Seattle, WA - Comcast - Page 538 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #16111 of 16121 Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
X1 System is Bugging Me

I recently moved from DirecTV Genie to the X1 system as it saved me money, however....*sigh*

I'll look past losing the "pause on the bedroom tv" feature that my wife is peeved about. I'll look past the weird UX that requires a lot more clicks than I'm used to.

However, the one thing that is really getting to me is that I've missed a bunch of shows, particularly on ABC (105) due to massive pixilation and freezing. ABC Family is also doing it. It's maddening and I haven't yet seen it on other shows. Modern Family, Blackish, and my two Marvel shows -- all unwatchable.

So -- does anyone see this too? I don't know if it's a signal issue, a bad DVR, or ABC just bites. I loathe having to have a tech out yet again (they've been out a few times for security system issues...), but that's my last resort. I'm already hearing "why did we leave DirecTV again?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16112 of 16121 Old 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame View Post
X1 System is Bugging Me

I recently moved from DirecTV Genie to the X1 system as it saved me money, however....*sigh*

I'll look past losing the "pause on the bedroom tv" feature that my wife is peeved about. I'll look past the weird UX that requires a lot more clicks than I'm used to.

However, the one thing that is really getting to me is that I've missed a bunch of shows, particularly on ABC (105) due to massive pixilation and freezing. ABC Family is also doing it. It's maddening and I haven't yet seen it on other shows. Modern Family, Blackish, and my two Marvel shows -- all unwatchable.

So -- does anyone see this too? I don't know if it's a signal issue, a bad DVR, or ABC just bites. I loathe having to have a tech out yet again (they've been out a few times for security system issues...), but that's my last resort. I'm already hearing "why did we leave DirecTV again?"
What are the channel numbers involved? ABC is Ch 104, NBC 105. What channel is ABC Family? Does it happen on both the HD and SD channel? At any rate I'd check for loose connectors at the box and at any splitters. Quite often pixelated channels are the result of ingress.
post #16113 of 16121 Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
What are the channel numbers involved? ABC is Ch 104, NBC 105. What channel is ABC Family? Does it happen on both the HD and SD channel? At any rate I'd check for loose connectors at the box and at any splitters. Quite often pixelated channels are the result of ingress.
You are, of course, right -- I meant 104, not 105. 104 is having issues (and looking back in this thread, someone else had similar issues with 104). I haven't tried the SD channel as I'm auto-setup to immediately jump to HD, and I almost never watch that channel live, it's always recorded. I will look for loose wiring.

ABC Family is 678 for the HD feed (the one we record).
post #16114 of 16121 Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Here in Olympia 104 is on the 159MHz QAM and is therefore potentially subject to ingress from a number of terrestrial sources like business radios and pagers. We get 678 on a different carrier (417MHz) so at least down here there's no correlation. Here's a chart: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/p...3-allochrt.pdf
post #16115 of 16121 Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame View Post
X1 System is Bugging Me

I'm also in Sammamish and I also get some pixelation on KOMO. It's not bad enough to be unwatchable, but it's certainly an irritant. Of the channels I watch, it's the only one I can think of where pixelation is ever an issue. It seems like it must have started in the past couple of months. I don't watch a lot of KOMO (mostly Gray's Anatomy) and I don't recall having any problems with KOMO last fall before Gray's went on some sort of mid-season break.
post #16116 of 16121 Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Last night I noticed 4.3 (327) -- GRIT tv
post #16117 of 16121 Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Does Comcast Seattle carry KUSE 46.1 & 46.5 ... Hot & Retro TV?
post #16118 of 16121 Old 04-11-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levibluewa View Post
Does Comcast Seattle carry KUSE 46.1 & 46.5 ... Hot & Retro TV?
We used to have Retro TV! I don't know why they got rid of it, but then again ... blame KIRO on that switch.
post #16119 of 16121 Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 AM

Re: 7.3

I'm guessing that 7.3 (LAFFtv) is now active OTA in Seattle. Anyone know if it is going to be added soon to Comcast...I'm guessing at 326.
post #16120 of 16121 Old 04-23-2015, 11:57 AM

7.3 (326) -- June 6!
post #16121 of 16121 Old Today, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Noticed four (4) additional HD feeds on comcast-metro-Seattle, WA May 24, 2015 (all with Espanol as primary audio):

channels 723-726: Univision Deportes (sports) HD (with possible some Friday p.m. MLS soccer with secondary English audio), BeInSports-Espanol HD (with many soccer telecasts with English audio), ESPN Deportes HD, and Fox Sports HD.

Some of the comcast subscriber packages have Univision Deportes HD and BeInSports HD included without the Spanish package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception