El Paso, TX - HDTV - Page 64 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My TVs now get KVIA OTA on 7-3 and 17-3 instead of 7-1. The CW is now on 7-4 and 17-4 instead of 7-2. Other subchannels moved to 7-5/17-5 and 7-6/17-6.

5 MAGNAVOX 2160 & 7 PHILIPS 3576 OTA
TWC ROADRUNNER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Evidently, KVIA has lost some of their "PSIP re-mapping" information. Technically, what we normally consider to be the -01 signal is on -03, 02 is 04, etc. My first HDTV had the ability to direct enter channels without doing a scan and for the weather I used to always punch in 07-05. They will probably fix it in a few days.
post #1893 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
yesterday near the end of the Mavericks game I was watching 7-1 on my my Dish receiver and it switched to the CW programing near the end of the game. 7-0 the Dish channel for KVIA was OK. 7-1 was OK on OTA on my TV, and other HD recorders though. It was still that way when I went to bed at 10. Big problem is I forgot I record "revenge" on 7-1 on the Dish recorder and it recorded CW. The guide data also went out late in the afternoon. I"ll check in a few minutes I don't have the 7-2,3,4 tuned into my Dish receiver.

All this bragging about a new transmitter, and now this on top of the hiccup in the audio problem.

post #1894 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Looks like everything is back to normal for KVIA. Turned TV on to watch the noon news and the channel switched back from 7-3 to 7-1 (all others are good too). Also have guide information.

Had to wait to post because TWC had cable problems which included internet access. It's all back now too. Guess everybody is goofing off thanks to the good weather and spring break.

TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1895 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreedelp View Post
Looks like everything is back to normal for KVIA. Turned TV on to watch the noon news and the channel switched back from 7-3 to 7-1 (all others are good too). Also have guide information.

Had to wait to post because TWC had cable problems which included internet access. It's all back now too. Guess everybody is goofing off thanks to the good weather and spring break.
I checked around 9:30 and all was OK with Dish 7-0 and 7-1. With Dish KVIA 7-1 was on 7-2 now back to 7-1

So TWC had the problem also ! glad to here that. A friend of mine said he had no problems with his TWC but then again he is always trying to get me to get TWC and even if TWC was out in the whole city his would still be working.

post #1896 of 1914 Old 03-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For about 2 or 3 days 13-2 has been showing EPPC TV again.
post #1897 of 1914 Old 03-20-2015, 11:56 AM

Anybody else having problems with KVIA's noon news? On my TV it keeps switching from 16:9 to 4:3 and back. It doesn't last long enough for me to get to another TV to see if maybe the problem is my TV.

Also, anyone else notice that on certain recorders ABC and CW channels are copy-protected and won't record? Missed Grey's Anatomy and Scandal recordings last night. Contacted KVIA last night. Now, it's worse and the CW is copy-protected also. Sending another complaint.

TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1898 of 1914 Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Anybody else having problems with KVIA's noon news? On my TV it keeps switching from 16:9 to 4:3 and back. It doesn't last long enough for me to get to another TV to see if maybe the problem is my TV.
I also noticed problems the top and bottom of the screen would turn green. I tried changing the channel and the problem went a way only to come back about 1 or 2 minutes latter. It finally went away at about 12:30 PM.
post #1899 of 1914 Old 03-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Also, anyone else notice that on certain recorders ABC and CW channels are copy-protected and won't record? Missed Grey's Anatomy and Scandal recordings last night. Contacted KVIA last night. Now, it's worse and the CW is copy-protected also. Sending another complaint.
Is it happening during the same part of the broadcast? ie the reporters at the studio desk and then switching ! I didn't notice in the 10 minutes or so I watched today at noon. Commercials are sometimes in 4:3. I still have the slight hiccup in the audio on all my devices. I have Dish, and an OTA recorder and OTA directly to the TV. It is really bad if I watch (unwatchable) OTA through the Dish recorder sometimes even loosing the audio completely. here is the engineers e-mail. elias.ventanilla@kvia.com, He keeps telling me they are getting new equipment and adjusting. Now they say they put in a new transmitter and to re tune. Made no difference and may be worse. This station has been FUed for years.

