Wilmington, NC - HDTV - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2251 of 2256 Old 04-29-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks Johanna.

I am way up in Jacksonville, Onslow co. and noticed my TV picked up WILT instead of FOX 24 WTAT Charleston, which I normally would receive. I did not even notice until later on the next day as I was flipping around the dial the night before that a new signal was detected at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2256 Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
WUNJ additional subchannel and Tropospheric effects on WILM

Greetings!

I notice in some of the OTA guides for the wilmington area that 39.5 is showing up for WUNJ and the UNCTV website mentions that 39.5 will become the UNC-MX channel that is currently cable only. Also, 39.1 is showing additional compression on their signal possibly indicating they are making more room.

Any one hear when they will actually start broadcasting UNC-MX OTA?

On another note, WILM and the troposheric effect seems to not be so bad this year. I found the following web site showing maps of the tropospheric effect if you all are interested. My improvement may also be due to using an HDHR4-US instead of an HDHR3-US as well.

dxinfocentre.com

Regards!
post #2253 of 2256 Old 07-12-2015, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I see WWAY has started showing the weatherbug stations on their news since the guy from WTVD took over. I wonder if I joined weather bug if they would show mine? I send to many sites, but I had no luck joining that site when I tried. There doesn't seem to be very many to choose from around the area now. I also wish they would put some program data on Cozi TV and fix that audio glitch.

I noticed also yesterday that Escape has audio problems on 6.3 with it sounding garbled.
post #2254 of 2256 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is going on with WWAY 3.3? Can they not get program data on the guide? Anytime I want to see what's going to be on I have to go to the Internet to find out. Do they not have an engineer working there?
post #2255 of 2256 Old Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm beginning to wonder if Daryl and myself are the only ones who watch TV over the air out of Wilmington anymore, especially since nobody from inside the market boundary counties ever seems to have anything to say! I remember a time when the Wilmington stations were the best ones to watch. Where are the viewers from Brunswick and Columbus counties? Pender or Bladen?
post #2256 of 2256 Old Today, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Haha, I still watch quite a bit of over the air programming even though I have cable. I love watching these networks that are aired on the subject's that broadcast many of the classic TV shows and movies. There are quite a few like for example COZI TV, MeTV, RetroTV, H&I network. PBJ, AntennaTV, GetTV, GritTV and ThisTV just to name a few. The good old days of viewing TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception