El Paso, TX - HDTV - Page 65 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1921 of 1929 Old 05-11-2015, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems like the CBS audio issue has been fixed starting with shows airing on the week of Monday, May 04. The only issue has been a brief digital cut out of about 1 second where both picture and audio cut out, though I believe closed captioning is still intact. I believe it happened once during the Person of Interest season 4 finale and also during the Hawaii Five-0 season finale. Hopefully some small adjustments will fix that issue but it is bar better than 30-60 seconds of choppy audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1929 Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
More on KVIA never ending problems.

Hi Elias, I've been meaning to ask before but why are you still broadcasting OTA on channels 7 and 17 and both at different strengths. Frank

Frank, We will terminate VHF 7 on May 26, we will have a campaign to rescan on the day before. Elias

post #1923 of 1929 Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What's going on with KCOS (PBS 13-1)? For the second time in three weeks they are off the air with the OTA signal. Three weeks ago they were off for 3-4 days. Now they are off again tonight. How do they expect us to remain viewers of shows like Call The Midwife and Mr Selfridge (both of which are season finales tonight) when the signal keeps dying? This is ridiculous!

5 MAGNAVOX 2160 & 7 PHILIPS 3576 OTA
TWC ROADRUNNER
post #1924 of 1929 Old 05-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreedelp View Post
What's going on with KCOS (PBS 13-1)? For the second time in three weeks they are off the air with the OTA signal. Three weeks ago they were off for 3-4 days. Now they are off again tonight. How do they expect us to remain viewers of shows like Call The Midwife and Mr Selfridge (both of which are season finales tonight) when the signal keeps dying? This is ridiculous!
They were off on Dish also. was not tying to watch any thing just hit the wrong button.

post #1925 of 1929 Old 05-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreedelp View Post
check out their web site. http://www.kcostv.org/home/

post #1926 of 1929 Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Had audio problem a minute or so into CSI LA last night. So I guess their problems are still not fixed. If the supplier of the equipment can't get it fixed or the people trained, in my day I would be out of a job.

post #1927 of 1929 Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

KVIA messed up again on OTA and Dish ! anyone else having problem? emailed Elias last night, no response yet.

KCOS is back on Dish and OTA but OTA signal is only 70 compared to others that are close 100.

Last edited by FRANK43; Yesterday at 08:51 AM.
post #1928 of 1929 Old Today, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My OTA 4.1 KDBC got hijacked by KOBDT1 out of Caballo NM. KOBDT1 is NBC, I already have KTSM , I don't need two NBCs. I want my CBS back. Any suggestions. I have a DB2 Antenna Direct antenna and it is pointed towards El Paso not Caballo. Anybody help?
post #1929 of 1929 Old Today, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevy View Post
My OTA 4.1 KDBC got hijacked by KOBDT1 out of Caballo NM. KOBDT1 is NBC, I already have KTSM , I don't need two NBCs. I want my CBS back. Any suggestions. I have a DB2 Antenna Direct antenna and it is pointed towards El Paso not Caballo. Anybody help?
Try retuning your TV or e-mail nlvillalobos@cbs4local.com she is handling KDBC and KFOX engineering problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception