post #10171 of 10181 Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtostenr View Post
Anyone know why I can get KIRO 7-1 just fine, but cannot get KING at all? I live in Marysville and am using an Antennas Direct 91XG mounted in the attic. No matter where I point it, I cannot get KING (or KOMO for that matter). Can't post my tv fool results yet since I don't have 5 posts. Jeff
KIRO-TV has a low-power translator for Everett/Marysville. It transmits on a different frequency than the main Seattle transmitter, but it maps out to channel 7.1 (the RF channel is 17).
http://www.kirotv.com/news/entertain...slators/nDqkh/

Additionally, Everett has a low-power translator for KZJO which maps out to channel 22.1 (the RF channel is 29). Besides KIRO and KZJO, which other stations are you able to receive? If you are using a highly-directional XG91 Yagi, it might be worth checking your TV Fool mapping and tinkering around with things.

If you can find a post by DanKurts, send him a PM. Although he specializes in custom A/V installations, he is very knowlegeable about the performance of TV antennas in specific neighborhoods and specific types of houses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10172 of 10181 Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger View Post
Thanks. Do any of you guys know of local shops in the greater Seattle/Lynwood/Puget Sound area that sell good antennas? Not looking at the best buys of the world, more of the specialty shops.
Fry's Electronics in Renton carries some RCA, Channel Master and Antennas Direct models. I recall that McLendon's Hardware carries a couple of RCA antennas. You might want to PM DanKurts on this thread, he performs a lot of custom A/V installs and could point you in the right direction as well as offer his opinions on specific antennas.
post #10173 of 10181 Old 02-02-2015, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacboy View Post
KIRO-TV has a low-power translator for Everett/Marysville. It transmits on a different frequency than the main Seattle transmitter, but it maps out to channel 7.1 (the RF channel is 17).

Additionally, Everett has a low-power translator for KZJO which maps out to channel 22.1 (the RF channel is 29). Besides KIRO and KZJO, which other stations are you able to receive? If you are using a highly-directional XG91 Yagi, it might be worth checking your TV Fool mapping and tinkering around with things.

If you can find a post by DanKurts, send him a PM. Although he specializes in custom A/V installations, he is very knowlegeable about the performance of TV antennas in specific neighborhoods and specific types of houses.
Here are the channels that I am getting right now. Many are at the same azimuth as KING at similar tx power I believe.
post #10174 of 10181 Old 02-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
jtostenr, King is touchy way the heck up here (snohomish). I had to add a signal booster and theres a rather narrow aim for me sometimes. (wonder if my antenna rotor 'walks')
post #10175 of 10181 Old 02-06-2015, 07:11 PM

Everything has changed... all the channel numbers that is. Seemingly as I type... I'm confused...

I came here hoping someone knew what was up. Is it storm related or some kind of upgrade or channel swap?

Getting the network channels on 48 now if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember that existing before.

Using rabbit ears in Edmonds

Last edited by AZFats; 02-06-2015 at 07:33 PM.
post #10176 of 10181 Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFats View Post
Everything has changed... all the channel numbers that is. Seemingly as I type... I'm confused...

Getting the network channels on 48 now if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember that existing before.
KING transmits 5.1 and 5.2 on channels 48.1 and 48.2. Your TV should remap the channels to 5.1 and 5.2 based on the PSIP information in the broadcast stream.

Try re-scanning channels on your TV. In most cases, that should clear things up.

I've seen a couple of receivers over the years that had a really difficult time recovering from corrupt PSIP data. The fix for those was to disconnect the antenna and do a full scan (clearing everything), then reconnecting the antenna and doing another full scan (re-adding everything.)

Good luck!
post #10177 of 10181 Old 02-12-2015, 04:47 PM

Lost local SD channels

Hopefully I'm in the right forum.

I just realized this week (I'm in the Bellevue area), that I've lost several of the local SD channels - Komo 4, King 5, Kong 6, KCTS 9, KZJO 10, and KSTW 11. The screen message just show no TV signal detected. Surprisingly, CBS 7 and FOX 13 aren't affected. I can get them in HD however (channels 104, 105, etc).

I have a cable card and Silicondust Prime with Windows Media Center if that makes a difference. Have I missed some Comcast changes or does anyone know what could be causing this? Appreciate your help.
post #10178 of 10181 Old 02-13-2015, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by girbabe View Post
Hopefully I'm in the right forum.

Have I missed some Comcast changes or does anyone know what could be causing this? Appreciate your help.

This would be the OTA (over the air forum) for Seattle. Come back if you cut the cable. What you want now is Seattle, WA - Comcast Good luck
post #10179 of 10181 Unread 03-12-2015, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
According to the KVOS Bellingham Facebook page, their sister station KFFV Seattle has added a new sub-channel being 44.6. It carries a simulcast of the KVOS METV service, extending METV's footprint further south than is possible from the KVOS Orcas transmitter. Expect some quirk remedy over the nest week or two, but it's now on the air.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #10180 of 10181 Unread 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

MeTV is live on 44.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
According to the KVOS Bellingham Facebook page, their sister station KFFV Seattle has added a new sub-channel being 44.6. It carries a simulcast of the KVOS METV service, extending METV's footprint further south than is possible from the KVOS Orcas transmitter. Expect some quirk remedy over the nest week or two, but it's now on the air.
MeTV is live on KFFV 44.6 today! Obviously KFFV is doing quite a bandwidth juggling act with six channels, although unlike KWPX (of which the .1 ION programming is supposedly HD), all of KFFV's channels are SD.

KVOS' transmitter up on Mt. Constitution, along with a blowtorch 580kw transmitter (quite high power given the HAAT) does have a huge geographic reach. However, given the limitations of digital TV combined with curvature of the earth, reception in the Seattle-Bellevue area is spotty. Their transmitter is almost 89 miles from my house as the crow flies, and on TV Fool the signal strength AGL is -8.7 dB, it only improves to about -8.0 db at 20 feet HAAT, so having the KVOS feed retransmitted on 44.6 is fantastic!

PQ on 44.6 is mid-def. There's some motion blur caused by the limited bitrate. This is typical when a station runs six subchannels. One thing I did notice, however, while watching M*A*S*H* during the past half-hour, is that the MeTV KVOS commercials are LOUD. I'm sure they have developed audio technology which manipulates the audio dB level, so that these LOUD MeTV commercials comply with the FCC'S CALM regulations governing the loudness of commercial advertising.

Last edited by seatacboy; 03-12-2015 at 07:32 PM.
post #10181 of 10181 Unread Today, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Cox has announced that KIRO will add a new sub-channel soon for the April launch of LAFF TV. This new diginet from ABC and Scripps will be formated to keep your laughing, and hopefully ABC and SAcripps laughing all the way to the bank. The new service is set to launch mid-April across the US, and will most likely be aired on KIRO 7.3. The network has already launched a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lafftvnetwork

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page