I haven't recorded anything in the past week, but will do something tonight on both the Dish recorder and my HD OTA recorder and then the weekend. "revenge" Can't believe they would or could copy protect programs.

post #1900 of 1914 Old 03-20-2015, 03:32 PM

They inadvertently turned on the copy protection for a couple days in February. I noticed when my Philips recorder failed to record on Thursday and Friday, February 19 and 20. My Magnavox recorded fine on Wednesday, February 18. Only know copy protection was on last night (and still) because my Philips failed to record and still won't record. It was okay on Monday--my Philips recorded Castle okay. Tuesdays and Wednesdays shows record on my Magnavox. The CW recorded fine all week on my Philips. Tried today and no go. That's why I know the copy protection had been extended to everything.

Guess I need to reorganize my recorders so everything on KVIA and CW are recorded on my Magnavox recorders. Going to make watching my recorded season passes fun with different parts of the season on different recorders.

TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1901 of 1914 Old 03-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK43 View Post
Is it happening during the same part of the broadcast? ie the reporters at the studio desk and then switching ! I didn't notice in the 10 minutes or so I watched today at noon. Commercials are sometimes in 4:3. I still have the slight hiccup in the audio on all my devices. I have Dish, and an OTA recorder and OTA directly to the TV. It is really bad if I watch (unwatchable) OTA through the Dish recorder sometimes even loosing the audio completely. here is the engineers e-mail. elias.ventanilla@kvia.com, He keeps telling me they are getting new equipment and adjusting. Now they say they put in a new transmitter and to re tune. Made no difference and may be worse. This station has been FUed for years.

I haven't recorded anything in the past week, but will do something tonight on both the Dish recorder and my HD OTA recorder and then the weekend. "revenge" Can't believe they would or could copy protect programs.
Did not have any problem recording "last man standing" or "Cristella" on either dish 7-0, Dish OTA 7-1 or both on my PAL DVR OTA recorder

post #1902 of 1914 Old 03-21-2015, 03:58 AM

Was able to record Hart of Dixie on the CW using my Philips last night. Had to record Last Man Standing and Cristela on my Magnavox. This morning nothing on KVIA or CW will record on the Philips. Will keep trying throughout the day, but will reorganize so I don't miss recording any more shows.

TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1903 of 1914 Old 03-22-2015, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Castle, Agents of Shield, and Scandal recorded normal on DirecTv this week. You can watch past episodes on ABC.com 7 days (I think) after airing.
post #1904 of 1914 Old 03-22-2015, 07:44 AM

Actually, it's eight days. But that doesn't do me any good since I record the whole season before watching. The trouble is they rarely repeat the episodes that I missed taping. I usually end up streaming them on-line from non-network sites.

TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1905 of 1914 Old 04-12-2015, 12:11 PM

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for awhile because there have been few issues with local TV until recently.

For the past few weeks, I noticed that on some CBS shows, the audio cuts out every other second or so and lasts about 30-60 seconds. This usually occurs at the beginning of the program. It is quite annoying and you need to turn on the captions (which still display) to understand what is being said. Is anyone else noticing this issue? Or is it a DirecTV problem. This week on CBS I believe it occurred on Person of Interest and Elementary.
post #1906 of 1914 Old 04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artiepenguin View Post
Hello everyone, I haven't posted for awhile because there have been few issues with local TV until recently.

For the past few weeks, I noticed that on some CBS shows, the audio cuts out every other second or so and lasts about 30-60 seconds. This usually occurs at the beginning of the program. It is quite annoying and you need to turn on the captions (which still display) to understand what is being said. Is anyone else noticing this issue? Or is it a DirecTV problem. This week on CBS I believe it occurred on Person of Interest and Elementary.
It has been happening quite regularly for at least a month or so. Only seems to be with prime time shows and happens OTA and Dish.

post #1907 of 1914 Old 04-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It has been happening quite regularly for at least a month or so. Only seems to be with prime time shows and happens OTA and Dish.
By the way Artie, Have you been having an audio problem with KTSM? They are much louder than others and during the Today show, only, the volume will suddenly increase several points. I can reduce it with won click higher or lower with the TV volume control, both on Dish and OTA. I'm not sure if it happens with my home theater system dolby 5.1 turned on, will have to try it in the morning.

