09-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
For those of you who subscribe to Comcast Limited Basic cable service and want to try an outdoor antenna, now's a great time to do so! Here's the reason:

On June 3, the FCC issued an order prohibiting local franchise authorities from regulating "basic cable" rates. Based upon excellent work by K Street lobbyists for Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision and their fellow cable ops, the FCC determined that satellite companies DirectTV and Dish Network provide "Competing Provider Effective Competition".

The problem here is that DirectTV and Dish have never offered anything equivalent to the low-cost "Limited Basic Cable", which primarily consists of local over-the-air broadcast channels. "Limited Basic Cable" is what cable television originally was about: improved reception of local broadcast TV stations in geographically-challenged locations, a/k/a Community Antenna Television (CATV).

Comcast's web site has already removed Limited Basic Cable from its sales menu. Existing Limited Basic prices will increase, and eventually those customers are likely to be told to migrate to the more-expensive Digital Economy tier or do without.

So it's a really great time to put up an antenna. If you live in a really horrible spot for reception, like many parts of Issaquah, North Bend and Olympia, you might send a protest to the FCC commissioners regarding this poorly-conceived decision. People who subscribe to Limited Basic are not buying access to cable networks, they are buying access to local television broadcasters who purportedly provide over-the-air service to their neighborhood within the boundaries of their Demographic Market Area (DMA).

Come to think of it, residents in far-flung corners of the Seattle DMA such as Grays Harbor, Lewis, Thurston, Mason, Jefferson, San Juan, Island, Clallam, Skagit and Whatcom counties are particularly likely to be ripped off just in order to watch local stations. With the exception of a few translators for KIRO, KZJO, KCPQ and KBTC, the major Seattle television stations don't really serve those communities with a useable TV signal, yet they still claim these counties as being part of the "Seattle" market.

Here's the link to the FCC's order, written in typical Inside-the-Beltway bureaucratese: https://www.fcc.gov/document/commiss...petition-order
levibluewa likes this.

Last edited by seatacboy; 06-09-2015 at 05:24 PM.
post #16126 of 16128 Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacboy View Post
...residents in far-flung corners of the Seattle DMA such as Grays Harbor, Lewis, Thurston, Mason, Jefferson, San Juan, Island, Clallam, Skagit and Whatcom counties are particularly likely to be ripped off just in order to watch local stations. With the exception of a few translators for KIRO, KZJO, KCPQ and KBTC, the major Seattle television stations don't really serve those communities with a useable TV signal, yet they still claim these counties as being part of the "Seattle" market.

Here's the link to the FCC's order, written in typical Inside-the-Beltway bureaucratese: https://www.fcc.gov/document/commiss...petition-order
Exactly my gripe. The DMA should be determined by...can you receive a steady signal via rabbit ears...20-40 miles perhaps. If the stations want to claim distant viewers they should be required to put up antennas to guarantee that, or the stations should have to pay the satellite and cable companies per subscriber. In the north sound Victoria and Vancouver would be our local DMA over Seattle-Tacoma, however we all know that cable companies aren't required to carry those channels. The local affiliates have outlived their purpose. For the most part they aren't "local"...and one seldom gets local news from "local" radio stations. When the pipeline blew (Bham) years ago the first mention of it was on CNN. The only thing that really matters, it appears, is Comcast's lobbying group and their lawyers in DC.
post #16127 of 16128 Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Rumor has it DECADES will make it to CC Tue., 8-11-15 ...
post #16128 of 16128 Old Today, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Rumor has it DECADES will make it to CC Tue., 8-11-15 ...
The following is just my speculation: Keep an eye on 11.2 KSTW-TV of Seattle/Tacoma for DecadesTv

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decades_%28TV_network%29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception