El Paso, TX - HDTV - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1861 of 1866 Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Frank, We finally got some good news from the encoder manufacturer about improving the handling of 5.1. Please keep me posted if you notice any changes; as we make the change on 12-18-14, we should be done by Noon. Elias ----- Original Message ----- From: Frank Hoegler <fhoegler@elp.rr.com> To: Elias Ventanilla <elias.ventanilla@kvia.com> Sent: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:53:38 -0600 (CST) Subject: audio Hi Elias, The audio (hicup) has still not gone away. It is pretty rythmatic every 5-10 seconds. It happens on local, and network shows and OTA as well as Dish network.There doesn't seem to be any picture breakup and it is not long enough to trip my 5.1 receiver, but it is very annoying !! Frank

Guys, let me know if your notice the audio fix. Next up KTSM which has extremely loud audio and on the Today show it constantly out of nowhere increases until I hit volume up or down and then randomly will increase again usually after a commercial

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1866 Unread 12-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
As of today KVIA made changes. They made 7.3 480p, and they switched 7.2 and 7.4 to 4:3. The weird thing is that they are showing 16:9 shows in 4:3 squish-o-vision on 7.2. Also now that 7.3 is 480p, I can't receive it on 2 TVs.
post #1863 of 1866 Unread Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
On one of my TVs (a Samsung bought in late 2007 and the one I use most), the aspects for OTA 7-2 and 7-4 show as 1:1 (squished picture), not 4:3. It no longer gets 7-3, even after rescanning. On another older Samsung (2006), 7-2, 7-3 and 7-4 have aspects of 4:3 (this one gets 7-3). An RCA (2013) gets them the same as the older Samsung.

5 MAGNAVOX 2160 & 7 PHILIPS 3576 OTA
TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1864 of 1866 Unread Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreedelp View Post
On one of my TVs (a Samsung bought in late 2007 and the one I use most), the aspects for OTA 7-2 and 7-4 show as 1:1 (squished picture), not 4:3. It no longer gets 7-3, even after rescanning. On another older Samsung (2006), 7-2, 7-3 and 7-4 have aspects of 4:3 (this one gets 7-3). An RCA (2013) gets them the same as the older Samsung.
Just checked my OTA and Dish Sat. I get all 7-1 through 7-4 All except 7-1 are squished top and bottom and sides. not even the CW which used sizing to get the 4:3 to 16:9 but not true 16:9 HD. Not possible 2 have 2 HD's with the allotted bandwidth. Do either of your TV's use PSIP to get their guide data? most don't OTA but people who still have a converter box or a HD recorder use PSIP for the program guide. KVIA is now off time and throws the average of about 1:40 seconds slow. Also the FIX, refered to in my above 1861 post from Elias, kvia engineer about the sound hiccup does NOT seem to have been fixed. They were doing something Thursday noon because during the news the sound was going in and out. Do you have this problem? takes a discerning ear to hear it.

Last edited by FRANK43; Yesterday at 11:45 AM.
post #1865 of 1866 Unread Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Use PSIP only to get current show information. Not watching KVIA much right now, but hadn't noticed any sound problems--probably because when I have it on (usually during news at noon and 4) it is mostly just background while I'm in the kitchen cooking.

Watching Sabadazo on 26-1 and they are blurring out Cecilia's chest. She is wearing a low cut yellow dress that shows quite a bit (they let a few shots get thru). Will have to check out the show again at 7 tonight on 32-1 to see what I'm missing. Doesn't look like the dress shows any more than she has shown in the past. Maybe it's because it is the Christmas show that they don't want anyone to see some major cleavage.

5 MAGNAVOX 2160 & 7 PHILIPS 3576 OTA
TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1866 of 1866 Unread Today, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I can get all of 7-1 through 7-4 on my Sony TV but no 7-3 on the Tivo. I went through this years ago as the PSIP information (video PID's and such) were not being sent out correctly and Tivo dictates what all of the technical settings should be. Some receivers are better at handling this type of problem than others. Yes, I also tried a recorder that depended on over-the -air time. It was a nightmare, some stations were close others never even go to daylight savings time. As I recall a couple of Juarez channels were always 12:00 midnight.
Frankly, I am so tired of dealing with these Mickey Mouse local stations that I just watch everything from Netflix, on the Tivo, and read the news on the computer.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page