KDBC volume seems lower than KVIA or KFOX but no were near as bad as KTSM.

post #1908 of 1914 Old 04-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Well I saw the Big Bang Theory on Thursday and there weren't any audio problems.
post #1909 of 1914 Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
By the way Artie, Have you been having an audio problem with KTSM? They are much louder than others and during the Today show, only, the volume will suddenly increase several points. I can reduce it with won click higher or lower with the TV volume control, both on Dish and OTA. I'm not sure if it happens with my home theater system dolby 5.1 turned on, will have to try it in the morning.

KDBC volume seems lower than KVIA or KFOX but no were near as bad as KTSM.
I think a few weeks ago KTSM was really loud while I was watching the Blacklist. Have not really come across the issue recently and I usually don't see the Today show. KDBC does seem a bit lower than the other stations.

Cube799, the audio cut out issue only seems to be occurring during the beginning of certain shows.
post #1910 of 1914 Old 04-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Last night, Wednesday, CSI Cyber had the audio problem at the beginning of the show. Dish and OTA. Maybe we can put a list together after a few weeks to see if it is the same shows all the time or just random. I don't know who the engineer is at KDBC or KFOX. I have KVIA, elias.ventanilla@kvia.com and KTSM, pbarba@ktsm.com. Peter Barba
Operations Manager is Osvaldo Carrillo e-mail probably is ocarrillo@ktsm.com

Last edited by FRANK43; 04-16-2015 at 08:42 AM.
post #1911 of 1914 Old 04-17-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Last night, Wednesday, CSI Cyber had the audio problem at the beginning of the show. Dish and OTA. Maybe we can put a list together after a few weeks to see if it is the same shows all the time or just random. I don't know who the engineer is at KDBC or KFOX. I have KVIA, elias.ventanilla@kvia.com and KTSM, pbarba@ktsm.com. Peter Barba
Operations Manager is Osvaldo Carrillo e-mail probably is ocarrillo@ktsm.com
Person of Interest had it this week for about 30 s in the middle of the show; Elementary too but in the beginning 5 minutes. I have yet to see Scorpion of Hawaii 5-0 with that issue so maybe it is only from Tuesday to Thursday. Probably something with satellite signal and their equipment. Time to contact KDBC, does anyone have contact into for their engineer?
post #1912 of 1914 Old 04-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Person of Interest had it this week for about 30 s in the middle of the show; Elementary too but in the beginning 5 minutes. I have yet to see Scorpion of Hawaii 5-0 with that issue so maybe it is only from Tuesday to Thursday. Probably something with satellite signal and their equipment. Time to contact KDBC, does anyone have contact into for their engineer?
I stumbled on Nichole L Villalobos nlvillalobos@cbs4local.com, she is now the Program Director. she used to be a good contact when she was at KFOX. She probably just moved over to KDBC when Sinclair bought them, and KDBC and KFOX moved into their new building.

I record POI and Elementary and watch them on Saterday night, so will see if I have he same problem with them. Don't recall a problem with Scorpion either this week and don't watch H 50.

post #1913 of 1914 Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I stumbled on Nichole L Villalobos nlvillalobos@cbs4local.com, she is now the Program Director. she used to be a good contact when she was at KFOX. She probably just moved over to KDBC when Sinclair bought them, and KDBC and KFOX moved into their new building.

I record POI and Elementary and watch them on Saturday night, so will see if I have he same problem with them. Don't recall a problem with Scorpion either this week and don't watch H 50.
same problem OTA recording of POI and Elementary

post #1914 of 1914 Old Today, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Got this in my email to Nichole

Good afternoon- We are SORELY aware of the problems we are having. It has to do with the brand new to the industry equipment we were given with our new building. It's very fancy but it's been a bear to work with and we are still working with the developers to get the bugs worked out. Our engineers already get a cumbersome amount of emails so we are compiling all emails that need to go to them through my office. In your case I can assure you they are aware of and diligently working on the issue. Thanks for watching. Nichole Villalobos Regional Program Coordinator KFOX & KDBC El Paso

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page