El Paso, TX - HDTV - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1921 of 1944 Old 05-11-2015, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems like the CBS audio issue has been fixed starting with shows airing on the week of Monday, May 04. The only issue has been a brief digital cut out of about 1 second where both picture and audio cut out, though I believe closed captioning is still intact. I believe it happened once during the Person of Interest season 4 finale and also during the Hawaii Five-0 season finale. Hopefully some small adjustments will fix that issue but it is bar better than 30-60 seconds of choppy audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1944 Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
More on KVIA never ending problems.

Hi Elias, I've been meaning to ask before but why are you still broadcasting OTA on channels 7 and 17 and both at different strengths. Frank

Frank, We will terminate VHF 7 on May 26, we will have a campaign to rescan on the day before. Elias

post #1923 of 1944 Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
What's going on with KCOS (PBS 13-1)? For the second time in three weeks they are off the air with the OTA signal. Three weeks ago they were off for 3-4 days. Now they are off again tonight. How do they expect us to remain viewers of shows like Call The Midwife and Mr Selfridge (both of which are season finales tonight) when the signal keeps dying? This is ridiculous!
post #1924 of 1944 Old 05-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreedelp View Post
What's going on with KCOS (PBS 13-1)? For the second time in three weeks they are off the air with the OTA signal. Three weeks ago they were off for 3-4 days. Now they are off again tonight. How do they expect us to remain viewers of shows like Call The Midwife and Mr Selfridge (both of which are season finales tonight) when the signal keeps dying? This is ridiculous!
They were off on Dish also. was not tying to watch any thing just hit the wrong button.

post #1925 of 1944 Old 05-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
check out their web site. http://www.kcostv.org/home/

post #1926 of 1944 Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Had audio problem a minute or so into CSI LA last night. So I guess their problems are still not fixed. If the supplier of the equipment can't get it fixed or the people trained, in my day I would be out of a job.

post #1927 of 1944 Old 05-22-2015, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

KVIA messed up again on OTA and Dish ! anyone else having problem? emailed Elias last night, no response yet.

KCOS is back on Dish and OTA but OTA signal is only 70 compared to others that are close 100.

Last edited by FRANK43; 05-22-2015 at 08:51 AM.
post #1928 of 1944 Old 05-23-2015, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My OTA 4.1 KDBC got hijacked by KOBDT1 out of Caballo NM. KOBDT1 is NBC, I already have KTSM , I don't need two NBCs. I want my CBS back. Any suggestions. I have a DB2 Antenna Direct antenna and it is pointed towards El Paso not Caballo. Anybody help?
post #1929 of 1944 Old 05-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevy View Post
My OTA 4.1 KDBC got hijacked by KOBDT1 out of Caballo NM. KOBDT1 is NBC, I already have KTSM , I don't need two NBCs. I want my CBS back. Any suggestions. I have a DB2 Antenna Direct antenna and it is pointed towards El Paso not Caballo. Anybody help?
Try retuning your TV or e-mail nlvillalobos@cbs4local.com she is handling KDBC and KFOX engineering problems.

post #1930 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 03:36 PM

KVIA OTA signal has been down since around 11:30 AM today. This is happening far too often now. Fortunately, there aren't any nightly programs to miss. Don't care about daytime except for the news at Noon and 4-6.

Don't see anything on the website about OTA signal being down.
post #1931 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KVIA turned off Channel 7 today, maybe you get the signal from 7. Try rescanning to see if you can get it from channel 17.
post #1932 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 04:21 PM

I had forgotten about the changeover (probably because no one around here ever sticks to a schedule!). Rescanned all my TVs and HDD recorders, KVIA is still mapping to 7-1 so am good to go again.
post #1933 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

I mentioned this in post #1921 which was an email I got from Elias the station engineer. They have been broadcasting on both 7 and 17 for years

post #1934 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM

Yeah, but when have they ever completed anything when they said they would? Remember how long it took them to upgrade their equipment after telling us several completion dates (finally done late last year)?

What would have been nice would have been to put a service message on-screen for several days saying "We will be switching signals at 11:30 AM on Tuesday, May 26. After that time, please rescan your devices." They have been running the promo telling us to rescan sporadically for months now and it really became useless because you didn't need to rescan (remember Chicken Little?).

I just thought the problem was like when they were down last week. Didn't need to rescan then--just waited until they came back up.
KD5AEY likes this.
post #1935 of 1944 Old 05-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, but when have they ever completed anything when they said they would? Remember how long it took them to upgrade their equipment after telling us several completion dates (finally done late last year)?

What would have been nice would have been to put a service message on-screen for several days saying "We will be switching signals at 11:30 AM on Tuesday, May 26. After that time, please rescan your devices." They have been running the promo telling us to rescan sporadically for months now and it really became useless because you didn't need to rescan (remember Chicken Little?).

