Wilmington, NC - HDTV - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks Johanna.

I am way up in Jacksonville, Onslow co. and noticed my TV picked up WILT instead of FOX 24 WTAT Charleston, which I normally would receive. I did not even notice until later on the next day as I was flipping around the dial the night before that a new signal was detected at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
WUNJ additional subchannel and Tropospheric effects on WILM

Greetings!

I notice in some of the OTA guides for the wilmington area that 39.5 is showing up for WUNJ and the UNCTV website mentions that 39.5 will become the UNC-MX channel that is currently cable only. Also, 39.1 is showing additional compression on their signal possibly indicating they are making more room.

Any one hear when they will actually start broadcasting UNC-MX OTA?

On another note, WILM and the troposheric effect seems to not be so bad this year. I found the following web site showing maps of the tropospheric effect if you all are interested. My improvement may also be due to using an HDHR4-US instead of an HDHR3-US as well.

dxinfocentre.com

Regards!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I see WWAY has started showing the weatherbug stations on their news since the guy from WTVD took over. I wonder if I joined weather bug if they would show mine? I send to many sites, but I had no luck joining that site when I tried. There doesn't seem to be very many to choose from around the area now. I also wish they would put some program data on Cozi TV and fix that audio glitch.

I noticed also yesterday that Escape has audio problems on 6.3 with it sounding garbled.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is going on with WWAY 3.3? Can they not get program data on the guide? Anytime I want to see what's going to be on I have to go to the Internet to find out. Do they not have an engineer working there?
Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm beginning to wonder if Daryl and myself are the only ones who watch TV over the air out of Wilmington anymore, especially since nobody from inside the market boundary counties ever seems to have anything to say! I remember a time when the Wilmington stations were the best ones to watch. Where are the viewers from Brunswick and Columbus counties? Pender or Bladen?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Haha, I still watch quite a bit of over the air programming even though I have cable. I love watching these networks that are aired on the sub channels that broadcast many of the classic TV shows and movies. There are quite a few like for example COZI TV, MeTV, RetroTV, H&I network. PBJ, AntennaTV, GetTV, GritTV and ThisTV just to name a few. The good old days of viewing TV.

Last edited by Daryl L; 08-27-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is heroes and icons going to be available in Wilmington? Thats one subchannel i would like to have along with the gameshow one that is launching. I love to see ota tb growing in Wilmington. You get more channels for free than you do paying time Warner $15 a month
Old 08-07-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I use OTA only in brunswick county and pick up the stations broadcasting from Delco area. I can't pick up the ones on the north side of wilmington(and don't want to rig an antenna for them. :-) ) ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX,UNC, CW and their sub channels are plenty(almost too much!)

I am using Mythtv with 2 HDHomerun tuners for recording.
Regards!
Old 08-08-2015, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMRay View Post
Hi Guys,

Long time no see.
Just wanted to let you know we have added .3 channels on WECT and WSFX. Escape is on 6.3 and Grit is on 26.3.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks,.

Ray
Ray, I realize this is an old post, but if you're still around. Any chance you could push DirecTV to add 6.3 and 26.3 to their OTA database for us AM21 users?

Thanks.

-Brent
Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwolf View Post
Ray, I realize this is an old post, but if you're still around. Any chance you could push DirecTV to add 6.3 and 26.3 to their OTA database for us AM21 users?

Thanks.

-Brent
I am about to get back to D* and would also like to see those channels from the OTA box. They have a good deal now compared to the cable snake.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Daryl and myself are the only ones who watch TV over the air out of Wilmington anymore, especially since nobody from inside the market boundary counties ever seems to have anything to say! I remember a time when the Wilmington stations were the best ones to watch. Where are the viewers from Brunswick and Columbus counties? Pender or Bladen?
I have been watching WECT and WWAY OTA up here in Hubert for more than 8 years now, since dumping Time Warner Cable. My reception is pretty solid except for once in a while in the very early AM. I am exactly 68 miles from the transmitters.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 42
For those who care, WWAY is getting a new Chief Engineer. He starts in a couple of weeks. He is a guy who works with me here in Greensboro. I think he will do well there.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
For those who care, WWAY is getting a new Chief Engineer. He starts in a couple of weeks. He is a guy who works with me here in Greensboro. I think he will do well there.
Nice, maybe he will get the guide data going for 3.3 Cozy TV and the audio corrected. The dialogue comes out of the left and right speakers.

And to foxeng, thanks for the work you do at WFXB. The picture quality and audio is always exceptional.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L View Post
Nice, maybe he will get the guide data going for 3.3 Cozy TV and the audio corrected. The dialogue comes out of the left and right speakers.

And to foxeng, thanks for the work you do at WFXB. The picture quality and audio is always exceptional.
First, I don't work at WFXB. Sorry! But all accolades are accepted, earned or not!

Second, I just told the new chief about 3.3 and he says he thinks he knows what the issue is and he will look at it when we gets there.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Foxeng,

If you can pass along to your friend that anytime it rains, the COZI TV 3.3 freezes and goes out like a Directv rain fade, that would be great as well. I don't know if it is a poor aim on a dish or just a small dish or what would cause it... It only happens when it rains down there near the tower.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post
Hey Foxeng,

If you can pass along to your friend that anytime it rains, the COZI TV 3.3 freezes and goes out like a Directv rain fade, that would be great as well. I don't know if it is a poor aim on a dish or just a small dish or what would cause it... It only happens when it rains down there near the tower.
Sounds like he has a growing laundry list!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
First, I don't work at WFXB. Sorry! But all accolades are accepted, earned or not!

Second, I just told the new chief about 3.3 and he says he thinks he knows what the issue is and he will look at it when we gets there.
Maybe it was WSFX digital conversion/buildout you were Involved in? I was thinking you were involved with WFXB's digital conversion or in some fashion. I'm old and I guess my memory is getting things confuse. That was years ago.

And thank you for lead in the new chief engineer about 3.3's situation.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sounds like he has a growing laundry list!
Hahaha, after he hears all these problems he might start feeling a little regret about moving there.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:
Maybe it was WSFX digital conversion/buildout you were Involved in? I was thinking you were involved with WFXB's digital conversion or in some fashion. I'm old and I guess my memory is getting things confuse. That was years ago.
bdfox18doe works out of Charlotte and worked on WFXB. That might be who you're thinking of.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
bdfox18doe works out of Charlotte and worked on WFXB. That might be who you're thinking of.

- Trip
Ahhhh, yes. That would be correct. Got them mixed up.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Ahhhh, yes. That would be correct. Got them mixed up.
How could you? I am MUCH better looking than he is!

Old Today, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How could you? I am MUCH better looking than he is!
Oops, my bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement