Hello! I'm a newbie on this site so please be kind. Thanks!
As I'm looking around my condo in Seattle (Belltown) I have 5 Amazon boxes of OTA Antenna's I recently purchased to try to help me resolve the reception issues I'm having. As of yet I still haven't found the "perfect" solution for me to receive ALL the local OTA HD stations. This project has been a huge pain!
Yikes! I've been told this is an issue in/around the Seattle area. If anyone could help provide some guidance or best practice I would sincerely appreciate it. I don't know where else to turn. I've been working on this project on and off for a few weeks and I'm about to loose it. Lol. Below are the details of my set-up:
- Cedar & Western Ave in Seattle are my cross streets (Belltown Area)
- I live in a 5 year old pure concrete 12 floor hi-rise condo facing straight North. All my windows face North.
- No rooftop or "attic" available for exterior antenna placement
- I have a large balcony again facing north - last, last resort might be able to place an antenna?
- I have hi-rise buildings immediately to my left, right, front. I have a clear view of the sky facing North.
- The only area of clear space with zero buildings blocking if you can imagine from a clock perspective approx: 9p - 3am. Hope that makes sense? Lol
Below is my tvfool link:
SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL 2-Tuner ATSC DLNA/UPnP Compatible Streaming Media Player, HDHR4-2US
From a set-up perspective I've used the amplified signal on all antennas and on the 1Byone Antenna has an adjustable signal which I have played around to test also I've placed the leafs on the window and not once have I been able to lock in KCTS.
Below are the antenna's I've purchased from Amazon within the past month and the HD stations I'm receiving clearly (I'm looking to receive local HD stations only):
Original Mohu Leaf Paper Antenna -----> KOMO, KING, KIRO, KSTW, KCPQ, KONG (the stations ONLY work if I bend the antenna up towards the sky)
Mohu Refurbished Leaf 50 HDTV Antenna -----> KOMO, KING, KIRO, KONG
Terk FDTV1A Flat Digital Omni Directional Amplified Indoor Antenna -----> KOMO, KING, KIRO, KONG
1Byone® Marine&Caravan Circular -----> KOMO, KING, KIRO, KONG
So there you go! I'm willing to try just about anything and everything at this point to be able to get all the local OTA HD stations including trying a new antenna. I hope I provided you all the details you need - if not please let me know. Thank you for your assistance in advance I greatly appreciate it! KATZie