I just thought the problem was like when they were down last week. Didn't need to rescan then--just waited until they came back up.
Ya I remember the almost 3 year wait for their "new equipment" to finally broadcast in dolby 5.1. All others had been doing it for more than 4 years. They are always having problems. All they had to do today was turn off the channel 7 switch. They will probably F something up when the actually remove the equipment. They should have waited until today to turn on the "new transmitter" they had everyone re-tune to a month or so ago and definitely promo the turn off days before today. They think they are the only station in town anyone watches. They spend all their money on weather equipment and are nothing but a "tabloid" news and weather station. Their next "project" is to get the PSIP time correct and new equipment because they and the manufacture can"' figure out the problem. Another FCC violation. Done ranting till next time. Going to bed. lol

This was on their web page "tonight" what a joke.
EL PASO, Texas - ABC-7 is once again improving your over the air viewing experience.
The station has moved its digital signal.
So to make sure you're getting the new over the air signal, re-scan your digital TV now.
If re-scanning the first time does not work, try unplugging your TV. After unplugging your TV, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and re-scan.

Last edited by FRANK43; 05-26-2015 at 09:16 PM.
post #1936 of 1944 Old 05-31-2015, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, if not for this site we would still be in the dark!
post #1937 of 1944 Old 06-13-2015, 01:55 PM

Ktsm

What is happening with KTSM this weekend? I saw a notice that said we needed to rescan our receivers.
post #1938 of 1944 Old 06-15-2015, 05:08 AM

Don't know, but at least they advertised it ahead of time. EDIT: Just saw the WHOLE ad. They did an upgrade to the tower.

Whatever they did only affected one of my TVs (have four) and all of my HDD recorders. Rescanned all TVs just to be safe.

Last edited by mreedelp; 06-15-2015 at 06:58 AM.
post #1939 of 1944 Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Don't know, but at least they advertised it ahead of time. EDIT: Just saw the WHOLE ad. They did an upgrade to the tower.

Whatever they did only affected one of my TVs (have four) and all of my HDD recorders. Rescanned all TVs just to be safe.
Needed to rescan everything...
post #1940 of 1944 Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Kvia & ktsm

I agree, a rescan is necessary in some TV sets to get OTA signal.
Somehow FCC grant permission to KVIA & KTSM to transmit on VHF and UHF simultaneously and this is the reason both stations air their programming on VHF/UHF.
The grace periods ended a few weeks ago and both stations decided to stayed on UHF for better coverage and reception and re-scan was necessarily...

"Weird stuff happened on TV all the time and we need to thank our FCC for all those weird rules and regulations that affected us all the time"
post #1941 of 1944 Old 06-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD4K View Post
I agree, a rescan is necessary in some TV sets to get OTA signal.
Somehow FCC grant permission to KVIA & KTSM to transmit on VHF and UHF simultaneously and this is the reason both stations air their programming on VHF/UHF.
The grace periods ended a few weeks ago and both stations decided to stayed on UHF for better coverage and reception and re-scan was necessarily...

"Weird stuff happened on TV all the time and we need to thank our FCC for all those weird rules and regulations that affected us all the time"
If you do a manual rescan for a particular station, KTSM is 16, KVIA is now 17 they will show on your device as 9 KTSM and 7 KVIA

post #1942 of 1944 Old 06-24-2015, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MeTV on 4.3

Taking about re-scanning... I pickup a new sub-channel on 4.3, looks like the station is doing some internal testing right now and I contacted the local station and I was told MeTV should be launching soon but there is not an official date yet.

Have fun re-scanning
post #1943 of 1944 Old 06-30-2015, 03:05 PM

I've been checking out 4-3. I don't know what KDBC is doing, but all of their channels (4-1, 4-2, and 4-3) are now at half the strength of all the other local (US) channels. There are minor break-ups every few minutes making it anything but enjoyable to watch, especially when some of the break-ups result in a loud pop from the speakers.

Edit: Wed 7/1: The signal is much better this morning (though still some below the others). No more break-ups. Hopefully, it stays this way.

Last edited by mreedelp; 07-01-2015 at 05:41 AM.
post #1944 of 1944 Old 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've been checking out 4-3. I don't know what KDBC is doing, but all of their channels (4-1, 4-2, and 4-3) are now at half the strength of all the other local (US) channels. There are minor break-ups every few minutes making it anything but enjoyable to watch, especially when some of the break-ups result in a loud pop from the speakers.

Edit: Wed 7/1: The signal is much better this morning (though still some below the others). No more break-ups. Hopefully, it stays this way.
I've been having problems also, loosing signal through my Dish receiver and the antenna hooked up to it. They both went out around 11Am this morning. the OTA is still out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception