Seattle, WA - Comcast - Page 539 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #16141 of 16153 Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone been having audio issues. I've noticed on KING 5 and also Fox. Audio seems to cutout from time to time. I'm on the X1 platform and have a surround receiver attached.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16142 of 16153 Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonesex View Post
Has anyone been having audio issues. I've noticed on KING 5 and also Fox. Audio seems to cutout from time to time. I'm on the X1 platform and have a surround receiver attached.

Thanks in advance.
Haven't noticed any issues here in Sammamish. I watch the news daily on KING 5. Probably only ever turn on Fox for the Seahawks games.
post #16143 of 16153 Old 12-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Outrageous! Here in Skagit County, Comcast charges $11 for a cablecard. I went in to their store in Burlington this week and asked how billings would change were I to add a Tivo DVR and drop the Comcast DVR. They said the DVR charge is $10/month and a cablecard is $11/month.

I don't get their pricing at all. Obviously, if I bought a Tivo, I'd be committed to continuing to use Comcast for at least a year, allowing to Tivo's first year free and the inability to receive Seattle OTA here. While, I would be game to move to Dish or DirecTV with their their great (short-term) offers.

Art Shotwell
Anacortes, Wash.
post #16144 of 16153 Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by artshotwell View Post
Outrageous! Here in Skagit County, Comcast charges $11 for a cablecard. I went in to their store in Burlington this week and asked how billings would change were I to add a Tivo DVR and drop the Comcast DVR. They said the DVR charge is $10/month and a cablecard is $11/month.

I don't get their pricing at all. Obviously, if I bought a Tivo, I'd be committed to continuing to use Comcast for at least a year, allowing to Tivo's first year free and the inability to receive Seattle OTA here. While, I would be game to move to Dish or DirecTV with their their great (short-term) offers.
Do you have that in writing? If you spoke on the phone, you should know that many phone reps have no idea what they are talking about and/or will lie to keep a sale. Comcast cablecards are typically $2-4/m. In fact, I think the first one is supposed to be free.
post #16145 of 16153 Old 12-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitti View Post
Do you have that in writing? If you spoke on the phone, you should know that many phone reps have no idea what they are talking about and/or will lie to keep a sale. Comcast cablecards are typically $2-4/m. In fact, I think the first one is supposed to be free.
No, I was given that quote by a Comcast customer service person, in person, at their office in Burlington. I went in to ask. My sister, in Tucson, said hers was free.

Art Shotwell
Anacortes, Wash.
post #16146 of 16153 Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
No, I was given that quote by a Comcast customer service person, in person, at their office in Burlington. I went in to ask. My sister, in Tucson, said hers was free.
My bill breaks them down like this:

Customer Equipment Fee -$2.50 (Credit, not charge, since a converter is included in my package)
First Cable Card $0.00
Second Cable Card $0.80

I'm in the city, but I can't imagine it would be that different in the suburbs.
post #16147 of 16153 Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
My bill breaks them down like this:

Customer Equipment Fee -$2.50 (Credit, not charge, since a converter is included in my package)
First Cable Card $0.00
Second Cable Card $0.80

I'm in the city, but I can't imagine it would be that different in the suburbs.
Just for the heck of it, here is my bill...
Digital Starter $69.99
Additional Outlet $2.99
HD/DVR Converter $9.95
Additional Outlet $2.99
HD Technology Fee $10.00

Total XFINITY TV$95.92

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees-TV
Total Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $2.78

Other Charges & Credits
Broadcast TV Fee $3.25
Regional Sports Fee $1.00
Total Other Charges & Credits $4.25

Statement balance $102.95

Art Shotwell
Anacortes, Wash.
post #16148 of 16153 Old 01-05-2016, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
You need to chat with someone else at Comcast. That fee is way too high for a cablecard. Mine is free also.
post #16149 of 16153 Old 01-17-2016, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone on here using cablecards? I'm not receiving all the channels for the package Im signed up for.
post #16150 of 16153 Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post
Anyone on here using cablecards? I'm not receiving all the channels for the package Im signed up for.
You probably need to check your setup and make sure all the stuff in media center is good, plus that the card is activated properly. If everything looks good on your end they might have to do a re authorization or whatever they call the box hit that resets the card.
My new X1 non DVR box got just the locals, anything else said you need to subscribe to receive this channel after I did the setup through the box on my TV. It knew who I was and was trying to work, just nothing past basic basic channels.
Finally called their 800 number and got a tech that listened to what was going on and said sometimes the computers just don't properly authorize/provision the new box, 2 minutes later he had all my channels working and even threw in 3 months of HBO for free as a long term customer perk. It is set to go away after three months without me having to call and cancel too as I asked, of course the hope is I'll like it so much I'll decide to keep it
Anyways if all else fails make the call and they canmore then likely either fix it quickly or walk you through whatever you missed setting it up.
I'm in Portland but that shouldn't have anything to do with who you call unless you have a direct local number.
post #16151 of 16153 Old 01-17-2016, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post
I have 2 cablecards in Olympia and both get what we pay for. You need to call and keep track of when you call because they'll only comp you from when you contact them.
post #16152 of 16153 Old 01-17-2016, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Digital Starter $69.99
Additional Outlet $2.99
HD/DVR Converter $9.95
Additional Outlet $2.99
HD Technology Fee $10.00

Total XFINITY TV$95.92

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees-TV
Total Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $2.78

Other Charges & Credits
Broadcast TV Fee $3.25
Regional Sports Fee $1.00
Total Other Charges & Credits $4.25

Statement balance $102.95

Given what a ripoff cable service is, I can't figure out why the FCC classifies Skagit, Whatcom, San Juan and Clallam Counties as part of the Seattle DMA. OTA reception of Seattle-market stations is extremely difficult and/or non-existent in Skagit/ Whatcom et al. If Skagit/Whatcom et al were in a separate Bellingham DMA, there would likely be useful OTA reception options for major-league U.S. networks.

Thanks to the FCC's Broadcast TV Frequency Spectrum Auction, this topic could become moot in the next couple of months. Many or perhaps most "local" broadcasters will end up accepting the huge monetary payouts to go "off the air", including KVOS and KBCB. Due to the massive sell-off of TV frequency spectrum to the cell phone companies, local translators like KIRO's penlight-battery-powered Burlington translator will probably go dark as well.
post #16153 of 16153 Old 01-28-2016, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
HD Technology Fee $10.00
So that HD tech fee is for your cable card?

I'm in Pierce County... my cable card is $1.50 per month (it's my only device, used in a Tivo, and then I use a Tivo Mini for a second location... no other cable equipment needed... bonus!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception