6Likes

post #10141 of 10147 Old 12-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCS View Post
So much for that theory. In what is probably a weather-related issue, I have not been able to get video for KUSE for 2 days. Audio is fine. Very disappointing. I've been OTA for 3 months, and this is the first break in service I've had on KUSE (other than the temporary Russian language programming).
KUSE subchannel 46.5 came back again on Monday morning. Very strange that the issue would clear up when it did, with the weather still bad. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of transmission issue going on. Hoping for a problem-free weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10147 Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does anyone else here use a portable receiver that tunes ATSC M/H (mobile)?

My tuner's recently lost 4.2 (no data), 7.1 (no signal), and 11.1 (no signal). 4.1, 5.1, and 9.1 are still fine.

I've rescanned in more than one location with no luck.

I'm trying to figure out if stations are pulling the plug since the technology never really took off, or if my WiFi tuner's gone kaput and needs to be replaced.
post #10143 of 10147 Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post

My tuner's recently lost 4.2 (no data), 7.1 (no signal), and 11.1 (no signal). 4.1, 5.1, and 9.1 are still fine.

I'm trying to figure out if stations are pulling the plug since the technology never really took off, or if my WiFi tuner's gone kaput and needs to be replaced.
ATSC-M/H 4.2 has been discontinued, but thanks for letting us know who the M/H viewer is.
post #10144 of 10147 Old 12-11-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Tonight the National Weather Service is issuing a High Wind Warning for Puget Sound. Hopefully, those of you on this forum who use outdoor antennas of people have a properly secured install.

Has anyone here used the rather expensive HD Frequency Cable Cutter antenna? Information is at http://www.hdfrequency.com/best_indo..._antennas.html This probably is just another over-hyped antenna design but I did want to ask my fellow Seattleites if they had experience with this $100 indoor/outdoor design.

The CM 4228HD on our roof is pointed towards the major-league Seattle channels. We periodically watch KWPX/Ion and KUSE/Retro TV. Those stations are at a sideways angle from the 4228's positioning, and the 4228 is specifically designed to reject signal from the sides. We do have a rooftop installed generic 4-bay pointed east towards West Tiger, but I haven't been able to find the cable connections to receive its signal in our house. I do have a simple A-B switchbox to go between two different antennas. A Silver Sensor placed indoors is fairly good but still gets occasional breakups on KWPX, and the KUSE-LD signal remains very weak even though it's just 9 miles away and supposedly line-of-sight.
post #10145 of 10147 Old 12-11-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wood View Post
ATSC-M/H 4.2 has been discontinued, but thanks for letting us know who the M/H viewer is.
I guess I should thank you for keeping 4.1 and 9.1 running for me, then.

My Dyle tuner's in my backpack everywhere I go, and it gets a lot of use. Not sure why that technology didn't take off!
post #10146 of 10147 Old Today, 05:24 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post

regarding 11.1 M/H signal...our mobile multiplexer lost it's mind back in late november.....we may or may not get it working again.

R Diotte
CE, KSTW
post #10147 of 10147 Old Today, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdiotte View Post
regarding 11.1 M/H signal...our mobile multiplexer lost it's mind back in late november.....we may or may not get it working again.
Thanks for the info. FWIW, I appreciated that Channel 11 always had guide data on their M/H signal. The other stations seemed to lose theirs altogether in early to mid 2014.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception